rugbyunion
Latest News:

cast-Iron13
Little Changes?
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
26 August, 2018 17:22
As I have been otherwise engaged for a few days,I have been surprised that there has not been any input on the forum.

Just before I left I noticed something on RLFans which was incorrect,so I corrected it.

It reminded me that when our new club tested things with a toe in the water,for League 1,it found a tsunami of things going wrong.

One of those things was the kit supplier failing to deliver and a last minute chase around.

after correcting the error,I just happened to be having a glimpse of a website for the kit supplier,and it could just be that the club are ahead of the game.

After the loose fitting shirt/jersey/jumper of this campaign,we may be going for the tight fit garment.( As per the other clubs,and which accentuate the figure/fitness )

If this turns out to be the shirt for 2019,then I feel a bit more positive,already.

I'm far from certain,of course,but something to think about,certainly.

Improvement(s) Started?

A little change for the better...

Rogero
Re: Little Changes?
Rogero (IP Logged)
27 August, 2018 08:14
Cheers for the latest thoughts, and yes this message board always goes quiet between matches.

I prefer traditional looking shirts myself but I live in the dark ages!

Anything which helps the 2019 players feel better and perform better than this year has to be considered.

I am still thinking about the great win by Catalan in the Cup Final on Saturday - a huge boost for the game in my opinion.

Back to mundane matters, can anybody see WWR getting a result at Wrexham?

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
28 August, 2018 15:15
Do you mean the old cotton shirt with the proper embroidered badge? Can't say I disagree,really.They could do both old and new type shirts - if they knew they could sell.

12 years since Catalans were admitted to Super League until they won the Challenge Cup.

Just 11 years to wait for West Wales Raiders,perhaps.

Double header lined up for Sunday.Can we defeat North Wales after a 60-0 defeat at their place in a pre-season game - since when both head coaches at both clubs have left.

Then a 6-54 defeat at home.

Need some improvement and the referee is the chap who was in the middle when York City Knight completed their 100 points + double over us at Stebonheath Park.

I actually thought the referee got a number of decisions wrong in that game,during heavy rain,and gave the home side absolutely nothing - though I do try to ignore refereeing performances and seek perfection from our players.

Anyway,I now discover this on the twitter account of the referee and hereby remove any earlier criticism - Michael Mannifield
‏

@manni_rl
Aug 11
More
Forget the result today between @WWRaidersRL v @YorkKnightsRLFC and remember that 13 lads put a shirt on, dug in and gave it a good go in a match they knew they’d prob lose. That takes heart and big respect to those 13 lads for turning up and for sticking together.

Let's hope they impress the officials again - and be on the end of a far more uplifting scoreline.

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
31 August, 2018 09:00
The chairman of West Wales Raiders has been interviewed on the Betfred LEAGUE 1 Show

There is also an Under 16's Wales v England game at Stebonheath Park ko 1pm tomorrow

Last Interview On The Show

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net