Latest news:

Suggestions
Discussion started by jarrad (IP Logged), 11 June, 2019 13:08
jarrad
jarrad
11 June, 2019 13:08
Hi Guys,
Iíve sent some of the feedback back to the owners regarding website and social media.
If we held a fans forum say we met in the middle like bridgend where we train fans can watch us train and then have a q and a session who would come?

jarrad
jarrad
11 June, 2019 13:09
And also can you guys give some suggestions what we as a club can do to better ourselfs

jd1664.
jd1664.
11 June, 2019 14:02
Quote:
jarrad
And also can you guys give some suggestions what we as a club can do to better ourselfs

Easy. WIN

Rogero
Rogero
11 June, 2019 17:35
Quote:
jd1664.
Quote:
jarrad

Easy. WIN

I have to say that whilst posted with a touch of humour JD is 100% correct, whatever the club do will be judged by what happens on the field of play, HOWEVER I for one would be happy to meet up and discuss what could be done to improve things and Bridgend is probably as good a place as any.

Hopefully this thread will generate some enthusiasm and interest.

jarrad
jarrad
11 June, 2019 19:43
Take the results on the field out of it. Off the field etc

Penybont Crusader
Penybont Crusader
11 June, 2019 19:48
Get the front office right -Jack Gibson (paraphrased from someone else I believe)

This is an absolute must because itís clear that huge efforts arenít bringing rewards having the impact they need.

Following the example of CoventryBears and their link with uni students in marketing and journalism is a must. Iíd contact Alan Robinson pdq and get up there to see how they do it. Iím sure Alan would be very helpful in any way he could.

This takes the pressure off the limited number of off field volunteers like you Jarrad and gives the students something for their CV. it also means that valuable time pre and post game isnít taken up worrying about getting stuff to press etc.

Peprhaps a past players day- the clubs old enough now to have numerous ex players who could be invited down perhaps for a masters game or just a day where a BBQ a
is laid on . We do this every year at Skolars (usually Friday Night Lights before CC fInal
And we put our hands in our pockets with raffles even entry for the game (Hectors not a millionaire or nothing &#128512winking smiley

Just quick thoughts .....

jarrad
jarrad
11 June, 2019 21:48
Thanks Stu.
We are announcing a new signing tomorrow and we will be launching Raiders TV too im going to be getting player interviews and a coaches interview explaining why players are missing etc. Good idea about past players though as the raiders it will only be the amateur players from when they were in CLS

Penybont Crusader
Penybont Crusader
11 June, 2019 21:49
You need to include Scorpions players as in effec5 they are same mate.

Rogero
Rogero
12 June, 2019 07:59
South Wales Scorpions, South Wales Ironmen and West Wales Raiders represent the continued run of semi-pro RL going back to 28th February 2010 at Neath. This non broken run continued through Neath, Maesteg, Mountain Ash, Caerphilly, Merthyr Tydfil and now Llanelli. History and records are important.

I have posted in the past about the importance of not forgetting what happened in the past and I have maintained results, attendances and home ground locations for all competitive games since the first game in Neath when the Scorpions beat Workington 22-20 in front of 566 fans.

It is good news about raising the profile - hopefully this will help with interest. Keeping the website up to date would be good too.

Fingers crossed that we can get a result against London....

alexp1991
alexp1991
12 June, 2019 22:42
Jarrod, firstly I think itís great that the club have opened up to feedback.

Regarding a Q&A in Bridgend, that sounds great and would maybe work best pre-season and on a weekend? Would be good to build a bit of hype for the new season ahead.

I can only really echo what Stuart said about media and marketing students - work experience is so essential, can we look at utilising that in exchange for a beer and a pie and something valuable on their CV?

jarrad
jarrad
13 June, 2019 16:40
The club tried with the universityís to get someone to do the media and no one wanted to do it

Rogero
Rogero
13 June, 2019 18:32
Quote:
jarrad
The club tried with the universityís to get someone to do the media and no one wanted to do it

Oh my goodness...

Penybont Crusader
Penybont Crusader
13 June, 2019 19:39
Hence go and see Boomer atCoventry and find out how they did it

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net