rugbyunion
Latest News:

cast-Iron13
Round 8 - Oldham ( Home ) 3pm Sat 27th April
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
24 April, 2019 16:34
Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse...

Along comes the referee appointment.

Only Brandon Robinson.

I hadn't seen his name anywhere,at all,this season - though I wasn't looking very hard.

He was the referee at York and the referee at Featherstone at Featherstone v Doncaster

when the opposition scored over 100 - and the referee on other blowout results,last year.

On a more upbeat note - Tra Lah - Oldham have squandered good leads,and lost games in the final quarter in the past 4 games.

It looks unlikely that they will have dual reg/loan signing Lee Kershaw,from Wakefield Trinity,who debuted for Trinity v Leeds,scored a try and taak the MoM award.

But,as usual,Oldham will have a heavy pack.

The weather,unfortunately,is not forecast to be hot and sunny,but is forecast to be rain,and windy.

Oldham have prop Langtree returned to them after a brief period at Hull FC and they have This Young Guy Who Can Do Long Minutes

Their half back Hewitt,who went through St Helens Academy and has played in The Championship,has caused us problems,last year.

They are coached by former Bradford player Scott Naylor,who has been at Oldham almost as long as any other head coach currently at the same club.

We are going to need the crowd behind our players for the full 80 minutes - particularly the closing stages,as this will be another difficult test.

A good performance will lift the spirits before the trip to Doncaster for the 1895 Cup game the following week.

jarrad
Re: Round 8 - Oldham ( Home ) 3pm Sat 27th April
jarrad (IP Logged)
24 April, 2019 18:08
Brandon is a great referee for me the best in the league hes experienced whixh is nice as we normally have 12 year olds on their weekend off school

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
24 April, 2019 19:29
Quote:
jarrad
Brandon is a great referee for me the best in the league hes experienced whixh is nice as we normally have 12 year olds on their weekend off school

Oh,yes.No complaints from me about any of his performances last year.

Just the results.

Robinson is probably fit enough to keep up with Zax McComb,the Oldham centre they signed from Huddersfield Giants,who is up for 'Try Of The Week'.

I thought referee Smaill,at Wrexham was faultless,as well.

I definitely didn't like that result,either.

Oldham Haven't Enjoyed Their Results

Not liking things on the approach to a game,things going wrong on gameday,may just be what is needed for me to enjoy the result.

It's gonna happen...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/04/2019 19:31 by cast-Iron13.

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
25 April, 2019 07:20
Oldham are obviously not in the mood to mess about. They have lost three games out of six in the league and they will be looking to get a good result at Llanelli on Saturday.

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
25 April, 2019 10:41
Quote:
Rogero
Oldham are obviously not in the mood to mess about. They have lost three games out of six in the league and they will be looking to get a good result at Llanelli on Saturday.

Looks Like They Are Going To Go For It

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
26 April, 2019 10:42
Oldham 19 Man Squad

Jones-Bishop,brother of Wakefield winger,missing out,means they are 2 pace men down.

They still have pace in the side but the 'middles' will be where the challenge is,in the wind and rain,with McComb the strike centre for them

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
26 April, 2019 15:00
This interview first appeared in this weeks Rugby League Express and he has played well

thus far.I would like to think he will benefit when Morgan Evans arrives.

I hope he maintains his level against Oldham

Sam Herron Comments.

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
28 April, 2019 17:40
Lost 72 - 8

Penybont Crusader
Penybont Crusader (IP Logged)
28 April, 2019 20:33
No comments from anyone who attended ?

jarrad
jarrad (IP Logged)
28 April, 2019 20:47
No

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
28 April, 2019 20:49
I think the scoreline speaks for itself, it really is turning into another very depressing sequence of results.

14 tries v 2 tries at home, and now only one point ahead of the team who started the league campaign with a 12 point deduction.

The 1895 Cup now takes our attention with a tough trip to Doncaster.

Penybont Crusader
Penybont Crusader (IP Logged)
28 April, 2019 20:55
Unfortunately I would say the 1895 Cup is an unnecessary game bearing in mind injuries etc. (Sm110)

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
28 April, 2019 21:05
It was awful.

