NEXT MATCHES

Staines RFC v 1st XV, Sat 16th Dec, 2pm

Whitton Lions RFC v Occies, Sat 16th Dec, 2pm

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Saracens Amateurs v LW 1st XV 21st October 3pm Kick off
taff in sevenoaks (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 10:36
The public transport options are Piccadilly Line from South Ealing (bus route 65 from outside Pagoda End of ODP) to Southgate & then bus 125 to Chaseside or drive if no LWSC bus. Hopefully Chappers will be along in due course. Hopefully NLD will advsie as to whether there is any food, if not there are pubs around Southgate station area.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2017 15:30 by taff in sevenoaks.

Re: Saracens Amateurs v LW 21st October
Blackheath Welsh (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 10:39
Quote:
taff in sevenoaks
The public transport options are Piccadilly Line from South Ealing (bus route 65 from outside Pagoda End of ODP) to Southgate & then bus 125 to Chaseside or drive if no LWSC bus. Hopefully Chappers will be along in due course. Hopefully NLD will advsie as to whether there is any food, if not there are pubs around Southgatestation area.

taff in sevenoaks, giving everyone three weeks notice, will very likely given everyone a chance to answer your questions, 😂

Edited to change notice from 2 weeks to 3 weeks!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2017 10:41 by Blackheath Welsh.

01 October, 2017 10:44
BW, I am aware of that. but I am not at ODP Dydd Sadwrn & there is no scheduled 1st XV match the following week

01 October, 2017 10:51
Quote:
taff in sevenoaks
BW, I am aware of that. but I am not at ODP Dydd Sadwrn & there is no scheduled 1st XV match the following week

We have a week off, due to not being in The Cup Competition. Don’t understand the rest of your post, all I sad is three weeks notice, will allow your questions to be answered (dam noticed the lol picture has disappeared), so if for some reason, you believe I have been disrespectful to you?, happy to discuss via PMs. But this will stop me looking into hopefully being able to answer some of your questions

Re: Saracens Amateurs v LW 1st XV 21st October
01 October, 2017 10:56
For those that may not know where Saracens Amateurs play?

The following details taken from Saracens Amateurs website:

[www.saracensamateurrugby.com]

Saracens Amateur RFC Limited
Bramley Sports Ground
Green Road
London
Greater London
N14 4AB

nld (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 11:37
Tube to Southgate and then walk or 298/699 bus to the ground. Good bar and food at Saracens.

01 October, 2017 11:45
As BW & I were saying by PM, the 298 starts from/terminates at Arnos Grove tube (the stop before Southgate). For those coming up from Surrey, the Victoria Line stops at Finsbury Park where you catch the Piccadilly Line there.

nld (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 11:59
Quote:
taff in sevenoaks
As BW & I were saying by PM, the 298 starts from/terminates at Arnos Grove tube (the stop before Southgate). For those coming up from Surrey, the Victoria Line stops at Finsbury Park where you catch the Piccadilly Line there.

But then you'd miss the iconic architectural design of Southgate Station.....

01 October, 2017 12:36
Quote:
nld
Quote:
taff in sevenoaks

But then you'd miss the iconic architectural design of Southgate Station.....
Point noted NLD.

Re: Saracens Amateurs v LW 1st XV 21st October 3pm Kick off
11 October, 2017 17:06
Taken from Saracens Amateurs website:

Saracens VS London Welsh

5 rounds into the league and Saracens Amateur 1st XV have won 4, lost 1.

On Saturday 21st October they face London Welsh RFC at Bramley Road who have also won 4, lost 1.

This match has all the makings of a hard fought contest between two great rugby clubs. Make sure that you are there to enjoy it.

Arrive early to enjoy Saracens Amateur 2nd XV v Hitchin Rugby Club 2nd XV at 2.00pm.

FREE admission and bar and food available.

nld (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 17:06
Saracens have confirmed that it will be a 3pm ko.

They have a good club house and always offer a warm welcome. The bar and a kitchen will open from 12.00 so all can be satisfied.

Covered seating in the grandstand for those that prefer a little more comfort and not too far to travel if you also want to take in Saracens v Ospreys at Allianz later in the day.

