NEXT MATCHES

SUN 30th APRIL

MIDDX 7s - Richmond Athletic Ground - Start Time TBC

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Does anyone know what's happening?
new paddytaf (IP Logged)
13 February, 2017 14:44
Since the very sad demise of our famous club, what if anything is the latest news apart from Scrum V who I believe are going to discuss our future etc? Silence for me is most certainly not GOLDEN. PADDYTAF.

Re: Does anyone know what's happening?
Ian H (IP Logged)
13 February, 2017 15:54
Derek, Until the situation becomes clearer, everyone should be getting behind the amateur sides

taff in sevenoaks (IP Logged)
13 February, 2017 16:10
Ian H,

I've PM'd New Paddy[color=#CC0000Taffcolor] all I know

new paddytaf (IP Logged)
13 February, 2017 16:41
100% agree Ian. I've been to two amateur games recently as well as watching them away in seasons past. Your support from the Principality is very much appreciated, as was your fantastic support when you were with us at ODP. (Sm152) (Sm152) PADDYTAF.

peterh64 (IP Logged)
14 February, 2017 08:56
apparently the amateur section are discussing plans re getting the pro members supporters on board

nld (IP Logged)
14 February, 2017 09:30
Quote:
peterh64
apparently the amateur section are discussing plans re getting the pro members supporters on board

In what way do pro club supporters need help to get on board? There are LW teams playing at ODP. The supporters know where the ground is. Mens' teams away fixtures are generally within the M25 area, LWWRFC matches can be further afield but fixtures are published way in advance. If pro members supporters want to watch the amateur teams then come along, if it's not of interest then that's fine too.

I'd hate to think that the oft-tweeted LWFamily was just a meaningless hashtag. winking smiley

peterh64 (IP Logged)
14 February, 2017 15:32
Quote:
nld
Quote:
peterh64

In what way do pro club supporters need help to get on board? There are LW teams playing at ODP. The supporters know where the ground is. Mens' teams away fixtures are generally within the M25 area, LWWRFC matches can be further afield but fixtures are published way in advance. If pro members supporters want to watch the amateur teams then come along, if it's not of interest then that's fine too.

I'd hate to think that the oft-tweeted LWFamily was just a meaningless hashtag. winking smiley

err in the fact I bought a season ticket for London Welsh , do they not want some membership money from the pro supporters?
in the fact what is the ambition for the club and how is that going to be achieved?

you do have an attitude don't you?

taff in sevenoaks (IP Logged)
14 February, 2017 15:58
Peter,

I PM'd you this morning what chappers said by email the other day

taff in sevenoaks

nld (IP Logged)
14 February, 2017 16:03
At this stage of the season they'll be delighted with more people turning up to support.

Membership info comes out during the summer months. I'll post a link when it's available. If you want to make a donation before that then PM me - I'll arrange to get you details of how you can send a payment to the amateur club.

ChavinBenson (IP Logged)
15 February, 2017 11:07
As hard to swallow as it is, I think we need to start getting our head round that as a pro club we are gone and never will be back.

The final whistle has blown.

Dafydd (IP Logged)
15 February, 2017 12:08
Sadly you are correct, there is no going back and it is a great shame, the leaked letter from the RFU summed it up for me and I am disappointed that the management couldn't quite get there.

Ellie Crisell (IP Logged)
15 February, 2017 14:03
So, what's the next move?

abertawe (IP Logged)
15 February, 2017 14:37
Unfortunately we'll still be in Cardiff on the Saturday 11th, but those of us who are back in London on the Saturday can enjoy Scarlets at Ealing at 2.00. I am sure Natalie will give you a very warm welcome at Ealing.

