rugbyunion
Latest News:

cast-Iron13
Round 3 - Hunslet ( Away ) 3/3/19 3pm ko
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
26 February, 2019 13:40
The early favourites for the top positions in League 1 have lost games.

No,not us but Newcastle Thunder,Doncaster and Oldham.

Doncaster lost at home to our opponents Hunslet,after taking a healthy lead.

Some Doncaster followers,aggrieved at the 'thuggish' conduct of Hunslet players which left

2 Doncaster players injured,emailed the RFL questioning the Duty Of Care,as they believed

the officials chose to ignore the incidents.

The Doncaster coach mentioned 'grubbiness' and 'cheap shots' In The Post Match Interview

The head coach for Hunslet is Gary Thornton,who had lost his position at Doncaster,and Hunslet had a few players who had played for Doncaster.

Their experienced prop Richard Moore was concussed and captain Duane Straugheir sustained a hand injury.

This is a real tough test against a strong side.The club is run by the Supporters Trust

but has a wealthy backer in Steve Parkin head poncho of Clipper Logistics.

I know Wakefield Fans wanted to get him involved at their club at times of their financial travails.

The referee for this game will be Paul Marklove.

cast-Iron13
Re: Round 3 - Hunslet ( Away ) 3/3/19 3pm ko
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
01 March, 2019 17:01
It is a tad frustrating not getting the squad(s) information

Anyway,Hunslet have taken a player on loan from Super League club,Huddersfield Giants

Prop On Loan

and I hope we don't concede any needless penalties when they have a guy,formerly with a

Super League and a Championship club,who can kick from distance.

One Of Those With 2 Forenames

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
01 March, 2019 17:09
Is there a problem getting info from Stebonheath ? Or am I misreading your message?

UlsterFan
40:20 (IP Logged)
01 March, 2019 17:22
I think we may have a better view of how tghe league is shaping up after the next few fixtures.

Whilst it is often pleasurable to wallow in others failures, the bottom line is WWR still have not won a match since August 2017. Getting that first win must take priority and it is no good blaming our losses on other teams ability to sign players etc - all teams have the same opportunities to establish things like dual reg etc.

Good luck to all playing v Hunslet on Sunday.

jarrad
jarrad (IP Logged)
01 March, 2019 22:30
We have got some injuries thatís why squad not been announced yet unfortunately.

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
02 March, 2019 13:34
Seen both named squads on respective Twitter accounts.

One or two useful players missing from the Hunslet 19.

UlsterFan
03 March, 2019 10:32
Bet365 (one of the few bookmakers to offer RFL odds across all tournaments) have given us a 34 point handicap at 4/5 to win: and we are 18/1 against winning in a straight match. I have put a small wager on both.

UlsterFan
03 March, 2019 17:07
Lost 58-4 all bets lost.

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
03 March, 2019 19:13
The least convincing performance of 2019.

Even though we lost 86- 0 last year,the performance was as dismal as the weather.

It hasn't been helped by the potential discipline problems which may impact before the 2nd game at Newcastle,which is the League 1 fixture.

Learning that Keighley have defeated the previously unbeaten Coventry is just about the cherry on the cake - for today.

Only 6 days to improve before we hit the fast track of the 4g pitch.

I'll be back in the groove - with confidence overflowing by then.A great 80 minutes - win

And a lucrative home draw to give a boost to everyone at the club.

** Please don't bet on it though ** - just a return to slow improvement would be good.

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
04 March, 2019 08:02
Quote:
CI13 said
The least convincing performance of 2019.
Even though we lost 86- 0 last year,the performance was as dismal as the weather.

It hasn't been helped by the potential discipline problems which may impact before the 2nd game at Newcastle,which is the League 1 fixture.

Could you expand - I may have missed something - thanks!

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
04 March, 2019 11:57
A red and yellow card and an incident on report.

I don't think we will be given any favours.

Just have to wait and see.

I haven't,as yet,seen any match report,or the Yorkshire press.

UlsterFan
06 March, 2019 08:07
I have read a few short reports from northern papers - bottom line is we were much better than last year but still lost 11 tries to 1.

As always the team kept on until the final hooter but another heavy defeat and two tough matches up and coming...

I dont think Newcastle will be in any mood other than determined.

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
07 March, 2019 18:11
2 game ban for Dalton Desmond Walker.

I think it means he will miss the League 1 fixtures

away at Newcastle Thunder and home to Whitehaven.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net