Latest news:

Round 5 - Keighley Cougars ( Home ) Sat 6th April
Discussion started by cast-Iron13 (IP Logged), 02 April, 2019 15:24
cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13
02 April, 2019 15:24
This Saturday 6th April,with a 3pm KO,Keighley Cougars travel to Stebonheath Park

only 6 days after they challenged Championship club Bradford Bulls all the way in the

Coral Challenge Cup.

It brought these words from Welsh head coach John Kear - Press Report

I am hoping Keighley left it all on the pitch,last Sunday.

I was hoping leisurewear and replica shirts may arrive prior to our first win - but like many rugby league clubs it seems the easy money/profits from merchandise seems a very difficult task to complete.

There was a club that persisted with sub-standard items,and delivery,even though a former assistant coach was the regional rep for another kit supplier.The club is finally supplied by that company.

Utterly defeats me - but the UK is unable to provide basic services.Merchandise is important to all sports clubs.It is also good advertising.

The referee for this game is a Mr A Moore and NOT Mr Liam Moore - He is the touch judge in France,on Saturday,despite the criticism from the Catalans head coach in the corresponding fixture last year when he refereed.

I'm sure Mr A Moore will have a good game.I hope the same for our 17 players.

I'm expecting a good contest and a very exciting 80 minutes.

Rogero
Rogero
02 April, 2019 22:55
Quote:
cast-Iron13
This Saturday 6th April,with a 3pm KO,Keighley Cougars travel to Stebonheath Park

only 6 days after they challenged Championship club Bradford Bulls all the way in the

Coral Challenge Cup.

It brought these words from Welsh head coach John Kear - Press Report

I am hoping Keighley left it all on the pitch,last Sunday.

I was hoping leisurewear and replica shirts may arrive prior to our first win - but like many rugby league clubs it seems the easy money/profits from merchandise seems a very difficult task to complete.

There was a club that persisted with sub-standard items,and delivery,even though a former assistant coach was the regional rep for another kit supplier.The club is finally supplied by that company.

Utterly defeats me - but the UK is unable to provide basic services.Merchandise is important to all sports clubs.It is also good advertising.

The referee for this game is a Mr A Moore and NOT Mr Liam Moore - He is the touch judge in France,on Saturday,despite the criticism from the Catalans head coach in the corresponding fixture last year when he refereed.

I'm sure Mr A Moore will have a good game.I hope the same for our 17 players.

I'm expecting a good contest and a very exciting 80 minutes.

Let us hope that everything "comes to he who waits"....

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13
03 April, 2019 18:08
It seems Keighley are bolstering their squad with the signing of a dual code player

who was signed by Warrington,from Yorkshire Carnegie,by Tony Smith.

I guess he'll have some pace - though I haven't watched anything of him on the usual

sites.

Keighley Signing - Taylor Prell.

Rogero
Rogero
03 April, 2019 22:21
Another defeat would be depressing and drag us closer to the foot of the table.

Plus North Wales Crusaders don't play this weekend and their first game to bounce back is against us the weekend after next.

I'm getting that deja vu feeling..

Please prove me wrong.

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13
04 April, 2019 11:45
Quote:
Rogero
Another defeat would be depressing and drag us closer to the foot of the table.
Plus North Wales Crusaders don't play this weekend and their first game to bounce back is against us the weekend after next.

I'm getting that deja vu feeling..

Please prove me wrong.

I was just thinking,the other week - I don't think very often,that things take time.

For example,Gateshead Thunder were liquidated in 2010 and it is only now they are talking about promotion,and have an Academy that wins a few games.( They may have struck lucky with being taken over by the union club owner at Newcastle )

Crusaders,in Wrexham,were liquidated some years ago and have just lost to a community club and are some distance from being promotion favourites.

London Skolars,founded by Hedge Fund expert Ian 'Hector' McNeil have been in existence for over 15 years and there organic growth is slow.

York were promoted to The Championship in 2010,relegated 2 years later and have just been promoted last year.

The big club,Bradford went straight back up but that was to be expected.

The problem now is the opportunity for Super League,full-time players on dual reg.and loan,and the decreasing central funding.

I know it is not promotion - just a win or two - that we want,but it does seem a difficult period in the sport,right now.

Anyway,Keighley are trying to lift themselves for the big game on Saturday

Keighley Press Report

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13
05 April, 2019 16:59
Riding the roller-coaster of rugby league.

Last night I was quite pleased to learn that Hakim Miloudi had left Hull FC for Toronto

which may be another player NOT available for Doncaster,a side we play twice,in May.

The Donny fans aren't pleased with the dual reg agreement/arrangement and depending on how Hull FC fare over coming weeks their situation may get worse.

Once again,to find our squad I have to trawl the interweb.

When I find it,I cannot understand it.We apparently have 2 Jennings players.

Elliot Jennings is still to make his debut - but an M and a P Jennings are in the squad.

I haven't a Scooby what has happened to Callum Mullkeen - I do suspect he may have been the reason for the points deduction,last season,and he may be injured - but I just don't know.

Anyway, Report From Keighley Press Guy

I hope we win.I shall remain cantankerous until we do.

Get to the game.It may be a memorable 80 minutes...

jarrad
jarrad
05 April, 2019 19:20
Elliot Jennings finally has had his British passport throught yesterday but has to wait for his Ni Number and can then play. Sam Baker and Vitalini both injured and callum mulleen is unavailable this week

jarrad
jarrad
05 April, 2019 19:33
P Jennings is Paddy Jennings youngster from Swansea university

Rogero
Rogero
06 April, 2019 17:03
Final score WWR 12 v 56 Keighley Cougars.

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13
07 April, 2019 12:09
Massively disappointing - and disappointed.

Started well with the pack on top.P Jennings recovering well after slipping while getting

in position for a high kick.

The usual combination of errors and penalties allowed Keighley to take control when even the Keighley Twitter account stated we were causing them 'Plenty to think about' and had 'come out firing' - we haven't done that of late,and here we were with a new spine and new wingers starting the game.

The officials also chose to ignore a deliberate elbow into the face of Archie Snook.

Newcastle ( Gateshead Thunder ) are celebrating their 20 years anniversary,and like Crusaders ( Wrexham ) have benefited from a time in Super League and from that time have retained a certain fanbase.We haven't had that benefit.

Since both clubs were liquidated - 2010 in the case of Thunder - they have not set the League 1 world alight.

In the case of Thunder Dave Woods arrived as head coach,with a number of overseas signings,and didn't make an impression in the first year - but certainly did in the 2nd year.

That was before dual reg and Super League players in League 1 - or big-spending overseas clubs.

With our losing run continuing efforts to attract crowds seem to be on the back burner

and questions about central funding remain after 2021.

This is going to require patience.

The TotalRL Forums is down at the moment but a disgruntled London Skolars follower typed out,last week,that Skolars would never win another game all season.

They defeated high -riding Workington,yesterday.

I may adopt this tactic myself.

However - patience is a virtue.

Here is the head coach of Keighley stating we are much improved

Craig Lingard Post Match Interview

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net