Re: Appeal has been lodged.
Posted by: TC08
Date: 08 June, 2012 13:42
I don't understand why you don't just go away and leave us to contemplate for ourselves what will happen in 2 weeks' time.
You are being more than just repetitive, and I can't see any benefit, for us or you, of you clogging up our message board any more. I am sure that if you'd been as boring as this on the Falcons MB you'd have been censored there, as some of their more reasonable members seem to have suggested to you over the past few days.
And, as I said before, you are not helping Falcons reputation down here a jot. A strange way to help them, I'd say.
You claim that there are clearly-defined rules. There patently are not, or we wouldn't have had:
- the PGB failing to agree on a recommended course of action to put to the RFU
- the RFU board having to have lengthy discussions that exposed differing views before deciding to reject our application
And, although it appears that you based your original case on the dodgy document that came out as part of the Saracens planning application, you have ignored the fact that the latest document clearly gives the RFU discretion as to how to treat an application that has failed the audit. Rejection is by no means a mandatory response.
We've heard, first hand, in open meetings, from our Board that:
- they were in regular contact with the RFU before submitting the application and
- they were confident that the application would meet the requirements, if we were to beat Pirates and win the Championship.
We believe them. They have put money, time and their substantial reputations on the line (and they have communicated this to us throughout the season, albeit culminating in a burst of activity when we had secured the SF slot).
You, a nobody from a NE backwater, have:
- made potentially libelous allegations against the professional standards our Board is operating to
- claimed you have some deep insight into a document that it seems clear you have only seen for the first time within the last month, and have shown only a slight grasp of how it is precisely constructed
- claimed also to have some secret source that has convinced you (how, I wonder?) that the LW application has "more holes than Rab C Nesbit's vest"
- refused consistently to back up your claims with any verifiable (or even just good rumours) facts.
- failed to understand what happens to any investment you've made in the past when you sell it.
To paraphrase Henry 11: Will no one rid me of this turbulent journo?[