rugbyunion
Latest News:

Rogero
Cannot find any odds...
Rogero (IP Logged)
03 June, 2018 07:56
It is becoming increasingly difficult to find match odds for games in League One. What is particularly annoying is the fact that Betfred sponsor the league!!

I am therefore not able to comment on the handicap for the match at linchtime because I cannot find a bookmaker offering terms.

I am not sure what todays team is BUT good luck and here is hoping for an upturn in results.

Rogero
Re: Cannot find any odds...
Rogero (IP Logged)
03 June, 2018 08:07
I stand corrected BET365 have the odds, and have given the WWR a 52 point start in the handicap at 10/11.

They also offer odds against them winning 33/1 in a straight fight, whilst Newcastle are 1/500.

I am putting a fiver on the handicap and a quid on the straight win!

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
03 June, 2018 16:38
I give up!

With betting that is...

Penybont Crusader
Penybont Crusader (IP Logged)
03 June, 2018 21:24
Slightly bemused by post match comments that the first twenty showed we can compete at this level - its an eighty minute game. Also the Don't want to crticise the ref but decisions cost us the game'..........with a sixty point plus gap

Both new signings had no Wigan connection - ones ex All Golds the other ex England Students.

Biggest ever home points conceded.....

Hoping that corner we are about to turn is here or thereabouts...

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
04 June, 2018 06:55
The pleasing part of the weekend is that the Raiders scored 20 points, but the defensive is too easily broken down and PC is correct I cannot find the club in it's various guises conceding that many points at home before, so it certainly is a work in progress.

What is the relationship with Wigan - we are told it's not dual reg than read statements from the club saying the tie up with Wigan will bring in more players. I for one am confused!

The match against fellow strugglers Hemel next week is huge and surely a must win for WWR.

It will be very interesting to see how that one pans out and the team selected.

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
05 June, 2018 13:47
Quote:
Rogero
The pleasing part of the weekend is that the Raiders scored 20 points, but the defensive is too easily broken down and PC is correct I cannot find the club in it's various guises conceding that many points at home before, so it certainly is a work in progress.
What is the relationship with Wigan - we are told it's not dual reg than read statements from the club saying the tie up with Wigan will bring in more players. I for one am confused!

The match against fellow strugglers Hemel next week is huge and surely a must win for WWR.

It will be very interesting to see how that one pans out and the team selected.

On page 13 of this weeks Rugby League Express - Under the heading Raiders Rule Out Dual Reg Move - there is 11 paragraphs giving details about the link with Wigan - and coverage of the interview with CEO Peter Tiffin,on another page.

The chair/owner Andrew Thorne - in the final 2 paragraphs is quoted - ''...If it pans out as it should there may be some youngsters at Wigan who are not quite ready to step up
and need some experience so they'll come down here to study,or we'll find them employment in the area,and they'll be our players while they are developing.

Hopefully we'll see a trend of players going both ways rather than just heading to play rugby league in the north.''

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
05 June, 2018 16:43
Okay - I understand (I think!)

Penybont Crusader
Penybont Crusader (IP Logged)
05 June, 2018 20:36
If I'm reading this then there is no formal arrangement.

Nor is there any realistic chance of seeing any players venturing down here leaving friends and family behind to play for the lowest level of pro Rl side when they could get much more development playing for Wigan St Pats or similar and remain at home.

Or is there a substantative arrangement with Swansea Uni in place for scholarships OR is the club spending fairly sizeable amounts on accommodation for them whilst they work because they won't move if all the money they earn is spent on rent.

Not being negative but knowing this situation well then I can't see how the playing side will be strengthened this way.

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
05 June, 2018 22:28
Hopefully announcement two will clarify!!

The Hemel game is massive. Unfortunately I'll be in LLangollen, but fingers crossed...

jd1664.
jd1664. (IP Logged)
07 June, 2018 18:52
No odds as of this morning.

I suspect the bookies genuinely don't know how to call this one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2018 10:39 by jd1664..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net