rugbyunion
Latest News:

Penybont Crusader
The end of new signings ?
Penybont Crusader (IP Logged)
29 October, 2018 10:38
After the wave of new faces have we seen the last of them for this season ?

Only asking as the last signing was someone from the open trial and theres been nothing since.

I appreciate the staff have been busy with other things but with pre-season imminent a few more new faces would be gratefully received alongside the re-signings and the other new players.

cast-Iron13
Re: The end of new signings ?
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
29 October, 2018 15:47
It's a bit frustrating but I think there is a lot of time to fill in.

I feel there may be rule changes - I think the League 1 season may start a little later than usual - I think the fixtures may be released a little later than usual.

The club will have to release the leisurewear and replica kit information - season ticket information - season launch information.

The governing body refuse to reveal information until World Cups end - so the same principle will apply to the current international games.

I'm just guessing but I think a little information will be given out mid to late November.

A bit more early December and then January and February.

Our club also needs to reveal pre-season games.

The entire sport is up in the air.

I'm the quickest one to want to know everything.

It's great to know I have a kindred spirit,Pennybont.

This months Rugby League World magazine has an interview with Kim Williams.( I cannot get my hands on one until the weekend )

I'm hoping Steve Parry and Morgan Evans are with us next year - but they are currently with the national squad.

Leigh Centurions,in The Championship,have neither a coach nor players signed up.

Keighley have only just signed 3 players.

We are slightly ahead of the curve.

An announcement of any kind this week would keep things ticking over.

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
29 October, 2018 17:55
Cheers CI!

Interesting times ahead indeed.

Leigh's fall is unbelievable and worrying for all clubs climbing the ladder.

On an unconnected note the Eng v NZ match was excellent entertainment. But why are they playing the next two matches at huge football stadiums? Surely better to fill a 20,000 RL ground than have tens of thousands of empty seats?

The RFL eh?

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
30 October, 2018 20:03
Quote:
Rogero
Cheers CI!
Interesting times ahead indeed.

Leigh's fall is unbelievable and worrying for all clubs climbing the ladder.

On an unconnected note the Eng v NZ match was excellent entertainment. But why are they playing the next two matches at huge football stadiums? Surely better to fill a 20,000 RL ground than have tens of thousands of empty seats?

The RFL eh?

I think the blame for the game being at Liverpool will be down to the chairman of the RFL

Mr Barwick is a Liverpool FC supporter.

Press Report

jarrad
jarrad (IP Logged)
31 October, 2018 08:13
Pre season started last night I tweeted some pictures and Thursday I will be doing an interview with Kim and a player great numbers training we had 26 there. Our new strength and conditioning coach is over from Australia and the hard work starts now. We are waiting on the import players to arrive they will be here over the next few weeks, Mikael Sabour was there last night along with Lewis Reece and Ashley Bateman. Signing will be announced later on and plenty of more news. But as a whole things are looking very good.

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
31 October, 2018 09:55
Cheers,Jarrad.

Good stuff.

Penybont Crusader
31 October, 2018 13:41
Glad to hear there was 26 players there as when I saw the pictures tweeted by the club the most I counted was about a dozen and was a bit concerned..

Great to hear things have started well and look forward to news later.

jarrad
jarrad (IP Logged)
31 October, 2018 15:22
I took the photos and the players was split into 2 groups forwards and backs doing different stuff that's why you wouldn't have seen 26 players in a single photo.

Penybont Crusader
31 October, 2018 19:37
Thanks Jarrad if thats the level of numbers then things should go well. Which other players were training ?

jarrad
jarrad (IP Logged)
31 October, 2018 20:00
Can't say sorry.

Penybont Crusader
01 November, 2018 12:02
Can't say ?(Sm141)

Why's that Jarrad ?

Or is it that they are all new players and you dont know their names yet ?(Sm105)

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
01 November, 2018 14:22
In the 1970's we had Union players going north and training under A N Other names!

Those days are long gone surely?

Penybont Crusader
01 November, 2018 14:42
The new arrival of the S and C team is to be welcomed.

Penybont Crusader
01 November, 2018 17:21
And the short interview with Kim Williams too.

I'm guessing that some players may be RU players still in season and their clubs may not be happy with them training with RL or they are players who have yet to commit to the club formally.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net