rugbyunion
Latest News:

South Wales RL
2019 West Wales Raiders fixtures
South Wales RL (IP Logged)
26 November, 2018 11:45
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

UlsterFan
Re: 2019 West Wales Raiders fixtures
40:20 (IP Logged)
27 November, 2018 07:20
It looks like WWR have once again opted for home games to be played on Saturday afternoons.

Any thoughts on this?

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
27 November, 2018 10:41
Quote:
40:20
It looks like WWR have once again opted for home games to be played on Saturday afternoons.
Any thoughts on this?

I really struggle with it.My body clock is tuned -in to a Sunday.

I'll have to get used to it.

I notice Scarlets play some of their union games on a Saturday.

With playing the games during the soccer season I guess Eddie and the groundstaff - or just Eddie - get into the habit and lifestyle of preparing the pitch for a Saturday.

The hospitality users are probably in the habit of going to sport in Llanelli on a Saturday and enjoying the Sundays with their families.As they are a vital source of income
I can see the logic for the club to keep playing on a Saturday.

If it suits the players I will just have to learn the art of enjoying winning a day earlier.

It will be an entirely new experience....(Sm128)

UlsterFan
27 November, 2018 15:00
It didn't work well in 2018!!

BUT let's look forward and embrace the good things that seem to be happening.

The squad announcements have gone quiet, what is happening with players such as Connor Farrer etc?

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
28 November, 2018 12:13
Quote:
It didn't work well in 2018!!
BUT let's look forward and embrace the good things that seem to be happening.

The squad announcements have gone quiet, what is happening with players such as Connor Farrer etc?

I think Connor has taken a lot of knocks and didn't seem to return after his last concussion.

It will be interesting to see if his enthusiasm returns.

On the rumours front - I am quite surprised by this - a well-used rugby league website reckons we have wanted out of the 1895 Cup.

Is It True?

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
29 November, 2018 09:37
I am unhappy with the club decide to pull out of a tournament, which offers not only the chance of playing at Wembley but also valuable first team practice. Heaven knows recent seasons have highlighted that there is no substitute for match day game time. In the past I recall we have opted out of cups and then blamed lack of matches on poor results.

It would be interesting to hear 1) if it is true and 2) why?

UlsterFan
29 November, 2018 09:38
Is it me or has it all gone a bit quiet?

jarrad
jarrad (IP Logged)
29 November, 2018 11:08
Guys we have not pulled out of the tournament we want to play in it and we have not heard back if we are in or out
We have just released this statement

Having read the various twitter posts we want to reassure all our supporters that the fixtures have not been released yet and as a club we havenít excluded ourselves from any cup or fixture. As soon as we have any official information we will let you know

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
29 November, 2018 12:29
Quote:
Is it me or has it all gone a bit quiet?

Our CEO is now Wales Rugby League Development Officer so he will continue to be very busy

and there will be lots of work to do for everyone at the club.

I was a bit perturbed as I was sure 6 players were to be announced the other week and we only announced 5,and the reported opportunity to purchase the new leisurewear did not materialise.

Obviously the new home and away kits for 2019 will be anticipated.

We have to consider approval by the RFL and they will be busy trying to sort out what is happening with Leigh,(looking like regaining their place in The Championship ) and Keighley,where nearly all the players,staff and officials have left,but have been included in the fixtures.

I think things will pick up again next week.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net