Latest News:

Bradford 82 v West Wales Raiders 6
Rogero (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 07:00
A late converted try from Steve Parry saved the West Wales Raiders from being nilled on top of conceding 15 tries in what was a tough opening competitive fixture at Odsal in the Challenge Cup.

The attendance was 1,505

WEST WALES RAIDERS: Smith, Haile, Bateman, Tennant, Snook, Parry, Stroud, Evans, Higgs, Desmond-Walker, Lewis, Elliot, Parker

Interchanges: Boots, Phillips, Simon, Kaye.

GOALS: Stroud 1/1

TRIES: Parry (76)

BRADFORD BULLS: McNally, Ryan, Gibson, Smith, Grant, Keyes, Pickersgill, Peltier, Hallas, Crossley, Minchella, Johnson, Milton.

Interchanges: Chisholm, Halafihi, Wood, Bustin.

GOALS: Keyes 11/15

TRIES: Johnson (3, 49), Crossley (7), Ryan (12), McNally (22, 30), Minchella (23, 35, 54, 57, 69) Bustin (47), Gibson (62, 79), Chisholm (67)

Re: Bradford 82 v West Wales Raiders 6
Rogero (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 07:41
Only twice in the Scorpions / Ironmen history have more points been conceded in a match, let's hope the learning curve isn't too steep otherwise it will be a long hard season. Bradford are after all in the same division as WWR and we have to play them twice more.

At least WWR ruffled a few feathers as the later try by Parry ruined their perfect match!!

cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 10:42
It looks bad - but nothing could be further from the truth.

There have been improvements in each of the 3 games - despite the scorelines.

We should remind ourselves that Bradford have been able to take a head coach who had just signed a long term contract at Wakefield.

Dane Chisholm,last year,who had been on contract at Championship Sheffield Eagles,and then last week,the Hunslet captain Flanagan,who had just signed a long contract at that club.

There 5 try scorer,Elliott Minchella,had gone through the Leeds Academy system,got into a bit of bother with lunatic Zac Hardaker,and was full time at Sheffield in 2016.

Mcnally,who scored a brace was in need of a lung transplant after running three quartes of the pitch to score one of his 2 tries and was very nearly caught by one of our players.McNally was full time in super League only last season.

By time he scored the game had been won and this,as well as the late try we scored,demonstrated our commitment,fitness and attitude.

There were actually the signs of scintillas of skill in the brief periods we had possession,despite yet again having a different spine to the side.

One major frustration was every restart was at the same height,weight,pace,length,to the same opposition player,their left,where Minchella was playing and he learned,while at Sheffield,how to be a very good support player;as well as being very well balanced with good footwork.

After about an hour,a bit of variation - and we get the knock-on!

The best side won and dominated throughout but I don't think any supporter who has seen what 2018 offers is in any way downhearted.

Should Doncaster struggle for dual reg players from Hull FC - and Miloudi is a bit temperamental,anyway, - then with the home crowd behind them - it would be supremely wonderful for these players to get their first win in their first home game.

I am not a betting man - if I was I wouldn't bet against it

Rogero (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 13:52
I'll put a fiver on WWR to get a result then!

For thos who want to review the Bulls game here's the link. All Bradford's games are being shown live this season except cup games (shown delayed)..

Bulls v Raiders

40:20 (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 08:35
I have to admire the optimism and positive xomments from CI13, well said sir.

The only way is UP!!

cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 14:52

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing