rugbyunion
Latest News:

NEXT MATCHES

Reminder - Dragons Den is an unofficial Rugby Forum (ran by volunteers)

All match details are taken from the Clubs Website or Weekly Update Email (please contact LW or the home Club to confirm match details if you believe the wrong details have been posted and then, please post an update on Dragons Den)

—————

Tabard RFC v LW 1st XV, Sat 22th Sep - FT: 18 - 26

Belsize Park 3rd XV v Druids LW 2nd XV, Sat 22th Sep - FT: 7 - 26

Occies LW 3rd XV v Ealing Exiles, Sat 22 Sep

Call Off after 60 minutes (due to injury to a LW Player - broken leg) Result: 12 - 22

—————

LW 1st XV v Harrow 1st XV, Sat 29th Sep, 3pm

Druids LW 2nd XV v Ealing 2nd XV, Sat 29th Sep, 2pm

The Hampstead 4th XV v Occies LW 3rd XV, Sat 29th Sep, tbc

LW 1st XV v UCSOB 13 January 2018
08 January, 2018 09:35
Home game at ODP. Kick off again at 2pm.

Our only loss of the season so far was to UCSOB away and we will be looking to put that right next Saturday.

No members lunch, but the hatch will be open for food.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2018 09:37 by London Welsh Rugby Club Back Office.

Re: LW 1st XV v UCSOB 13 January 2018
Y Drenewydd (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 13:57
Lets hope the memory of that fantastic UCSOB pitch motivates the lads to get a W this time .

Beware of their No 8 tho.

COYW
PS

(Reporting from the French Alps where I’m glad to say my legs have found their feet with the help of the odd glass of red.

I can also confirm that the French keep the best slurp for themselves + they have the inate ablility to distill any plant that pokes it head above terroir into something that usually renders me speechless but obviously not for this rambling ps)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2018 14:00 by Y Drenewydd.

08 January, 2018 14:12
Quote:
Y Drenewydd
Lets hope the memory of that fantastic UCSOB pitch motivates the lads to get a W this time .
Beware of their No 8 tho.

COYW
PS

(Reporting from the French Alps where I’m glad to say my legs have found their feet with the help of the odd glass of red.

I can also confirm that the French keep the best slurp for themselves + they have the inate ablility to distill any plant that pokes it head above terroir into something that usually renders me speechless but obviously not for this rambling ps)

Yes the UCSOB back row that day were impressive, but our boys will be well up for this one.

PS : Don't drink too much slurp before getting on the slopes!

taff in sevenoaks (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 14:17
Despite not being at the first game or ODP this coming weekend I would like a better result & than last time and also a better performance than Saturday just gone.

COYW, keep the winning run going

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2018 16:15 by taff in sevenoaks.

nld (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 20:11
Pressure is on Bank this Saturday. So far this season their away form is nothing like as good as home, it's an open and blustery ground plus a soggy pitch won't help. Wouldn't be surprised if Royston won by a handful of points.

one sais fits all (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 22:16
Ucs beat French 15-14 saturday. I assume it was a friendly as the game was given as postponed on rfu London site

nld (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 22:46
Quote:
one sais fits all
Ucs beat French 15-14 saturday. I assume it was a friendly as the game was given as postponed on rfu London site

It was a friendly.

09 January, 2018 09:11
Quote:
nld
Quote:
one sais fits all

It was a friendly.

London French causing the postponement again?

nld (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 09:25
Quote:
London Welsh Rugby Club Back Office
Quote:
nld
Quote:
one sais fits all

It was a friendly.

London French causing the postponement again?

No. Believe it was due to the ongoing pitch problem for UCSOB.

Y Drenewydd (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 16:06
Not surprised, apart from the sloping all ways postage stamp sized pitch there was a hard cricket wicket about 1m from the lower sideline that was like an ice rink even without studs. Hope it doesn’t claim anybody before the season ends .

Best team won on the day tho ,but they must be looking forward to getting back to their own ground .

one sais fits all (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 20:29
Judging by the pictures it was a mud bath. I guess the ref called it off but the teams played unofficially.

nld (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 21:52
Quote:
one sais fits all
Judging by the pictures it was a mud bath. I guess the ref called it off but the teams played unofficially.

I think it's more likely to have been postponed because UCSOB still haven't got a pitch that is acceptable to the league. They can't play league fixtures at the Finchley ground and haven't played any (competitive) home games since our match in Sept.

nld (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 19:52
Quote:
Y Drenewydd
Not surprised, apart from the sloping all ways postage stamp sized pitch there was a hard cricket wicket about 1m from the lower sideline that was like an ice rink even without studs. Hope it doesn’t claim anybody before the season ends .

Best team won on the day tho
,but they must be looking forward to getting back to their own ground .

Absolutely right. They have been the better team in the last two 1st XV fixtures between our clubs and deserved to win both.

nld (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 19:52
Druids v H&F 5 will kick off at 1.30 pm on pitch 2.

11 January, 2018 11:32
Match preview here:

[www.londonwelshrfc.com]

Team selection tomorrow, we are not aware of any injuries to report, although 1st XV captain Lloyd Davies is still unavailable.

12 January, 2018 12:07
Team selection for UCSOB KO 2pm

1 Marc Weir

2 Chris Carns

3 Samuel Mahoney

4 Cai Griffiths

5 Tomas Baldwin

6 Sam Canning-Birtles

7 Gareth Morgan

8 Tyron Pelasio

9 Elis Staines

10 Rhys Tudur Davies

11 Fred Clelland

12 Ben Francis

13 Rhys Howells

14 David Gabe

15 Rory Noble

Substitutes

SUB Oliver Smart

SUB Wil Davies

SUB Ben Cullen

Sam Canning-Birtles comes back into the back-row in place of Alex Laybourne. Ben Cullen drops to the bench after an excellent performance last week.

#COYW

nld (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 19:45
Quote:
nld
Pressure is on Bank this Saturday. So far this season their away form is nothing like as good as home, it's an open and blustery ground plus a soggy pitch won't help. Wouldn't be surprised if Royston won by a handful of points.

A bit more than a handful of points in Royston's margin and proves that Royston isn't an easy place to visit!

Impressive performance by UCSOB today and they fully deserved the bonus point. Task ahead remains simple - win every game!

nld (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 12:53
[www.walesonline.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/01/2018 12:54 by nld.

15 January, 2018 09:17
Seems like Cai's head injury has gone viral

This is what everyone is looking at, Warning not pleasant.

[support.twitter.com]

Cai and the boys are spilling their blood for the club, our players are not getting paid and are playing for the love of it.

garrob1966 (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 09:58
Watched the video last night (Wales On Line). Pretty graphic. 18 Certificate

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net