rugbyunion
Latest News:

cast-Iron13
Doncaster Away Sunday - Played at Featherstone
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
10 July, 2018 11:45
Just when I thought I couldn't feel any worse.

Just before some dental surgery,early on Friday morning

I now learn that the referee for the game on Sunday will be he who refereed the record breaking defeat at York.

Mr Brandon Robinson now has the chance to see a West Wales Raiders side completely transformed,with a different set of faces,put in a different performance,play with confidence,win every inch,fight for their teammate(s).

He's in for a shock!

From zero to hero! Now is the time!

Rogero
Re: Doncaster Away Sunday - Played at Featherstone
Rogero (IP Logged)
11 July, 2018 16:51
"Mr Brandon Robinson now has the chance to see a West Wales Raiders side completely transformed,with a different set of faces,put in a different performance,play with confidence,win every inch,fight for their teammate(s)"

Nothing like a stroke of confidence!

I'm looking forward to this.....

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
12 July, 2018 13:42
Quote:
Rogero
"Mr Brandon Robinson now has the chance to see a West Wales Raiders side completely transformed,with a different set of faces,put in a different performance,play with confidence,win every inch,fight for their teammate(s)"
Nothing like a stroke of confidence!

I'm looking forward to this.....

Well,I'm working on the theory that it is NOT a home game for Doncaster,they may NOT have all the usual number of Hull FC dual reg players,some of their players may have negotiated moves for next season and our players want to impress the incoming head coach.

I usually know within a few minutes whether or not the theory is working in practice...

The weather should be nice,for certain,and the early kick off may play in our favour...

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
13 July, 2018 13:50
The RFL site only shows 18 West Wales Players Named For Doncaster Clash

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/07/2018 13:51 by cast-Iron13.

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
13 July, 2018 17:41
Are players injured, not making themselves available or have they left?

Some names just don't ever appear.

UlsterFan
40:20 (IP Logged)
15 July, 2018 13:30
42-6 down at halftime

Penybont Crusader
Penybont Crusader (IP Logged)
15 July, 2018 14:31
Did I miss the news about two new signings this week ?

Penybont Crusader
15 July, 2018 14:35
102 - 6 loss.

UlsterFan
15 July, 2018 15:29
The pain and agony continues, the only thing is we are giving all the other teams an equal chance of improving their "points for" column and points difference.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/07/2018 15:37 by 40:20.

UlsterFan
15 July, 2018 15:40
Is that four times this season WWR have conceded 100 or more points in a match?

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
15 July, 2018 15:58
In the history of professional RL I don't think any team will have had two consecutive matches ending 102 v 6.

The learning curve is steep indeed but the club surely knew what was facing them twelve months ago? My concern is what effect this is having at all levels, or will Kim Williams and the 2019 era consign this to the history books.

This year WWR have played 17 competetive matches scoring a total of 112 points whilst conceding 1,424. The average result for WWR is 84 - 7 (rounding up).

The lads pulling on the shirts deserve credit and thanks for all their efforts but it is apparent that the league is too strong for the squad without significant changes and an influx of new players.

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
15 July, 2018 17:55
No news of the promised new signings that I could see...

Penybont Crusader
15 July, 2018 19:04
Wasnt sure but didnt think so...

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
16 July, 2018 22:39
Sorry all,

Those 2 signings have not been announced but there is another suggestion that more signings are to be announced,so perhaps they will all come out together.

We did not have a full 17 players available for Sunday.

The main points scorers for Doncaster were 2 dual reg players Liam Harris and Jez Litten

who are Hull FC players.

We actually didn't concede so early this time,and initially defended quite well.Once the first try was scored,the floodgates opened.

There are times when my half full glass seems to get taken from the table and smashed on the floor.

From those shards of glass there is even more crushing until the glass becomes a fine
dust which is then used to spike my next drink and make me feel particularly unwell and become very ill.

However,I do recover to fight another day.

I was reminded,during Sundays performance,of when England were coached by Tony Smith,on tour in Australia,and it became apparent that the st Helens players and Leeds players never mingled off the field and the on-field performances suffered.

Now I don't for one moment think the former All Golds players don't mingle with the young Welsh lads,but perhaps the 18/19/20 yrs old players from Wales do not benefit from too much contact with the older more experienced players.Certainly a job on for former All gold,Welsh lad,and good fella Steve Parry to attempt to put right.

Bigger problem next year if the younger lads go to Universities in England,cannot get to training so won't be playing.

Problem now if anyone is below par etc. there is no one to replace him/them.

Biggest upset,and concern for me,was the injury to my player of the year,Archie Snook.

I hope he makes a full recovery and personally I think he should be rested for the remainder of the season.

That's it really.The interim coaching staff have to keep going until the end of the season but the possibility that is that the best of the season could very well still be to come.

The next pre-season has to involve bonding sessions and games to get the combinations in place and working.

An update from the club on the injuries and likely times of return would be welcome.It won't make any difference to the opposition.

Good news on Archie Snook would make me feel much better.

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
17 July, 2018 06:34
Thanks CastIron13 without your updates the news coming out of Llanelli would be restricted to sycophantic posts and "keep the faith" type stuff on social media. The club website is updated so infrequently and has so few articles on it that it renders itself more of a nuisance than a source of info. Your input, enthusiasm and "stickability" are to be applauded and have kept the forum very much alive.

I find it hard to work out why a professional club have once again failed to take a full squad to a league match, are the RFL not concerned about this especially given the hard work the players face each game. It is in tough games when the interchanges are vital?

Best wishes to all the battered and bruised players and I echo your sentiments re Archie Snook.

2018 is proving to be the toughest in the history of the Scorpions/Ironmen/Raiders - my hope is that is darkest before dawn and Kim Williams really is the messiah type figure for 2019...

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
17 July, 2018 16:48
A match report that appears reasonable HERE

As I support the players I won't name names but I was confused/annoyed by a couple of things - a couple from a whole lot more.

One was where we formed a scrum on our own 40 as Doncaste had the ball,and the feed.One of our props changed position with a second rower and of course,as the ball came out they went through the gap where the more mobile second rower should have been.They score.

The worst one was a Doncaster scrum on our 30.Our full back joins the scrum in the loose forward position? Why? Our experienced defender who should be marshalling the defence is in the scrum.The ball is out and they are putting it down as the full back emerges from the scrum.

Now I can understand if we were on their 30.If we were in their half and the full back joins the scrum.Quicker more accurate passing.Pace.Link up play but never in the scrum when defending our own 30.

I do recall Salford when Sean Long was attacking coach - the club was short of money and the pack was not the best - JJ Jordan James the Welsh forward was one of the team and the pack made little yardage and the defence was under pressure.

Sean Long worked on attacking plans starting in the Salford own 20/30 metres area and predominantly involved full back Patton and half back Holdsworth.

When it was a Salford scrum Patton joined in the loose forward position.He broke away and linked up with Holdsworth.

I was once told by a reliable source that Holdsworth,as a youngster,could sit in a seat,in a gymnasium,and pass the ball 40 metres,left and right,and hit a dartboard on both sides.I personally don't think that is possible,now that I think about it.But it presents a lovely image of someone striving to be the best possible.

Oh well,roll on Saturday.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net