rugbyunion
Latest News:

cast-Iron13
Re: Kim Williams - Rugby League Stuff
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
28 June, 2018 16:10
Building A Side - With Size

Off Field - And Into Community Matters

Sometimes,development coaches have problems dealing with the 'experienced mature players'

it seems the bloke who spear-tackled everyone last year/year before while at Catalans in now controlling himself and not spending time at the disciplinary hearings.Wait till you watch the video....shortly.

Coal Train On Straight And Narrow

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
28 June, 2018 16:18
We'll start here with a little video - in the report - where an overweight ( slightly )

Dave Taylor joins Kim Williams before setting off to join Toronto - where his indiscipline

meant he didn't play.

For those of us watching the opposition score a few tries the fact that Taylor reckons Kim Williams has his players defending to NRL levels - but not so much so with the 'wrestle'

is welcome news.

Dave Taylor Impressed

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
28 June, 2018 16:26
The Training Schedule Going Into A Season - with heavy laden coal train

Training

It's not just youngsters that he develops - or the discipline he seems to bring to the

ill-disciplined but he has improved someone I liked so they have got back to the NRL.

If you check on Matt Groat,a prop,you will find that Salford nearly signed him but he went to Doncaster who were probably in The Championship.

He recently returned to the NRL after being coached by Kim Williams

Matt Groat - He'd Enjoy Stebonheath Park

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
28 June, 2018 16:46
Preparing A Squad For The Season Ahead

When it comes to discipline off the field he seems to support the unlucky ones

Good Letter To The Court

and changes the culture - though one or two learn more slowly than others

Demon Alcohol Strikes Again

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
28 June, 2018 17:00
Here are some videos to watch - positioned under the first one.

Where I earlier stated that he reminded me of John Kear,apart from the tragedies,it is because he always wears club gear when being interviewed.

I hope the club - and Picton Sports - do a good job,before Kim Williams arrives.

Videos/Interviews

You'll like these videos.When he takes over at Capras and talks about immediate improvement.

Videos 2

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/06/2018 17:06 by cast-Iron13.

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
28 June, 2018 17:19
He is certainly one for rugby league players to gain qualifications outside of the sport

Other Careers

and the local rugby league club to integrate into the community

Press Conferences - Sponsor Communications

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
28 June, 2018 17:28
I like the description of 'career coach ' not too many about but I do know coaches who put their players above most other things;and take the time to do so.

Here is an old'ish interview - Interview While At Capras

He does seem to appreciate mental toughness and challenges.

I get the impression training may be going up a notch

Weekend Camp

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
28 June, 2018 17:42
The emphasis on defence gets another mention prior to this campaign for 2018.

Interesting comments about the pack

Bringing Local Talent Back - and the local leagues

I was interested in the coverage of the youngsters.Nice that it is done in the colour(s)

of the club - Scroll down to Purple - Commitment required

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
28 June, 2018 18:03
If a player misses training,even with a valid reason and permission,it seems they ain't

selected - Not Satisfied - So There Is Change

The News From Down Under Announcing He Was Leaving Earlier This Month

This write up suggests he is a 'proven recruiter.'Videos to watch under the main one

That's my lot.I can only wish him the very best of health,happiness and success once he arrives here.

I hope the media and press make it feel like Australia for him - and the crowds turn out.

Now,about the coaching for the remainder of this year.

Probably be mentioned on the game thread for Saturday.

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
29 June, 2018 08:32
Is there a summary of his career available?

I like lists of who he played for and when he played.
Trophies won

His record as a manager / coach etc.

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
29 June, 2018 11:01
Quote:
Rogero
Trophies won

That may not be so easy to find out given his playing career may have been before computerised records.

I'm guessing he was a half back.

Most people are judged solely on their last performance,hence the 'You are only as good as your last game'quote.

I'll give it a go - in the meantime,here is the latest interview,from Oz,

HERE

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
29 June, 2018 11:26
Quote:
Rogero
Trophies won

I may have to knock it on the head with regard to his playing career.

I think his record in coaching speaks for itself.

If there is any doubt,his prediction for success for a 15 yrs old,now playing for a side

2nd in the NRL ladder,slipped down while he was out injured,should prove beyong doubt that he knows what he is doing.

Read All About The Prophet In His Own Country - The 15 yrs Old Now At Rabbitohs

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
29 June, 2018 12:22
I didn't doubt for one minute he knows what he is doing, I am just interested in his RL history which seems to start at Melbourne Storm as performance manager before moving onto Mackay Cutters as head coach and then onto Central Queensland Capras.

It is a very positive appointment and I hope 2019 is significantly better than 2018 which hasn't done the club or the sport any good whatsoever.

My head for stats and details seems to show that Kim is a man manager and a motivator. Not all great managers were players and certainly not all great players make managers.

Onwards and most definitely upwards!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/06/2018 14:48 by Rogero.

UlsterFan
40:20 (IP Logged)
30 June, 2018 09:58
Whatever his credentials he has a tough task ahead of him.

