rugbyunion
Latest News:

Penybont Crusader
Corner turned
Penybont Crusader (IP Logged)
29 July, 2018 15:48
30 - 22 loss vs Hemel - close but no cigar...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/07/2018 15:49 by Penybont Crusader.

Rogero
Re: Corner turned
Rogero (IP Logged)
29 July, 2018 17:50
I am trying to take the positives out of a week in which we lost to the other two weakest teams in the division. Today was closer than the bookmakers thought and certainly is the best result of the season, however the results leave us with no points and four points behind Hemel. BUT it must have been worth watching and surely the players tried to make amends for Wednesday evening.

Thoughts awaited from those who went...

UlsterFan
40:20 (IP Logged)
29 July, 2018 17:58
Always nice to beat the bookies, and not too far away from a genuine result!

Onwards and upwards.

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
31 July, 2018 22:55
Quote:
Rogero
I am trying to take the positives out of a week in which we lost to the other two weakest teams in the division. Today was closer than the bookmakers thought and certainly is the best result of the season, however the results leave us with no points and four points behind Hemel. BUT it must have been worth watching and surely the players tried to make amends for Wednesday evening.
Thoughts awaited from those who went...

Awful weather.Awful pitch - the skinniest and shortest.Two poor sides.Hemel were much better when they won at Stebonheath.

Let us not forget that the Hemel side travel form Yorkshire,on a coach,on the day of the game.

We are not a team.The try scored at Coventry was an individual effort and the tries scored in this game really came about after good individual work but there is little cohesion.

Defence requires heart and desire and complete to compete as the coaches say.We don't do enough of it and one man rugby is not going to win games over 80 minutes.

Very difficult with everything the club has had to endure but the 3 home games - Hunslet,York and Coventry are against sides full of confidence.

The referee for the Hunslet game is Andy Sweet.We had him for the large scoreline at Bradford in the League 1 game.He became even more infamous for the 'Drop goal that wasn't' at North Wales Crusaders a few weeks ago.

My belief in the side will be back for Saturday.

After my support for Archie Snook throughout this season I agree wholeheartedly with the nomination by the Hemel reporter in the RLE that another young Welshman was Man of the Match - Rowland Kaye.The young,reliable,willing Welsh lads really have done well throughout this annus horribilis

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
02 August, 2018 22:20
Fingers crossed.

It may get bumpy....

before it gets smoother.

jd1664.
jd1664. (IP Logged)
03 August, 2018 11:09
Nice piece CI, well said

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net