The weather was awful.

The team performance was awful.

I could probably get away with suggesting there is a hex over us whenever referee Brandon Robinson is in charge - but 2 awful team performances,on the bounce,prevents me.

I dare not look at the points total for and against when Mr Robinson has officiated...

It's About 5 Games - 4 Away Games,Or So,In This Link From 2018 Games.

Support play is non-existent.Offensively and defensively around the ruck we are shocking.

The darkest hour is before the dawn.I hope we have had our darkest hour.

Doncaster fans aren't happy with their dual reg.and having played 33 players this season,thus far.

I believe we are close to making further signings - but the combinations take time

and getting the players operating as a team just isn't there.Yet.

The young lad from Swansea University,Patrick Jennings comes up with tries when he plays - but defensively there is little communication.

They need an overdose of confidence from somewhere.

Our usual success of conceding the first try was even quicker than usual - and the wind appeared to be mainly behind us,in that appalling first half display.

Has to be the worst performance of 2019.

Need to improve so the second half of this year prepares a platform,better still a springboard,for 2020.

The 1895 Cup game,away from home,has come as a welcome distraction,and a chance for the players to bond together on the coach trip and play with some confidence,next week.

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
29 April, 2019 07:41
Quote:
cast-Iron13
It was awful.
The weather was awful.

The team performance was awful.

I could probably get away with suggesting there is a hex over us whenever referee Brandon Robinson is in charge - but 2 awful team performances,on the bounce,prevents me.

I dare not look at the points total for and against when Mr Robinson has officiated...

It's About 5 Games - 4 Away Games,Or So,In This Link From 2018 Games.

Support play is non-existent.Offensively and defensively around the ruck we are shocking.

The darkest hour is before the dawn.I hope we have had our darkest hour.

Doncaster fans aren't happy with their dual reg.and having played 33 players this season,thus far.

I believe we are close to making further signings - but the combinations take time

and getting the players operating as a team just isn't there.Yet.

The young lad from Swansea University,Patrick Jennings comes up with tries when he plays - but defensively there is little communication.

They need an overdose of confidence from somewhere.

Our usual success of conceding the first try was even quicker than usual - and the wind appeared to be mainly behind us,in that appalling first half display.

Has to be the worst performance of 2019.

Need to improve so the second half of this year prepares a platform,better still a springboard,for 2020.

The 1895 Cup game,away from home,has come as a welcome distraction,and a chance for the players to bond together on the coach trip and play with some confidence,next week.

Thank you, a difficult read but obviously a brutally honest synopsis of the latest 80 minutes on the pitch.

I like others keep typing messages and then deleting without posting as I do not want to appear negative BUT we seem to have made little or no progress since last year. Results are there for all to see, the league table does not lie and heavy defeat after heavy defeat must take it's toll. As the song goes "things can only get better"....

jd1664.
jd1664. (IP Logged)
29 April, 2019 13:04
I too have written a few times recently before thinking better of posting.......

Iíve used the silence to work on a Scorpironders calendar.

July : the club announces the season is down the toilet but they are planning for a better tomorrow.

Aug / Sept : the club regrets the bad results but supporters should take heart that next year will be better.

Oct : The bottom placing is a necessary part of the development for next year. Things can only get better.

Nov : the club announces new players, some of whom may actually one day play along with a revised coach or coaching structure.

Dec : a good month for fans as nothing bad happens

Jan : the club announces pre season training is better than ever before but for various reasons there will be a limited pre season schedule.

Mar /Apr : the season starts with a whimper and the club says the pre season means we may be slow starters but things will improve

May / Jun : things donít improve

July : the club announces the season is down the toilet but they are planning for a better tomorrow

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/04/2019 15:47 by jd1664..

Rogero
Rogero (IP Logged)
29 April, 2019 17:07
That made me chuckle out loud jd!

Thanks for posting.

UlsterFan
40:20 (IP Logged)
29 April, 2019 17:50
Humour is the best medicine!

jd1664.
jd1664. (IP Logged)
29 April, 2019 20:36
I think without (gallows?) humour we'd haver chucked in the proverbial many years ago..........

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net