Unfortunately as pointed out elsewhere it does look like 2018 has been written off, so another season of treading water.

Let's hope we can generate a couple of highs before September!!

Penybont Crusader
Penybont Crusader (IP Logged)
30 June, 2018 14:20
Kim Williams is at the same level of coaching as JOhn Dixon was when he came to S Wales in the QLd Cup.

If he makes half the impression John did as a coach and as a person then things will get measurably better.

What is nagging in my mind is why did the club not move in this direction earlier?

I can only imagine that Kim Williams isnt going to be a cheap option so there must be money there to spend on strengthening the rugby side of things so why were Jon Ellis and Phil C not given these funds ?

Or has additional significant investment come into the club ?

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
01 July, 2018 10:28
Quote:
Penybont Crusader
Kim Williams is at the same level of coaching as JOhn Dixon was when he came to S Wales in the QLd Cup.
If he makes half the impression John did as a coach and as a person then things will get measurably better.

What is nagging in my mind is why did the club not move in this direction earlier?

I can only imagine that Kim Williams isnt going to be a cheap option so there must be money there to spend on strengthening the rugby side of things so why were Jon Ellis and Phil C not given these funds ?

Or has additional significant investment come into the club ?

It may be that with 2 coaches leaving from the start of the season,that will free-up some money for Kim Williams.

I was more surprised that the online programme for the game yesterday stated more player signings to be made.

It will be interesting if these signings are Kim Williams suggested,or to help out squad numbers with the current injury problems/or players representing their country.

I need an injection of positivity so I'll take anything with 2 difficult away games coming up.

Penybont Crusader
01 July, 2018 11:10
I cannot imagine that between Jon and Phil on what were probably part time salaries surely in the case of Phil, that this would be enough to tempt Kim Williams, not provide enough finance to bring in quality experienced Australians.

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
01 July, 2018 20:08
Quote:
Penybont Crusader
I cannot imagine that between Jon and Phil on what were probably part time salaries surely in the case of Phil, that this would be enough to tempt Kim Williams, not provide enough finance to bring in quality experienced Australians.

It would be interesting to find out how many players have been used throughout 2018,including the 2 pre-season games.

I seem to recall 35 listed before the first scheduled games.The squad has been added to since then.Some have left - some injured - some gone.

Less players for next season,who are more committed,should also free up some money.

Sponsorship,generating own money,after the discussion about tv deals and general funding,
seem to be the topic(s) of the day.

When some critics wanted the club to whither on the vine after some blowout scores it has been a great statement of intent from the club.

Simultaneously,with the financial issues of 3 clubs,with certainly more to come before 2019,in the heartlands,it was a wonderful statement.

I think the only thing missing was the length of contract for Kim Williams.

The good off-field news will hopefully divert attention from the results,this far,on it.

Penybont Crusader
01 July, 2018 21:35
These players would have been on game by game salaries surely ?

At this level contracts without playing are reserved for quality players who can command deals on reduced payments if not playing in games.

Also your post infers that players have not been committed and a smaller squad when the club have been unable to make its mark with the larger one it has...

jd1664.
jd1664. (IP Logged)
02 July, 2018 10:58
Am I alone in wondering what on Earth persuaded him to travel to the opposite side of the planet to manage what has been demonstrably the worst performing franchise in “pro” RL these last 5 years or so?

Penybont Crusader
02 July, 2018 13:09
Leaving his last post he said he wanted to do some travelling.

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
02 July, 2018 15:47
Quote:
Penybont Crusader
These players would have been on game by game salaries surely ?
At this level contracts without playing are reserved for quality players who can command deals on reduced payments if not playing in games.

Also your post infers that players have not been committed and a smaller squad when the club have been unable to make its mark with the larger one it has...

My error.Not committed was written BUT I meant were not other wise committed to work committments.

Ergo,able to commit more to the travelling and playing on a regular basis.

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
02 July, 2018 17:52
Whatever happens Cast-iron will see the positives! Brilliant stuff. Nobody does it better, a great addition to the forum.

In my opinion Kim Williams will stand or fall by results - this season has been a complete shambles on the pitch so anything in 2019 will be an improvement.

We lost by 50 points to London Skolars and nobody seems bothered - which sums up the whole thing really, the club are at the lowest ebb results wise than they have ever been.

jd1664.
jd1664. (IP Logged)
02 July, 2018 19:41
Good point about apparent lack of care. Doing nothing for the casual fans and hope there is still something for new coach to come to.

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
02 July, 2018 20:58
I care and so do all those on here, and I really do value Cast-iron's contributions - he finds stuff and helps keep this old place buzzing.

But what a place to build from for 2019...

jd1664.
jd1664. (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 07:48
I didn’t mean those on here don’t care. Their very continued existence means someone cares.

UlsterFan
40:20 (IP Logged)
04 July, 2018 08:06
too right jd - but all of us need to the boost of a decent result or two

we haven't come close to winning any game this season, and will be looking at our 20th consecutive defeat at Oldham on Saturday.

if Kim Williams is the messiah his arrival cannot come soon enough!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net