rugbyunion
Latest News:

cast-Iron13
Oldham Roughyeds - ( Home ) SATURDAY 19th
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
14 May, 2018 17:16
When South Wales Ironmen lost at Merthy Tydfil,last July,12-70,the home side had a player from Halifax,Luke Nelmes,in the pack.

Nelmes has now signed for Oldham and is going very well for them.

They also have 2 Salford players on dual reg and a player from Wakefield at full back.

It may well be that our 17 will again be different as some signings are rumoured to be announced.

Oldham were relegated last year,but head coach Naylor must be one of the longest serving
coaches in the division as he took the post in 2012.

After the weekend results Oldham have moved into 4th place.

As luck will have it,that will mean West Wales Raiders have played the 1st,2nd,3rd and now 4th top side,in succession.

The referee appointment should be made tomorrow and so it should build up nicely for the game THIS SATURDAY.

Rogero
Re: Oldham Roughyeds - ( Home ) SATURDAY 19th
Rogero (IP Logged)
14 May, 2018 18:38
Looking forward to an excuse not to watch the royal wedding!

See you there all being well.

3pm kick off.

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 12:27
Quote:
Rogero
Looking forward to an excuse not to watch the royal wedding!
See you there all being well.

3pm kick off.

Ahem.That is the son of the Prince of Wales.

Anyway,this is now a double-header.

First game ko 11.30am is the new community club Llanelli Knights v Torfaen Tigers

Main game West Wales Raiders v Oldham Roughyeds has a 2.30pm ko

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
18 May, 2018 10:45
APOLOGIES

This remains a 3pm ko.

The opposition have informed everyone of their 19

Oldham Roughyeds Team News

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
18 May, 2018 21:26
Kick off is back to 3pm?

Blast..

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
19 May, 2018 09:56
Good luck to WWR today. I am not going to be able get down to Llanelli today, fingers crossed for a continuation of improved form.

UlsterFan
40:20 (IP Logged)
19 May, 2018 09:58
aye - let us hope that the match is closely fought.

jd1664.
jd1664. (IP Logged)
19 May, 2018 11:01
So improved form is a 50 point beating? I guess it is in the sequence they have had.

Skybet is +64 today.

Leaving for it soon, I suspect will be a bad outcome but anything beats THE wedding.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/05/2018 11:02 by jd1664..

UlsterFan
19 May, 2018 12:13
looking forward to an honest synopsis from you later.

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
19 May, 2018 16:32
WWR 0 v Oldham 74

I could not get down there so invested my entrance 10 on the handicap. even with 64 points start I still lost.

UlsterFan
21 May, 2018 07:09
what was the attendance on saturday?

jd1664.
jd1664. (IP Logged)
21 May, 2018 10:42
All weekend I struggled with a post, wrote several "in anger" and each time decided before pressing post message to think again.

In the end I decided that if I had nothing positive to say I would say nothing.

Nuff said!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 21/05/2018 13:44 by jd1664..

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
21 May, 2018 14:04
Quote:
40:20
what was the attendance on saturday?

424.Better than a couple of other League 1 clubs and proved the value of staging the Llanelli Knights game as the first of a double header.( A game I didn't watch as I was delayed viewing the Back Chat programme )

It wasn't the best performance,by us or the referee,so it was pleasing Rogero missed the game,and I hope the followers of the community club did likewise.

I think Saturday is to be the day the remainder of the home games are played - except perhaps the Newcastle Thunder match on 3rd June.

Perhaps the body clocks of the players didn't adjust to perform against a side that were in The Championship last year.

We got off to a bad start when Steve Parry,wanting to get on the front foot,passed along the line when it wasn't expected or anticipated,and the ball went into touch.

From the scrum - they scored.

Then a high kick was fumbled near our goal line.From the scrum - they scored.

To add insult to errors - they broke on the left.For some unknown reason,the referee ran towards the posts,and looked towards the posts,and failed to see the most forward of passes.Game over.

Apart from the most untidiest ruck area seen this season.

I think the Oldham coach,Naylor,a bit of a winner when playing for Bradford in their pomp,had a word with the referee at the end,about it.

I have seen,and heard,Naylor,having words with referees at half time,even when his side have been leading.He is a good coach.

Tough game at Hunslet,and rumours of some new blood being added to the squad should make competition for places in the future a welcome change for playing and coaching staff.

Keep the faith!

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
21 May, 2018 15:01
3rd June is the re-arranged date for the Newcastle Thunder match.

I'll update the fixture list.

UlsterFan
21 May, 2018 15:31
cast-iron thanks for your honest reporting and continued optimism, it is appreciated!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net