rugbyunion
Latest News:

South Wales RL
History of the club
South Wales RL (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 16:36
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

jd1664.
Re: History of the club
jd1664. (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 12:52
A nice summary. It needed saying before the earlier years are air brushed out of history.

jd1664.
jd1664. (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 14:20
If I had an issue with your article, it's that the accompanying photo seems to be of a Scorpion taking a conversion. That's been a pretty rare sight in the last couple of seasons........

How old is that?

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 15:41
It is v York 8th March 2015.

We lost 4-20 to York in the Challenge Cup. So the conversion kick was missed...

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 15:43
It really brasses me off that the history of the club has been forgotten about.

jd1664.
jd1664. (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 16:31
Quote:
Rogero

If this were facebook I could have just ticked "like" but will have to settle for an Agreed.

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 19:35
Quote:
Rogero

Some would argue/suggest,that West Wales Raiders is a brand new club and not a follow on of the previous clubs.

A bit like when a rugby league club goes into administration and a new one starts.

Just because it plays at the same stadium and has the same name as the city,it is a new club.

Should it still be linked with the previous history of success?

I refer to Glasgow Rangers,in soccer,and Bradford Bulls,Leigh Centurions,and others,in our sport.

jd1664.
jd1664. (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 20:31
It must be a successor club or it would not have (a) taken over mid season or (b) has the Scorpions places without a lot more due diligence

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 18:26
Quote:
jd1664.
It must be a successor club or it would not have (a) taken over mid season or (b) has the Scorpions places without a lot more due diligence

Yea.I don't know what has gone on,obviously,but - if West Wales Raiders had lodged an interest in joining League 1 at some stage in the future,say,and then the RFL approached them and stated Ironmen were in trouble.If you help them fulfil their fixtures you can join League 1 earlier than planned by replacing them - that may have been what happened.

In the meantime,players who the club thought may have joined them - went off elsewhere.

Whatever,it's done now and the past can't be changed.

jd1664.
jd1664. (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 19:15
My "take" last year was that the Ironmen moved to West Wales to complete the season (as Ironmen) and were to be rebadged (a la Scorpions to Ironmen) for 2018. Ergo we were, IMHO, persuaded that it was one big continuation.

I think you have to see it that way, though maybe it was a convenient fiction for the suits at RL HQ, for without that continuity and therefore the "right" to a place in League 1 then there should surely have been better due diligence on WWR's state of readiness.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2018 21:31 by jd1664..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net