Staines RFC v 1st XV, Sat 16th Dec, 2pm

Whitton Lions RFC v Occies, Sat 16th Dec, 2pm

Sutton & Epsom v U18s, Sun 17 Dec, 11am

U16s v Hitchin, Sun 17th Dec, 11am

Teddington v U15s, Sun 17 Dec, 11am

Supporters bus to Staines
Blackheath Welsh (IP Logged)
17 November, 2017 21:59
The Club/Supporters Club will run a supporters bus from Old Deer Park to Staines on Saturday 16th December. The 20 seater vehicle will cost £10 per person, leaving ODP at 12.30 pm, returning at 4.30pm.

Re: Supporters bus to Staines
taff in sevenoaks (IP Logged)
17 November, 2017 22:23
Hi Steve, an email was sent out to all members about half an hour ago.

peterh64 (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 11:21
what will the traffic be like?

Mark W-J (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 13:22
Should be fairly quiet. If you come M40/ M25/ M3 there shouldn't be any major events that would make the traffic any worse than usual.

19 November, 2017 15:20
Hi Mark WJ,

Where can I find a definitive list of B & I Fixtures, according to BBC ther are 2 fixtures at the other end of ODP when we go to Staines, Scottish v our Celetic Cousins from the Channel Islands & Richmond v Connacht A, wrong date these games are on 9th Dec when we play Royston @ ODP. As a consequence traffic should be lighter than on a typical match day

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/11/2017 15:33 by taff in sevenoaks.

Mark W-J (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 12:33
Try this: [www.englandrugby.com]

Richmond v Connacht on 9th December, Scottish v Jersey on 16th December.

20 November, 2017 13:10
Diolch ynfawr iawn. It is possible that traffic might be slow on the A40 as Ealing are playing Rotherham Titans.Keep the rhyfeddol work & columns in the program going

20 November, 2017 14:06
Quote:
taff in sevenoaks
Diolch ynfawr iawn. It is possible that traffic might be slow on the A40 as Ealing are playing Rotherham Titans.Keep the rhyfeddol work & columns in the program going

Think itís more likely the roads will be more busy, due to the following:

Arsenal v Newcastle, Chelsea v Southampton, Watford v Huddersfield, Millwall v Sheffield United and of course the big local grudge match, Brentford v Fulham!; will cause more problems on the roads than Ealing v Rotherham, no disrespect to both teams, but Association Football get bigger home and away crowds attending than a Championship match.

20 November, 2017 15:47
Just to confirm:-

The Club/Supporters Club will run a supporters bus from Old Deer Park to Staines on Saturday 16th December for the important league game. The 20 seater vehicle will cost £10 per person, leaving ODP at 12.30 pm, returning at 4.30pm.

If you would like to book a place please contact Justin Musson, or email club office on

Office@londonwelshrfc.com

They gave us a lovely welcome for the summer friendly and had some cracking burgers! Hopefully we don't get any more serious injuries.

peterh64 (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 15:47
I meant in Oxford

20 November, 2017 16:00
Quote:
peterh64
I meant in Oxford

Peter, I was responding to taff in sevenoaks.

I would expect the M25 to be its usually slow moving traffic and that will be the same for M4/A4 and possibly the M3 will be the same, with Southampton travelling to Chelsea, but of course, it will all depend on what time you leave Oxford at? I usually pass Oxford on M40 at about 11ish and the M25/M4/A4 route are usually moving ok, but any later, it becomes very stop/start in my experience.

20 November, 2017 21:18
Noswydda BW,

Brentford v Fulham is on the same day as the Royston match. The two Premier League games that you mentioned are on the 16th at 3pm & Millwall is the other side of the Thames from ODP.

20 November, 2017 22:10
My apologies tis, on the 16 Dec, Brentford v Barnsley! My point is that the M4/A4/Chiswick roundabout will be very busy, naturally a problem you will not face, coming up from Sevenoaks? But then again you started it, by talking about Ealing v Rotherham, remind me, which side of the Thames are Ealing? (Millwall are on the South side of the Thames, just like ODP!)

20 November, 2017 22:38
Ealing is on the other side of the Thames to ODP.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/11/2017 23:12 by taff in sevenoaks.

chappers (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 17:48
does anyone know if it is going to be sunny or shall I bring a brolly

nld (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 18:05
Quote:
chappers
does anyone know if it is going to be sunny or shall I bring a brolly

The rain in Staines falls mainly on the plains.

Y Drenewydd (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 18:42
Itís simple ..
Bring a brolly ,
And plenty of lolly
Then Head West, (or East in Chappers case)
And let the team do the rest !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/11/2017 19:05 by Y Drenewydd.

peterh64 (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 11:11
Quote:
Y Drenewydd
Itís simple ..
Bring a brolly ,
And plenty of lolly
Then Head West, (or East in Chappers case)
And let the team do the rest !

Ah the bard of Old Deer Park!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net