14 Giles Grainger
15 Jonathan Shankland

16 Daniel Evans
17 David Barrington
18 Rob Richards
19 Josh Meadowcroft
20 John Tanguay

[www.londonwelshrfc.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/10/2017 16:34 by London Welsh Rugby Club Back Office.

Re: Squads for Saturday 28th of October
taff in sevenoaks (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 18:21
Is the 1st XV the definitive 18 for Dydd Sadwrn? I do recall our wonderful Director of Rugby not being in the 18 last week, but as the 100+ of us who were @ Saracens Amateur discovered Sonny came on & scored the final try on the right wing.

Blackheath Welsh (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 18:31
Quote:
taff in sevenoaks
Is the 1st XV the definitive 18 for Dydd Sadwrn? I do recall our wonderful Director of Rugby not being in the 18 last week, but as the 100+ of us who were @ Saracens Amateur discovered Sonny came on & scored the final try on the right wing.

taff in sevenoaks, this is the squads posted by the Club, so unless a injury/player becomes unavailable between now and Saturday, the above will be playing! Last weekend a player became unavailable, so Soony played.

Quote:
nld
Quote:
taff in sevenoaks
To be fair to our wonderful hosts, they did deserve their try. Surprised to see Sonny on the pitch as wasn't ma,ed in the 18, NLD was this a last minute change?

I believe that Seb Warwick became unavailable late Friday or early Sat so Sonny was added to the squad instead.

26 October, 2017 19:46
Diolch yn fawr BW

27 October, 2017 08:34
Quote:
Blackheath Welsh
Quote:
taff in sevenoaks

taff in sevenoaks, this is the squads posted by the Club, so unless a injury/player becomes unavailable between now and Saturday, the above will be playing! Last weekend a player became unavailable, so Soony played.

Quote:
nld
Quote:
taff in sevenoaks
To be fair to our wonderful hosts, they did deserve their try. Surprised to see Sonny on the pitch as wasn't ma,ed in the 18, NLD was this a last minute change?

I believe that Seb Warwick became unavailable late Friday or early Sat so Sonny was added to the squad instead.

Exactly, our players do not get paid to play therefore are not contractually obliged to be there for every game but we would hope they want to be there due to the club culture and the enjoyment they get out of it.

Mark W-J (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 08:48
Quote:
taff in sevenoaks
How many times have you been to a game and there have been no changes from the team published in the programme? Remember Lyn Jones' ploy of naming 15 players in then programme and 15 different players running out on Saturday afternoon? Not that I'm suggesting our current management would be so devious...

27 October, 2017 12:37
Pob lwc i'r ddau sgwadiau yfory, 2 yn ennill os gwelwch yn dda.

27 October, 2017 13:07
Quote:
Mark W-J
Quote:
taff in sevenoaks
How many times have you been to a game and there have been no changes from the team published in the programme? Remember Lyn Jones' ploy of naming 15 players in then programme and 15 different players running out on Saturday afternoon? Not that I'm suggesting our current management would be so devious...

I Believe Seb's grandfather died hence the late change, Sonny has not selected himself for the squad this week even after a try scoring display.

Some tough selections this week and two very strong squads. The squad is growing and competition for places is strong, Kyle Best, Alex Laybourne and Jon Shankland have featured in most 1st XV squads this season but are selected in the Druids (2nd XV) squad this week. This is due to strong displays from new recruits forward Tyron Pelasio and full back Rhys Davies. We will need all our players committed and available as we go through the season.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net