Actonians RFC v 1st XV, Sat 25 Nov, 2.30pm

Twickenham 2nd XV v Druids, Sat 25 Nov, 2.30pm

Occies v Twickenham 3rd XV, Sat 25 Nov, 2.30pm

U18s v Old Elthamians RFC U18s, Sun 26 Nov, 1pm

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
BoE v London Welsh Sat 4th November
30 October, 2017 09:07
Big game week for our 1st XV squad, against top of the table BoE, looks like no major injuries from Saturday. Jon Shankland (back three), Courtney Maggs-Jones (Hooker), Dylan Pugh (Fly half / scrum Half) & Simon Davies (back three) (depending on re-hab) could all be potentially back available and will give some selection headaches. Hearing that scrum half Ellis Staines (our very own Mike Phillips a like) from Burry Port might not be available.

If you haven't been before the Bank of England Ground you're in for a treat, one of the most luxurious rugby environments around!

The club could potentially book a mini bus from Old Deer Park up to the ground if there's enough interest. Details to follow here shortly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/10/2017 11:29 by London Welsh Rugby Club Back Office.

Re: BoE v London Welsh Sat 4th November
garrob1966 (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 10:55
What's parking like down there? I looked on Google and there does appear to be a decent car park but there is a manned gate at the entrance and I'm not sure if it will be open on Saturday

nld (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 11:14
Quote:
garrob1966
What's parking like down there? I looked on Google and there does appear to be a decent car park but there is a manned gate at the entrance and I'm not sure if it will be open on Saturday

Gate will be open. Just mention that you are there for the rugby match and they'll let you in. If car parks are full then there's parking on the local roads.

Kick off has been confirmed as 2.30.

one sais fits all (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 15:19
Hope they'll have more than one member of bar staff working

30 October, 2017 15:21
Quote:
one sais fits all
Hope they'll have more than one member of bar staff working

Take a few cans they don't need the cash over the bar like we do!!

GarethR (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 15:28
Checked with the BofE club. If there is no parking in the ground, there is on-road parking in Roedean Cres. Should be a tight game!

Y Drenewydd (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 16:16

Blackheath Welsh (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 16:37
Quote:
Y Drenewydd
B of E Club link ...
Crikey ... what’s the dress code!!?

Black tie, after 8pm???(Sm100)

31 October, 2017 16:41
They throw the riff raff out after 8pm!! Seriously it's a lovely ground and the facilities for a sports club are second to none, not geared to large rugby crowds but it will have to cope with us on Sat!! COYW, LWFAMILY!!

taff in sevenoaks (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 17:02
I only wish that I could make Saturday, but work commitments mean that I will have to follow via social media:
Cymraeg ddod ar Lundain, buddugoliaeth arall os gwelwch yn dda

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/10/2017 17:03 by taff in sevenoaks.

garrob1966 (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 07:40
Quick FYI for those driving to Roehampton on Saturday. There is of course a game at HQ (Baa-Baas Vs Oz) so probably best not to go via M3/A316!!

02 November, 2017 08:32
Bit forgetting Rosslyn Park are playing Plymouth Albion in National 1

nld (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 10:47
From B of E

"The Bank of England Sports Club will be very busy on Saturday with 3 rugby, 2 soccer, 2 hockey games at home plus other events. We ask that visiting teams share transport wherever possible and park outside the club in Bank Lane or Roehampton Gate. Patience and flexibility at times when using the Sports Club facilities during the day would also be appreciated."

02 November, 2017 10:56
Quote:
nld
From B of E
"The Bank of England Sports Club will be very busy on Saturday with 3 rugby, 2 soccer, 2 hockey games at home plus other events. We ask that visiting teams share transport wherever possible and park outside the club in Bank Lane or Roehampton Gate. Patience and flexibility at times when using the Sports Club facilities during the day would also be appreciated."

Get there early enjoy the facilities, and leave a bit later to avoid the gridlock!

GarethR (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 11:10
Re parking for the match. I had this from BoE

Hi Gareth,

Only slight complicating factor might be that our 2nds and 3rds both also have home games that day, before the First XV match. So if you want to be on the safe side you could aim to arrive before 12 and fill in the spare time with a spot of lunch or a bracing walk in Richmond Park. I've never actually checked out the street parking with three home matches back-to-back on one day before.

(The Roehampton Gate car park in Richmond Park is a further back-up option for parking, as it's only about ten minutes walk from the club - but it's often busy on a Saturday)

Shame I'm driving - could've got a few in before the match!

garrob1966 (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 11:34
Richmond Gate - That's a rather nice thought, if the weather's nice!

Just checked, looks like the gates close early

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2017 11:42 by garrob1966.

garrob1966 (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 11:34
Richmond Gate - That's a rather nice thought, if the weather's nice!

03 November, 2017 08:32
Team up on website Sonny,on bench: [www.londonwelshrfc.com]

03 November, 2017 09:23
Quote:
taff in sevenoaks
Team up on website Sonny,on bench: [www.londonwelshrfc.com]

Flanker Morgan Browne and scrum half Elis Staines are unavailable. So 1st XV squad regulars Alex Laybourne and Alex Hall come back into the side. (Elis Staines from Burry Port and is in St Mary's University is unavailable due a long standing commitment).

Jon Shankland (full back), Simon Davies (full back), Dylan Pugh (scrum half), Andy Steptoe (flanker) all unavailable due to injury.

If you're not making the short journey to BoE, Druids and Occasionals are playing Hampstead 3 and Uxbridge both 2.30pm kick offs at ODP.

Here's to a good weekend very nervous about those BoE back I have to say!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2017 11:34 by London Welsh Rugby Club Back Office.

scarlet fever (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 11:11
I know Elis is absolutely gutted he is not available for selection. He is abroad on a long standing commitment he made well before joining the club. I know he will be following the boys on social media and wishes them all the best.
Cofion ac ymlaen
COYW!

03 November, 2017 11:33
Quote:
scarlet fever
I know Elis is absolutely gutted he is not available for selection. He is abroad on a long standing commitment he made well before joining the club. I know he will be following the boys on social media and wishes them all the best.
Cofion ac ymlaen
COYW!

Diolch am yr wybodaeth - Elis had a cracking game last weekend, strong player and looking forward to seeing him back in the squad soon.

new paddytaf (IP Logged)
05 November, 2017 14:43
Wow! What a game of rugby, all of those poor misguided soles that went to HQ for The All Blacks v The All Blacks missed a real cracker of a game in Roehampton, where both teams and replacements played their hearts out for the full 80 minutes plus added on time. After the game I along with others were talking to some BOE players all of who were MAGNANIMOUS in defeat and are without any doubt, what is the true meaning of sportmanship. Yesterday was without doubt a great advert for the game as well as a game to live very long in the memory. (Sm152) (Sm152) well done to everyone. PADDYTAF.

05 November, 2017 15:12
Totally agree Derek, more of the same bois v London French, but better disciplne please. Although I couldn't get ehre sounded like a good game via LW twitter.

Daps (IP Logged)
05 November, 2017 16:40
I agree Paddytaf, thought that it was a fantastic game of rugby played by two very committed teams.

The other thing that really stood out was the size of the crowd. I hope that both sets of players enjoyed playing in front of that many people, I know the Welsh players really seem to enjoy it. Hopefully there will be twice as many coming along to watch for the return leg at ODP in January.

06 November, 2017 08:48
Well that was an enjoyable afternoon of rugby, match report here:

[www.londonwelshrfc.com]

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net