Latest News:

Next Matches:

DRUIDS Sat 5th Apr Ickenham(A)

Occies Sat 5th Apr Esher (A)

1st XV Sat 12th Apr Jersey (H)

Dragons 12th Apr Crags Crusaders (Merit Table 6 Final)

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Doncaster v London Welsh Preview
Posted by: The Dragons\\\' Den (IP Logged)
Date: 03 November, 2011 09:24

What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Re: Doncaster v London Welsh Preview
Posted by: Mark W-J (IP Logged)
Date: 04 November, 2011 12:11

15. Edd Thrower, 14. Joe Ajuwa, 13. Hudson Tonga’uiha*, 12. Simon Whatling, 11. James Lewis, 10. Alex Davies, 9. Rob Lewis, 1. Shawn Pittman*, 2. Saul Nelson, 3. Billy Moss, 4. Adam Brown, 5. Martin Purdy, 6. Lee Beach © , 7. Mike Denbee, 8. Ed Jackson.

Replacements: 16. Vili Ma’asi*, 17. James Tideswell, 18. Matt Corker, 19. Ben Russell, 20. Ben Stevenson, 21. Gordon Ross*, 22. Seb Jewell.

First start for Alex Davies, and deservedly so after last week. Not so sure about James Lewis being a better option on the wing than Hurrell, Gibson and Ashley Smith...

Posted by: nld (IP Logged)
Date: 04 November, 2011 13:19

Ten non-EQPs? Need to average eight per game to keep receiving the full RFU funding. Hope someone is keeping track of this and advising Lyn accordingly.

Date: 04 November, 2011 13:28

Knights starting line-up:

15 David McIlwaine
14 Dougie Flockhart
13 Oli Goss
12 PJ Gidlow
11 Michael Keating
10 Tom Luke
9 Chris Hallam
1 Stuart Corsar
2 Steve Boden
3 Alex Brown
4 Matt Challinor
5 Glen Kenworthy
6 Latu Makaafi
7 Zack Farivarz
8 Chris Planchant

16 Tom Davies
17 Jack Yeandle
18 Dominic Parsons
19 Andy Boyde
20 Michael Noone
21 Lee Audis
22 Michael Bateman

Posted by: Newest Sir Benfro (IP Logged)
Date: 04 November, 2011 14:01

I reckon we have 9 EQP's in that line up

Only non EQP's are Lewis, Lewis, Tonga'huia, Pittman, Brown and Beach ??

Date: 04 November, 2011 14:23

You have to look at the full 22-man squad, but I agree with your six non-EQPs plus Ma'asi and Ross on the bench makes eight, with Joe being a 'not sure'.

Date: 04 November, 2011 14:30

Joe isn't EQP add far as I am aware. He needed a work permit a couple of years ago and failed to get one. Saul Nelson was born in Wales and had a Wales A cap so isn't EQP either.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2011 14:36 by nld.

Date: 04 November, 2011 15:04

Thought Saul would be qualified on residency grounds after his time with Bristol and Exeter - didn't realise he had an 'A' cap.

I hereby pass the ceremonial anorak onto your shoulders.

Date: 04 November, 2011 15:12

Quote:
Mark W-J
Thought Saul would be qualified on residency grounds after his time with Bristol and Exeter - didn't realise he had an 'A' cap.
I hereby pass the ceremonial anorak onto your shoulders.

Thanks, perfect timing given the forecast this weekend!

9 definite non-EQPs plus a possible with Joe?

Posted by: DanFW3 (IP Logged)
Date: 04 November, 2011 19:42

It is a little silly for the RFU to have a requirement of a minimum of 8 EQP per match for Championship (and - ? - other divisions) when no England selector (or Welsh, for that matter) picks from the Championship for full internationals, and not without cause, and the reality is that Premiership clubs nurturing future full international players have only rarely recruited them from the Championship. Correct me if I am wrong, there may be exceptions to the general rule but in general terms am I right?

I know the theory is to develop the lower divisions (and the Premiership) as breeding grounds of future full international players, but does it work or have the potential for working? England, setting aside the recent little difficulties, seems to have a decent enough collection of players as things stand currently.

It also may not work evenly. A non-EQP player may work for Donny, Pirates, Otley, Henley or Newbury, to mention a few current or recent Championship clubs, but my instinct is that generally non-EQPs are more likely to look to the metropolitan clubs. A club looking to boost its survival or promotion chances that is based in London already faces problems with affording attractive player salaries and finding them homes, and for that reason may find non-EQP attractive (as, though this may not be true, perhaps being willing to accept less outlandish salaries). Since I have no idea what player salaries are, this may be utter tosh.

Posted by: Wildwillie (IP Logged)
Date: 04 November, 2011 20:09

Having seen both LW and Donny beat Leeds at Headingley I think that you are evenly matched. Should be a tight game.

[www.northernpubs.co.uk]
[www.embsaywitheastbyallotments.org.uk]

Date: 04 November, 2011 20:40

If the RFU are putting in the money then they can set whatever rules they want!

Assuming that Guillermo Roan and Joe Ajuwa are non-EQP then a quick (and possible inaccurate) count up shows that in ten games (including the squad for Doncaster) the 220 players on the team sheets include 89 non-EQPs. Therefore running at an average of 8.9 per match. When do the RFU do their calculations, is it monthly?

Posted by: londonbound (IP Logged)
Date: 05 November, 2011 16:30

Great win under huge pressure at the end; well done all

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Message ListLog In
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net