Dai Port Talbot (IP Logged)
16 February, 2017 01:31
Can't agree with your use of the word "demise" Derek. My fondest memories of LW are when we were the best amateur club in the country. And the cry of "come on, the amateurs!" was used to goad the semi-professional opposition. And let's not forget that the term amateur is derived from the Latin verb 'to love" which is what we feel about our club, the best family amateur club in the country. We need a financial plan that allows us to maintain this, retain ODP as our base and provide the best possible support for our boys, ladies and children.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/02/2017 18:16 by Dai Port Talbot.

peterh64 (IP Logged)
16 February, 2017 12:06
I think the pro corpse may be slightly twitching but whether anything will come of it I'm not at all sure

Newest Sir Benfro (IP Logged)
16 February, 2017 12:29
Quote:
peterh64
I think the pro corpse may be slightly twitching but whether anything will come of it I'm not at all sure

Is Lazarus our new Loose head ?

Ian H (IP Logged)
17 February, 2017 11:27
The Amateur organisation seems to be financially realistic - long may it continue. I joined the amateur side via the website as soon as I heard of the issue with the pro side. Ok - only 35 for me, based in Wales, but I'm sure a few more could do this as well

ChavinBenson (IP Logged)
17 February, 2017 13:12
I'm interested to learn how we can exist as a pro club with:

No governing body sanction.
No league to play in.
No players.
No money.

Tiz over, sadly.

Blackheath Welsh (IP Logged)
17 February, 2017 14:29
London Welsh RFC don't exist as a Pro Club or even as a Club!

The Clubs name and badge belongs to Kelvin and he has not made up his mind on what he will do with it!

Only London Welsh Amateurs RFC exists as a playing Club in the Leagues, via LW Druids, LW Dragons, LW Occies and LW Griffins.

new paddytaf (IP Logged)
17 February, 2017 15:05
And LONDON WELSH Ladies??? Yes? No?? Surely Yes. PADDYTAF.

17 February, 2017 15:12
Quote:
new paddytaf
And LONDON WELSH Ladies??? Yes? No?? Surely Yes. PADDYTAF.

LWWRFC - London Welsh Women RFC are I believe a separate organisation in the eyes of the RFU (boo, hiss), not sure if they are part of LWA, but of course work with them. Paddytaf you and I have of course missedthe biggest element of LWA, the Under 18 teams down to the Minis! The Clubs future!

chappers (IP Logged)
17 February, 2017 15:41
Quote:
Blackheath Welsh

The Clubs name and badge belongs to Kelvin and he has not made up his mind on what he will do with it!

Is he sure what he has actually bought as I for one am not.
Was the badge and IP transferred from the original LWRFC to the limited company formed in
1997 and then subsequently to the limited company formed in 2007.

Either way not sure what value they have anyway. What's to stop me forming a new limited company called London Welsh Rugby Ltd sticking a dragon on a badge and starting off down in H & M merit table and calling myself London Welshies.

Holding a non trading IP has little value especially against a trading entity of the same/similar name. For example domain squatting and ransom, even became illegal

17 February, 2017 16:25
The only badge Kelvin will hold is the stupid squashed dragon and flag badge! The standing tall and proud dragon and flag current owner is unknown, some say one of the old Chairman of LWSC created, some say Colin Boswell created it. Because the ownership was unknown or was not confirmable, we end up with the squashed dragon and flag with London Welsh under neath (which I believe has been recorded/trademarked)! Can we please go back to have a standing tall and proud Welsh dragon (in RED) with the standard of the City of London and on a White shield!!!

Chappers, I'm on the outside looking in, I'm not like you, being spoon feed information! So I can only post things I believe, to answer Supporters questions. You being a member of Supporters Club Committee are better placed, but sadly like Club, the SC Committee have gone quite and no information is being released or told to us Mushrooms! Hopefully on 8th March the picture maybe a bit clearer???

peterh64 (IP Logged)
17 February, 2017 17:40
Quote:
ChavinBenson
I'm interested to learn how we can exist as a pro club with:
No governing body sanction.
No league to play in.
No players.
No money.

Tiz over, sadly.

but it doesnt mean that you can't have:
a league to play in the future
money for a new club
players
money

Mark W-J (IP Logged)
17 February, 2017 18:36
Are you seriously suggesting that we could be reinstated in the leagues?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

London Welsh Poll

New poll coming soon!

See results > Submit >>