LEAGUE:

1st XV - Watford (A) Sat 9th Sept

Druids - L Scottish (A) Sat 16th Sept

Occies - Hackney 4s (A) Sat 16th Sept

LWWRFC - Portsmouth (H) 10th Sept

The Lions - have your say
The Dragons' Den (IP Logged)
22 March, 2017 16:25
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Re: The Lions - have your say
taff in sevenoaks (IP Logged)
23 March, 2017 19:39
Agree with most of your team Mark but if Farrell & Sexton were to get injured, who would be your back up goal kicker? I would probably have Leigh Halfpenny at 11, in his natural position

Mark W-J (IP Logged)
24 March, 2017 12:50
Well, I've got Hogg and Daly - neither of whom usually bothers with anything less than 50m - and Finn Russell on the bench. I can't think of many teams who have a third goalkicker in the starting XV in case the first two both get injured!

24 March, 2017 16:14
Blues tomorrow, (Shingler, Morgan & Anscombe), I presume Cian Healy, is one of the props on the bench and why was Rory Best not considered for hooker, he has had a good 6N despite the injury before Italy game, or is he an impact sub?

03 April, 2017 09:54
Mark, having caught most of the 1/4 finals this past weekend, agree with your selection of Sexton but would have Owen Farrell as back up. I know you haven't picked a captain but the question is would it have been Heaslip, he has been an excellent vice captain to Rory Best in the 6N and has regional experience.

Mark W-J (IP Logged)
03 April, 2017 12:17
I like Best, but was just really impressed with George whenever he came off the bench for England. Heaslip would certainly do a good job as captain - I can understand why Gatland has suggested that the tour skipper might not be guaranteed a starting place in the test team.

19 April, 2017 16:55
Having seen the Lions squad briefly, with some of your chosen XV in what do you think of the final41?

Mark W-J (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 12:38
Well, five of my fifteen didn't get selected - although, to be fair, Garry Ringrose and Rob Evans were included to stimulate debate rather than because they were outstanding candidates. Shocked that Launchbury didn't make it, and I'd genuinely expected at least one of the Gray brother to get the call.

From a Wales point of view, Biggar, Jonathan Davies and Halfpenny are all lucky, but I probably agree with the majority of the squad overall.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

London Welsh Poll

New poll coming soon!

See results > Submit >>