Latest News:

NEXT MATCHES

1st XV v Wasps, Sat 28th Oct, 3pm

London Cornish (Dukes) v Druids, Sat 28th Oct, 2pm

Best wishes
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
23 September, 2017 17:06
Worcester Warriors fan in peace.

Really pleased to see the Dragon stirring again down in the smoke. I really enjoyed our visits to ODP when we were in the Championship and was sorry to see how things turned out.

Good luck for the season ahead and over the next 5 years on your journey back to the National League.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

Re: Best wishes
23 September, 2017 17:59
Quote:
Brummagem Bertie
Worcester Warriors fan in peace.
Really pleased to see the Dragon stirring again down in the smoke. I really enjoyed our visits to ODP when we were in the Championship and was sorry to see how things turned out.

Good luck for the season ahead and over the next 5 years on your journey back to the National League.

Thanks we will do it sustainably also. Might see you in a few seasons!

Ellie Crisell (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 13:24
Can someone tell me the route back up the leagues?

Herts/Middx 1
London South West 3
London South West 2
London South West 1
then finally into National 3 London.

Is that correct?

Mark W-J (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 13:50
It'll most likely be London North West, but I think that's the gist of it.
London 1 is just split North/ South.
National 3 London has been rebranded London & South East Premier from the start of this season.

29 September, 2017 15:16
Quote:
Ellie Crisell
Can someone tell me the route back up the leagues?
Herts/Middx 1
London South West 3
London South West 2
London South West 1
then finally into National 3 London.

Is that correct?

Hi Eliie,

That's correct but we could end up in the London North West stream as Vermulians (who got promoted last year) have.

The objective the board has set is four promotions in five years as set out in the AGM on 31st Of May (link below). This gets us to level 5 (National 3). This objectives includes promotion this season.

There are a lot of very ambitious teams in our current league and the leagues above us so it will need the whole club to get behind the team to achieve this aim.

FYI - We believe that from London 2 (level 5) onwards there are semi professional teams who we will be competing against.

A decision was taken not to pay players this season (due the need to pay rent and coaches), and we are very proud of the commitment and dedication being shown by the current group of players to the change in mindset of the new coaching set-up. We intend to review the position on paying players at the AGM every year, and make decision based on available funds.

If anyone wishes to get involved with the club to help it build from our current position in whatever capacity (helping with recruitment, match day organisation, club links) please contact a member of the board.

[www.londonwelshrfc.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net