Latest news:

Coventry Bears at Stebonheath - Saturday 20th July
Discussion started by Rogero (IP Logged), 15 July, 2019 07:12
Rogero
Rogero
15 July, 2019 07:12
Whilst overall results continue to be disappointing, the width of the defeats (with a couple of exceptions) have been much narrower than in the previous season. The half time score at Keighley showed that the Raiders can be competitive and as we approach the second anniversary of our last win it would be a great boost for all concerned if Coventry could be beaten.

The 29th July 2017 was the club's first game at Stebonheath following the takeover and move from Merthyr. It was also the last competitive game we won, so a victory over the Bears would be fitting and help us "kick on" for the future.

I will be making the trip to Stebonheath and hope to see some old faces and my first win for far too long.

Good luck to all connected with the club.

Taketheone...
Taketheone...
15 July, 2019 07:21
Coventry have won four league matches this season. They have beaten us at their place, plus had victories over Newcastle and Workington at home plus a surprising win at London Skolars. They lost at home to Hunslet at the weekend.

If you disregard Keighley's point deduction position the Bears are our nearest rivals in terms of points.......

Thoughts from others?

UlsterFan
40:20
17 July, 2019 13:18
Looking down the barrel of two years without a win and almost 50 consecutive defeats is incentive enough to beat Coventry Bears on Saturday. After the huge sporting weekend just gone, let's make our own headlines by avoiding defeat and winning a game.

It looks we will be as strong as we have been since Kim Williams arrived. Good luck and let us get the monkey off our back!

Rogero
Rogero
19 July, 2019 07:46
I will be driving down to Stebonheath leaving Cardiff at just after 1.00pm tomorrow, If anybody from the area wants a lift let me know. I live in Thornhill / Llanishen area.

UlsterFan
40:20
19 July, 2019 17:08
It seems that even this forum has gone quiet....

Thanks for keeping the flag flying.

lewj
lewj
20 July, 2019 15:43
Currently 20-0 up. smiling smiley

Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Penybont Crusader
Penybont Crusader
20 July, 2019 16:48
Well done to all.

lewj
lewj
20 July, 2019 17:02
Credit where it is due. A very good win indeed.

I'm quick enough in voicing opinion when the results are t good so it is refreshing to post this with so many points for the home team and a win finally under their belts.

Well done to all involved.

jarrad
jarrad
20 July, 2019 17:12
Told you all we would do it lol. Was disappointed we didnt get to 50 we were the better team by a mile

lewj
lewj
20 July, 2019 17:13
Quote:
jarrad
Told you all we would do it lol. Was disappointed we didnt get to 50 we were the better team by a mile

You did, fair play

SMB
SMB
20 July, 2019 17:18
Congratulations on the win. Made up for everyone at the club and in particular the players - especially those who’ve been there throughout the last two seasons and suffered all the humiliating defeats. It must have been soul destroying for them and at times I bet they felt like throwing the towel in wondering ‘what’s the point?’ But winning today will make it all seem worthwhile. Not just a win but a thrashing! All the best and hopefully it’s the corner turned...

Rogero
Rogero
20 July, 2019 18:01
I have just got back home and I have to say that was a superb, comprehensive destruction of the opposition. The Raiders were first to everything, tackled brilliantly, off loaded superbly and played with growing confidence throughout the 80 minutes. It gets the monkey off their backs, Kim Williams was mobbed by players and fans alike at the end - WELL DONE!

Hopefully this is the start of an improved series of results. The spirit in the camp shone through and players, staff and fans enjoyed a much needed boost for the sport.

Rogero

Taketheone...
Taketheone...
20 July, 2019 18:12
Great to see a positive thread - this huge win has put a real spring in everybody's step!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net