rugbyunion
Latest News:

Rogero
Sporting viewpoints..
Rogero (IP Logged)
04 September, 2018 07:33
"The Bluebirds go into the upcoming international break with a very respectable two draws and two defeats from their opening four Premier League fixtures."

This quote from Cardiff City's own website shows how differently things can be viewed. Two points from 12 and it is very respectable!? On that form they will finish with 18 points...

But it is all about what colour glasses you are wearing.

Bring on the Bradford Bulls

jd1664.
Re: Sporting viewpoints..
jd1664. (IP Logged)
05 September, 2018 16:22
Whilst taking your point I suspect the Scorironiers would tear your hand off to have 2 points from the last four seasons let alone the last four games.

CCFC were at least semi competitive against the Gooners and with the upcoming fixtures it's going to look worse before it looks better but right now I am tempted to put a few quid on them staying up.

jd1664.
jd1664. (IP Logged)
05 September, 2018 16:37
So thinking in real time, Ladbrokes have CCFC at a miserable 2-1 to stay up and 4-11 to go down and frankly neither is worth the price of a stamp.

What they do have is 50-1 on CCFC to win the league on a +50 handicap and I quite fancy that. Bearing in mind, unless MCFC run away with it again, the league is won recently with 85-90 points then it strikes me that this is effectively 50-1 to stay up with 35-40 points - historically the range of "stay up" totals.

I suppose the two outcomes that kill you are a runaway winner - come on MUFC and I never thought you would hear me say that - or CCFC imploding as they rather did last time around once it was obvious they were doomed.

Watch this space......

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
05 September, 2018 19:13
Handicap League Betting is not as straight forward as it first appears...

Handicap league betting spans the whole season of a competition. The team judged to be the favourite to win the league starts with a handicap of 0 or Scratch (scr). Every other team in the league is given virtual head starts over them with an equivalent handicap points score (+4, +7, +10, +14 etc.) The "weaker" the team is deemed, the greater handicap they go on to receive.

At the end of the season, all the teams' handicap scores are added to their actual points total - NOT just to the individual team selected. The team with the most points is then deemed the winner of the market. Each-way places are then determined by the teams finishing 2nd, 3rd etc. Dead heat rules will apply if more than one team ties for a place..

UlsterFan
40:20 (IP Logged)
05 September, 2018 19:15
So other teams could out perform CCFC on their handicap.

I see..

jd1664.
jd1664. (IP Logged)
05 September, 2018 20:29
That is good spot Rogero, thank you. You should work for a bookie.

I had assumed, wrongly, that each handicap was taken in isolation but the contrary makes, I suppose, more sense, since it is a competition of 20 teams and not a competition of two teams that one normally bets on.

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
09 September, 2018 11:16
Cheers JD!

I am going to Stebonheath today..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net