11 October, 2017 17:29
BW, is Bramley Road the one you mentioned just of the bus 298 & 699 bus routes? No response from Chappers on the LWSC front, so like you I would assume no bus. I am likely to be coming up the Victoria Line & changing at Finsbury Park (the good news is that a 'wendyball' club in that part of London is not playing at home that day.

nld (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 17:34
Quote:
taff in sevenoaks
BW, is Bramley Road the one you mentioned just of the bus 298 & 699 bus routes? No response from Chappers on the LWSC front, so like you I would assume no bus. I am likely to be coming up the Victoria Line & changing at Finsbury Park (the good news is that a 'wendyball' club in that part of London is not playing at home that day.

That's the one. Stop U (Green Rd) on Chase Side. Jump on one of those two buses at Southgate Station and it will take you straight there!

12 October, 2017 15:32
They really want to beat us....

[www.londonwelshrfc.com]

13 October, 2017 10:35
Further to the post by nld on Wednesday, Saracens (Professional) v Ospreys is a 19:45 kick off.

17 October, 2017 17:18
Also further to the 'parish notice' by NLD last week, bus 298 runs every 20 minutes, the bad news is that bus 699 is a school days only service. So NLD, having visited Southgate before, when cricket was played at the John Walker ground, it looks like bus 298 from Arnos Grove for me

19 October, 2017 12:25
If anyone wishes to meet at the Arnos Arms (next door to the tube station & bus terminus for the 298) around 13:00 ish, either PM or post here. Menus here: https://www.arnosarms.com/menus

19 October, 2017 13:27
Teams are up. Three senior men's teams representing our club this weekend.

1st Team away at Saracens AFC (3pm KO): Jon Shankland and Simon Davies are injured, Cai Griffiths stays in the row for the crucial league game. Tyrone Pelasio a Kiwi flanker makes his first appearance.

[www.londonwelshrfc.com]

2nd Team (Druids) home against Wasps FC 2nds (2pm KO): Some new faces but some strong players all over this team, expecting Dan jones, Nathaniel Forbes and Kyle Best to lead the forwards through.

[www.londonwelshrfc.com]

3rd Team Occasionals home v BoE 3rd XV (2pm KO):

[www.londonwelshrfc.com]

Good luck boys play well make it a good weekend for the club.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/10/2017 09:27 by London Welsh Rugby Club Back Office.

19 October, 2017 13:37
Quote:
London Welsh Rugby Club Back Office

Does LWWRFC (playing on Sunday) not represent the Club anymore???

19 October, 2017 14:05
Quote:
Blackheath Welsh
Quote:

The women's team is a hugely important part of our club and funded accordingly, the post did say 'Senior Men's' teams which the ladies don't fall into, along with all our junior teams. We also have not had the women's team sheet yet either.

19 October, 2017 14:26
Quote:
Quote:
Blackheath Welsh
Quote:

The women's team is a hugely important part of our club and funded accordingly, the post did say 'Senior Men's' teams which the ladies don't fall into, along with all our junior teams. We also have not had the women's team sheet yet either.

Thanks for that!

21 October, 2017 18:03
Good performance, considering the conditions, the final score was Saracens 10 - LW 49. Great to see so many faces, new & not so new in the LW contingent (around 60 of us). BW did you make it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/10/2017 18:06 by taff in sevenoaks.

21 October, 2017 18:22
Yes made it! Arrived early to watch Saracens Amateurs 2nds Match, but end up being interview for a new rugby magazine, hopefully being released in December to be called ‘Rugby”, it sounds like it’s going to be a very interesting magazine and I wish them well in the venture.

22 October, 2017 12:41
To be fair to our wonderful hosts, they did deserve their try. Surprised to see Sonny on the pitch as wasn't ma,ed in the 18, NLD was this a last minute change?

nld (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 19:39
Quote:
taff in sevenoaks
To be fair to our wonderful hosts, they did deserve their try. Surprised to see Sonny on the pitch as wasn't ma,ed in the 18, NLD was this a last minute change?

I believe that Seb Warwick became unavailable late Friday or early Sat so Sonny was added to the squad instead.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net