rugbyunion
Latest News:

UlsterFan
86 point handicap..
40:20 (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 13:06
Sky Bet are giving WWR an 86 point start.

jd1664.
Re: 86 point handicap..
jd1664. (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 15:32
Two horse handicap betting is not worth the risk but I think I would be backing the Bullls on -86

UlsterFan
05 May, 2018 14:18
It's increased to 90 now!!

jd1664.
jd1664. (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 17:35
Whoops

UlsterFan
06 May, 2018 19:04
I suppose it is an improvement...

Penybont Crusader
Penybont Crusader (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 19:23
An improvement but a not a great one.

My best mate who is a Bulls fan said that in the second half it was pretty obvious Bulls players were holding back in tackles as they realised Raiders players just are not physically ready for this level. It also been reported on TotalRl forums. Player welfare is paramount.

UlsterFan
06 May, 2018 20:54
If that is the case what due diligence was undertaken by the club in the close season and when players were signed? As has been said before the Raiders took over running the club halfway through the 2017 season and the first game at Stebonheath was a WIN, followed by an away draw. Although the familiar pattern of defeats was soon returned to.

What has happened since?

Two consecutive defeats of well over 100 points without reply does beg some questions.

Hopefully things will improve for all concerned.

Player safety is important and the well being of all must take priority, but if teams are easing up on WWR it cannot be good for the sport or it's development.

lewj
lewj (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 07:52
I'd give it a few more games and pull the plug if nothing changes.
Unless the club have a plan and by that I mean a lot different to the plan that cane previously then it is only going one way.

They are simply not ready for league 1 and it shows more than ever.

I had big hopes but young Welsh kids who lack size and the street savvy to compete at this level is not the way to go.

I'll try to get to the Donny game in blind faith and to support those that take the field but we need to be trying something different no doubt.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2018 12:03 by lewj.

UlsterFan
07 May, 2018 14:36
[www.youtube.com]

You can watch the highlights here.

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 22:04
Interestingly,despite the heat,and our part time players performing against a team reported to be a hybrid of full time and part time,which yesterday included a full back from Castleford,Hitchcock,who is full time,the referee never called for a drinks stop.

I am not familiar with the ruling,I shall get round to checking in the days ahead,but not very considerate anyway,when the lads have been on the back end of a world record defeat,and then stuck on a bus for several hours before playing a side which appears to have had more spend on it for League 1 than it did for playing in The Championship.

Of course,no one knows who paid the out of court settlement.

jd1664.
jd1664. (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 15:14
Cast-iron, your continual harping on about full time players, duel registration players and "eight hour coach journeys" is a bit disingenuous. No-one is breaking the rules and, more importantly, the club knew all these factors when it decided to pick up the Scorpions baton and try and compete from Stebonheath.

As has been well said elsewhere, any South Wales club will have to be better than, not simply equal, to a heartland club to simply compete let alone win.

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 15:37
Quote:
jd1664.
Cast-iron, your continual harping on about full time players, duel registration players and "eight hour coach journeys" is a bit disingenuous. No-one is breaking the rules and, more importantly, the club knew all these factors when it decided to pick up the Scorpions baton and try and compete from Stebonheath.
As has been well said elsewhere, any South Wales club will have to be better than, not simply equal, to a heartland club to simply compete let alone win.

I think they rescued the Ironmen and assisted that club to finish their fixtures.

when clubs joined League 1 15-20 years ago they joined a part-time league.

The Raiders players gained their world record playing against players signed and coached by an Australian coach,Tim Sheens,who apparently has the best record of any Australian national coach.

I haven't suggested any rules have been broken - just stated facts.Part time players,perform against full time players,after the part time players have endured a long coach trip.

The best sides in the world would struggle with a number of injuries to half backs.

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 17:26
Nobody on the is board wants anything but the best for the club representing the southern half of the Principality, but really we don't want to hear arguments about it not being fair and the lack of drink breaks.

Yes the Raiders took over the Ironmen last season but that at least meant they were taking over an existing and known product. We are nearly 12 months on from that takeover and current results could not really be worse.

Supporters have had a decade of watching / following the club in it's various guises struggle at the wrong end of the table. Is 2018 going to be another knotch on the bedpost?

It's very nice to have a good ovation from a team's fans who have just scored more than 20 tries against you without reply, being gracious in victory is quite easy, BUT it was a good touch from the Odsal faithful.

The team needs some experience, some grit and some guile, without it WWR will simply struggle for the rest of the season. The squad, like all rugby sides, has had injury problems which I am afraid highlights the fact that the squad isn't good enough to compete at League 1 level.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net