rugbyunion
Latest News:

Rogero
Kim Williams' interview...
Rogero (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 12:57
I have taken this from the club's facebook page for those supporters and forum readers who don't use social media.

We catch up with Raiders new head coach for next season Kim Williams.

WWR - “Now that your here I know your keen to get stuck in so we might as well start with the obvious one. It’s no secret that on the field raiders have struggled this season. From what you have seen what do you think has been the biggest factor and what’s your priority to start resolving these issues.”

KW - “The biggest factor I can identify is the lack of commitment shown to training and this has also been evident on game days. A lot of players travel reasonable distances to get to training and it seems it has been too easy for players to find excuses not to attend. The standards within the club and the expectations of attendance and commitment from players need to be raised significantly for us to succeed. As a club we need to be accountable for this by providing a professional training environment where players are engaged and are continually learning. We have outstanding facilities at the club and as Head Coach I will ensure that our training program is also of the highest standard. My aim is to create an environment where players look forward to training and have to compete for their spot in the top 17 every week.”

WWR - “We know you have been actively recruiting since you put pen to paper, if you get the players your after is there still room for welsh players in your side and if not why.”

KW - “My recruitment strategy has 2 focal points — recruiting some high quality players from outside the region to bolster the squad as well as targeting Welsh players who may have left the area previously for different reasons. There are some very good players I have spoken to about returning to West Wales and I would love to see them pull on a Raiders jersey in 2019 and beyond. I am also taking a longer term view and there will be opportunities for our younger players in the 17-19 age bracket to train and develop within the top squad. They are our 1st Graders of the future and we need to start working with them now.”

WWR - “Another factor that possibly needs to be looked at is the link between the professional club and the community teams. Have you got any plans to help develop the relationship and help raise the profile of the community game.”

KW - “I strongly believe that the relationship between the Professional club and the local Community Clubs is essential for our sport to move forward. Developing this relationship has been a priority at my previous clubs and will definitely be a priority now I’m here with the Raiders. There are mutual benefits for all parties when we can work together with an open and honest approach. Key areas such as Coach Education and Player Development will benefit the Community Clubs and there is also the opportunity for players and coaches to further their rugby league careers through the Raiders’ system. I am also very passionate about engaging in the local community and my players will also be expected to do the same. I would like the Raiders to be much more active in the community and this will ultimately help to raise the profile of our club and the sport throughout our region.”

WWR - “The raiders seem to have a plan and you are part of that plan now. Have you seen the full plan and is there anything you feel you would like to change or add to.”

KW - “One of the first things I asked to see before I considered signing for the Raiders was their strategic plan for the next 3-5 years. The areas I was particularly impressed with was the clubs’ desire to strengthen their links with the local schools, colleges and University and further establish their Academy programs. I have come from a strong Development background and I believe that creating this clear pathway for local players is vital for the clubs’ sustainability. I have a lot of experience in establishing and strengthening pathways within rugby league and I feel as though I can help to guide the club to achieve its future goals.”

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net