rugbyunion
Latest News:

Rogero
0-104 - thoughts from the terrace.
Rogero (IP Logged)
09 September, 2018 18:20
I have just got back from Stebonheath.

Outclassed in all departments and another comprehensive defeat. The only plus point being that the players NEVER gave in and their heads did not drop, but the squad are simply not good enough to compete at this level. This was another record scoreline - Bradford's biggest EVER away win. The list of records being broken in 2018 is getting longer and longer.

I have lost count of the number of times WWR have conceded 100 points this season and also been "nilled", whilst I like the small band of fans feel for the players, it cannot be good for the game of RL n the long run. 2019 has to be so much better otherwise I fear the worst.

The crowd today was swelled by Bulls fans - if they had not been there I think the crowd would have been about 75. It was a 110 mile round trip for me, so not exactly a local match but people of Llanelli are not swelling the terraces / seats.

Once again - well done to the players who pulled on the shirts, no criticism whatsoever for your efforts but the club need to change things for next season asap.

UlsterFan
Re: 0-104 - thoughts from the terrace.
40:20 (IP Logged)
09 September, 2018 18:28
i think you will find WWR have conceded 100 points or more six times this season and have failed to score (ie been "nilled") on eight occasions

ho hum

lewj
lewj (IP Logged)
09 September, 2018 19:44
It is beyond poor.

The RFL have to be having a word too at some stage if they haven't already.

What are they seeing in return for their central funding? Currently it is the worst team to play at this level and by some distance too. That cannot continue and is bad for RL and in particular Welsh RL.

Absolute laughing stock.

Oh but the pitch is tip top.....

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
09 September, 2018 20:56
I was dreading the game all week - after the performance at Wrexham.

Given previous scorelines,against sides without prior Super League experience,or on dual reg,then any other scoreline against a hybrid full time/part time side was not to be expected.

We sustained yet another injury,so we will be down on available players for next week.

The last previous record away win for Bradford was at the old Wilderspool stadium,Warrington,who were wanting a new stadium and had a former winning coach and a side full of experience during the year,2001.

They even had half back Alfie Langer that year - but he didn't play in the defeat.

I think the plan(s) to give the llanelli public some information,and accompanying 'events' to run alongside a home fixture,was abandoned for 2018,following the poor start.

Much more community work will be undertaken,I'm sure,before and during the next campaign.

It has been a killer of a season but I did learn of the pre-season games which are hoped to be confirmed.

Also,some new signings for the next season,and some possible re-signings.

So I managed to lift my spirits despite the loss.

Only 2 more games to go - and still the possibility of a win - against 2 sides with limited Super League experience in their ranks.

I think next year may be as good - to the same level as this year has been atrociously bad.

Some of our regular 18/19/20 yrs olds have been a credit to themselves,their families and coaches,with how well they have done as individuals in the most testing of circumstances.

We did miss Steve Parry today - but the nonsense of trying to score from dummy half when close to the opposition line has to stop.It just don't work every time.

I shall end on a pleasing/enthralling/wondrously wonderful thought - In 2019 we will have 2 recognised half backs playing for us - from whom our youngsters can learn and develop.

Thanks for attending,Rogero.

The next time you may be able to enjoy a home win.

Penybont Crusader
Penybont Crusader (IP Logged)
10 September, 2018 20:10
Quote:
cast-Iron13
I was dreading the game all week - after the performance at Wrexham.

I shall end on a pleasing/enthralling/wondrously wonderful thought - In 2019 we will have 2 recognised half backs playing for us - from whom our youngsters can learn and develop.

Thank God Kim Williams is bringing some players with him to do this.

Positive signs for next season.

jd1664.
jd1664. (IP Logged)
10 September, 2018 23:54
This time next year we will be millionaires!!!! - Delboy

OK, it's a bit tongue in cheek but I suspect if you go back to a thread in Sept 2017, Sept 2016 and Sept 2015, etc, you will find similar, if less eloquent predictions, of a better season to follow. Just hope you are right CI.

For what it's worth , the Browns got a draw yesterday, their first "point" since December 2016 and prior to that they were (within context) about as hapless as the Raiders so maybe it could be new season new record. Miracles do happen!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2018 23:59 by jd1664..

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
11 September, 2018 07:15
Cleveland Browns -(Sm105)

UlsterFan
40:20 (IP Logged)
11 September, 2018 07:28
Interesting to note that whilst the Browns had a 0-16 season in 2017 they did score in every game and many were very close indeed.

Not that Cleveland are my team or anything... LOL

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
11 September, 2018 16:52
The crowd has been announced as 826?

I was there and would be amazed if half that figure were actually in the ground.

Or have I missed something?

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
12 September, 2018 14:23
I have been pondering this all day.

The main stand has 700 seats (it was less than half full) and there are 300 seats on the open side (no more than 75 in here).

Where on earth did 400+ people go?

jd1664.
jd1664. (IP Logged)
12 September, 2018 17:04
Perhaps they included the Raiders reserves in the total?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net