rugbyunion
Latest News:

cast-Iron13
Hunslet ( Away ) Sunday 27th May
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
24 May, 2018 15:21
We go into this game with Hunslet being the team of the week following their away win at Doncaster.

We do seem to play sides when they are on the crest of a wave,for a number of reasons.

It seems the right edge of their attacking play is particularly strong with right centre Nathan Chappel and back rower Straughier proving a good combination - no surprise as they played together at Sheffield Eagles when they were full time in The Championship.

Straughier is a bit of a penalty machine,as he tends/always lies on and interferes.

The game is mentioned,and another couple of interesting bits in this weeks

League 1 Radio Show

jd1664.
Re: Hunslet ( Away ) Sunday 27th May
jd1664. (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 14:45
Do they still play at the John Charles centre stadium? Been there a few times and itís a great (little) venue.

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 06:12
As a fan of grounds and their history / usage... I can confirm that Hunslet have played their since 1995. The ground is also used by Leeds United reserves. It is located to the south of Leeds city centre roughly on the border of Beeston, Belle Isle and Hunslet.

It is the principal athletics stadium in the Leeds area and is the home of Leeds City Athletics Club.

Now where's my anorak..?

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 08:06
Skybet are giving WWR a 62 point start in the handicap betting.

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 15:51
Result 86-0

sad smiley

UlsterFan
40:20 (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 21:13
The Raiders are at least helping re-write club records. The was Hunslet's record win it appears.

Two home games to come, one of which is a must win match.

jd1664.
jd1664. (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 06:23
I would imagine Hemel fans are probably saying the same thing.

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 22:00
Yes,these scorelines are getting a bit tedious.

Signs are much better,and in the month of June West Wales Raiders will be bustin' out all over,with 2 announcements that you just gotta hear....or read about.

As for the game at Hunslet,another poor start and an unforgiveable lapse of concentration after the hooter/siren sounded at the end of the first half.

We had a first half try which was somehow not allowed by the officials,after a discussion,when Danny Hunter kicked into the in-goal area,but it seems the officials considered our players had anticipated this unusual tactic,and penalised us for offside!

Bizarre.However the restarts by DH were varied and we forced a goal line drop out.2 according to the RLE,and we should see the start of some recognised players returning to the field starting this coming weekend.

It was just much better,although the defensive weaknesses and lapses of concentration/organisation/consultation were still there but with the amount of personnel changes it is only to be expected.

We need good performances on the pitch,in June,to accompany the announcements.

The last 2 officials performances have not been good.It wouldn't prevent the 2 points going to the winners of the game,but it is just a bit dispiriting when even opposition followers struggle to understand the decisions.

I thought Gary Thornton,the Hunslet coach,gave some sporting after match comments when he said,'' West Wales never rolled over;they were sticking at it towards the end,and we were forced to defend a lot in the first half.''

Try and catch a game in June.The building blocks are being put in place for the foundations for the future.

There is a very difficult away game at Keighley,in the middle of the month,but some tempting opposition at Stebonheath Park.

There is going to be some news and lots of people,and players,will @#$%& up their ears.

The future is about to start...

UlsterFan
40:20 (IP Logged)
29 May, 2018 12:00
interesting, very interesting.

any speculation fellow forum readers?

jd1664.
jd1664. (IP Logged)
29 May, 2018 12:35
I struggle to find anything good to say about an 80 point thrashing but I accept that cast-iron is a lot "closer to the process" than I so there may be something in the optimism.

I was "shot down" a few weeks ago for saying that the season was over before it started but if there is optimism from here then it would appear, as rogero pointed out, to be a mini league of the bottom three this year.

So be it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net