rugbyunion
Latest News:

NEXT MATCHES

Reminder - Dragons Den is an unofficial Rugby Forum (ran by volunteers)

All match details are taken from the Clubs Website or Weekly Update Email (please contact LW or the home Club to confirm match details if you believe the wrong details have been posted and then, please post an update on Dragons Den)

—————

Double Header Friendly

Caldicot RFC v Druids LW 2nd XV, Sat 18th Aug, 1pm (Win: 15 - 17)

Caldicot RFC v LW 1st XV, Sat 18th Aug, 1pm (Lost: 26 - 10)

——

Friendly

Staines v LW 1st XV, Thu 23rd Aug, 8pm

——

Double Header Friendly

Grasshoppers RFC v Druids LW 2nd XV, Sat 1st Sep, 1pm

Grasshoppers RFC v LW 1st XV, Sat 1st Sep, 3.30pm

—————

2018/19 League Season

London 3 NW: Datchworth v LW 1st XV, Sat 8th Sep, 3pm

MMT 1: Esher Abbots v Druids LW 2nd XV, Sat 8th Sep, 2pm

Women’s NC SE West 1: Portsmouth Valkyries v LWWRFC, Sun 9th Sep, tbc

Barnet v London Welsh 1st XV Saturday 27th January
16 January, 2018 10:42
Another good away win for Barnet against Hendon (who put a good performance against us at ODP), we cannot be complacent with this fixture this is going to be a tough one. Not sure what has happened to them (new recruits NLD?).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/01/2018 09:45 by London Welsh Rugby Club Back Office.

Re: Barnet v London Welsh 1st XV Saturday 27th January
nld (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 18:20
They were missing a front row against us but were transformed when they had a full pack against Bank. They'll try to take us on up front and hope that the (inevitably) heavy pitch works in their favour. We've come unstuck there in the past so definitely not a match to take for granted.

Another good rugby club to visit and well worth the trip 'up north'. Very drinkable IPA at the bar and food available.

one sais fits all (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 21:40
Usually one score games either way up there in past encounters. Even got a little bit of cover there if needed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/01/2018 08:59 by one sais fits all.

Mark W-J (IP Logged)
17 January, 2018 07:50
They've won seven of their last eight games, including that 41-15 thrashing of Bank, but they inexplicably followed that up with a 17-14 defeat at London French. But they have improved massively since we met earlier in the season.

17 January, 2018 09:47
Quote:
Mark W-J
They've won seven of their last eight games, including that 41-15 thrashing of Bank, but they inexplicably followed that up with a 17-14 defeat at London French. But they have improved massively since we met earlier in the season.

Our players need to dig deep for this one again, and not look too far ahead. Hopefully Cai's cut will be ok for him to play.

new paddytaf (IP Logged)
17 January, 2018 10:33
Sadly and very regretfully I won't be there as my little Granddaughter is staying with us that weekend. As much as I would love to be there err in doors has said I must be there for when she arrives Grrrrrrrrrr. I love my little Granddaughter to bits and I obviously want to be there for her. Rugby is important, but, not as important as family. Sorry not even LONDON WELSH. PADDYTAF.

eddie57 (IP Logged)
21 January, 2018 18:27
I presume there's no Supporters Club Bus for this one? Any tips on best way to get to the ground or is there a decent pub where we could meet near High Barnet Tube station and book a taxi?

nld (IP Logged)
21 January, 2018 19:33
Quote:
eddie57
I presume there's no Supporters Club Bus for this one? Any tips on best way to get to the ground or is there a decent pub where we could meet near High Barnet Tube station and book a taxi?

263, 307 (to Bells Hill) and 326 (to end of route behind The Spires) buses get you from the station to as close to the ground as is possible by public transport. Nearest pub to the station is The Mitre. Good choice of beers and a well run pub.

taff in sevenoaks (IP Logged)
22 January, 2018 00:19
eddie57, you are correct in presuming there will be no LWSC official transport to Barnet for the game this weekend.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/01/2018 00:21 by taff in sevenoaks.

eddie57 (IP Logged)
22 January, 2018 10:42
Thanks for the prompt replies. Google maps predicts a 20 minute walk to ground from The Mitre - but I guess that depends on how many real ales we have beforehand! Do BE have a decent bar and has anyone advised them to fill their stocks as I seem to remember B of E running out after 15 minutes?

nld (IP Logged)
22 January, 2018 10:58
Quote:
eddie57
Thanks for the prompt replies. Google maps predicts a 20 minute walk to ground from The Mitre - but I guess that depends on how many real ales we have beforehand! Do BE have a decent bar and has anyone advised them to fill their stocks as I seem to remember B of E running out after 15 minutes?

That's a reasonable estimate of the walking time - you could always cross the road and jump on a bus outside the Red Lion for a couple of stops if you've enjoyed The Mitre a little too much!

Barnet were in touch last week asking whether we would have many supporters travelling so that they could stock up accordingly. Greene King IPA on hand pump which has been very drinkable on my previous visits....

Mark W-J (IP Logged)
22 January, 2018 10:59
Quote:
eddie57

Quote:
nld
Another good rugby club to visit and well worth the trip 'up north'. Very drinkable IPA at the bar and food available.

I know that Gwyn regularly gets phone calls in the week before away fixtures from the opposition chairman, asking how many fans we're likely to be bringing so that they can judge how much stock to get in.

EDIT: or, what Nigel said.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/01/2018 11:00 by Mark W-J.

nld (IP Logged)
22 January, 2018 14:04
Quote:
eddie57

And if you want to see some graffiti by Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor then take a short diversion to The Lord Nelson on West End Lane (off Bells Hill).

nld (IP Logged)
25 January, 2018 18:14
All confirmed for a 2pm ko this Saturday. It's a going to be boggy on the touchlines so don't wear your finest shoes!

Think this could be one of the toughest matches of the season and will need us at our best for the full 80 minutes. They've had a good run of results since beginning of December and will relish being at home.

one sais fits all (IP Logged)
25 January, 2018 18:32
Would be happy with the last minute penalty winner like the last time we played them there.

26 January, 2018 09:45
1st XV Team v Barnet

1 Cai Griffiths

2 Ben Cullen

3 Samuel Mahoney

4 Tomas Baldwin

5 Alex Laybourne

6 Gareth Morgan

7 Morgan Browne

8 Tyron Pelasio

9 kieran Phillips Tebb

10 Lloyd Davies

11 Jonathan Shankland

12 Ben Francis

13 Sonny Toi Parker

14 Simon Davies

15 Rory Noble

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net