NEXT MATCHES

Actonians RFC v 1st XV, Sat 25 Nov, 2.30pm

Twickenham 2nd XV v Druids, Sat 25 Nov, 2.30pm

Occies v Twickenham 3rd XV, Sat 25 Nov, 2.30pm

U18s v Old Elthamians RFC U18s, Sun 26 Nov, 1pm

Club Websites
Y Drenewydd (IP Logged)
01 June, 2017 10:32
At the meeting last night Gwyn mentioned the Pitchero web site and upgrading it.

[www.pitchero.com]

I notice the old London Welsh site is still running and has a few bits that are current ...i.e. twitter and a few headings . A google search for "London Welsh" gives the site as a top hit.

[www.london-welsh.co.uk]

I wonder if there any plans for the Amateur Club to move to this site as it has a good exposure and many people will still have it bookmarked on their devices.

Re: Club Websites
Blackheath Welsh (IP Logged)
01 June, 2017 10:45
Quote:
Y Drenewydd

I notice the old London Welsh site is still running and has a few bits that are current ...i.e. twitter and a few headings . A google search for "London Welsh" gives the site as a top hit.

[www.london-welsh.co.uk]

I wonder if there any plans for the Amateur Club to move to this site as it has a good exposure and many people will still have it bookmarked on their devices.

Would have been a good question to ask at last nights meeting, during the Q&A, did you ask?

Y Drenewydd (IP Logged)
01 June, 2017 10:50
No , only thought about it today!

01 June, 2017 10:57
Quote:
Y Drenewydd
No , only thought about it today!

That's a pity, as it is a very good question.

Mark W-J (IP Logged)
01 June, 2017 11:09
I believe that the old domain name is owned by Kelvin, although I'm not sure how he (or anyone else, for that matter) would have been able to lay claim to any assets when the pro club was liquidated.

01 June, 2017 11:14
He rumoured to have brought the Pro Club players kit and van off the liquidator, so may have also brought the Twitter account and website?

nld (IP Logged)
01 June, 2017 11:38
Quote:
Mark W-J
I believe that the old domain name is owned by Kelvin, although I'm not sure how he (or anyone else, for that matter) would have been able to lay claim to any assets when the pro club was liquidated.

Edited as there's a better reply by Bryn further down the thread!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2017 19:20 by nld.

nld (IP Logged)
01 June, 2017 11:40
Quote:
Blackheath Welsh
He rumoured to have brought the Pro Club players kit and van off the liquidator, so may have also brought the Twitter account and website?

Edited as there's a better reply by Bryn further down the thread!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2017 19:21 by nld.

01 June, 2017 13:37
Quote:
Y Drenewydd

I notice the old London Welsh site is still

[www.london-welsh.co.uk]

The following was posted on Gwlad, reference Pro Clubs website:

"This was discussed last night at the AGM - the London Welsh Professional team/entity owes the IT who managed the website 9k, so they are refusing to take it down until they are paid."

Y Drenewydd (IP Logged)
01 June, 2017 14:18
Sounds like it's in limbo at the moment.

But after last nights confident and comphrehensive presentation I'm confident a current and uptodate London Welsh RFC site will return to the top search position in due course

COYW

Bryn Walters (IP Logged)
01 June, 2017 19:02
Kelvin has very kindly donated the kit and van to be used to support Sonny and the team next year. The website is complicated and the IT company needs to be approached to see if a sensible solution can be reached for all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2017 08:22 by Bryn Walters.

nld (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 09:21
Quote:
Bryn Walters
Kelvin has very kindly donated the kit and van to be used to support Sonny and the team next year. The website is complicated and the IT company needs to be approached to see if a sensible solution can be reached for all.

Well done to the club mgt on reaching a solution that now has the old pro club site redirecting to the Pitchero site.

taff in sevenoaks (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 10:07
I agree with you Nigel. Now let us hope that the gates improve from what they were inthe aftermath of the demise of the pro club. I see there will e a feature on the revival in the RP tomorrow

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net