Welsh Exiles Assessment Day U14-U18, Wed 1st Aug, ODP, 9am - 3.30pm

Double Header - Friendly

1st XV and Druids, Away to Grasshoopers RFC, Sat 1st Sept, tbc

2018/19 League Season

London 3 NW: Datchworth v LW 1st XV, Sat 8th Sep, 3pm

Wasps v LW: 17 Feb 1i
Verd (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 11:07
Another great win and with Bank losing again I reckon we need just 8 more points for promotion.

However, Tyrone Pelasio appeared to be seriously injured towards the end of the game and eventually was taken away in an ambulance. Very worrying scenes for everybody who was there.. I am sure we all wish him well and a speedy full recovery. I am sure the club will keep us updated on his progress.

Re: Wasps v LW: 17 Feb 1i
Blackheath Welsh (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 11:15
I was at the Druids game against Hampstead (Hampstead 3rds 15-24 Druids) yesterday and as I travelled home, was following the match on Twitter, no mention of any of the above. Like Verd, I wish Tyrone well and speedy full recovery.

Verd (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 11:39
Just got an update from the club via Facebook. Tests are clear for Tyrone and he is ok. 😁🖒👍👏

Blackheath Welsh (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 11:43
Excellent news! Many thanks for the update

Mark W-J (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 12:30
Great news about Ty. I believe that Ben Francis has possibly broken his ankle and torn ligaments.

Following Bank's shock home defeat to Hendon yesterday, we can win promotion by beating them at ODP in two weeks' time.

Verd (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 12:53
Good point. Didn't think of that. A win against Bank and we go up.

Shame about Ben. Is it defo about the ankle?

Mark W-J (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 12:57
Not confirmed, but that was the initial opinion I heard when he was taken off to hospital.

taff in sevenoaks (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 14:56
Agreed Mark re: Ben's injury a few of us had to move to allow Ben to be helped off by Cai & ? All I was told was long term absence by private email last night.

18 February, 2018 15:23
Confirmed as fractured ankle.

nld (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 18:05
Ty still in hospital but being visited by the players this afternoon - looking at the messages he's going to need extra training after all the food they have lined up for him!

Latest update is that he's still a bit groggy but will be fine. LW take head injuries very seriously and have procedures in place for the necessary assessments before allowing to play again.

Best wishes go to him for a good recovery and a return to the pitch when the time is right.

Verd (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 18:37
Thanks for the update. Good news!

18 February, 2018 19:24
As the report on th website says, player welfare takes priority over a game of rugby. Hopefully Ty & Ben Davies can recover fully as soon as they are able to.

new paddytaf (IP Logged)
19 February, 2018 16:54
Sorry I couldn't be there on Saturday but my arthritis is so bad at the moment both the journey and maybe the standing even with my walking stick would have been a step to far. (No pun intended)

Absolutely brilliant result but as everyone else has said the injuries are a concern and like everyone else I wish both Ben and Tyrone a very speedy recovery. taffinsevenoaks has said Ben Davies when I think he means Ben Francis, easy mistake to make with all the Davies we have in the squad. (Absolutely nothing wrong with that) C'MON YOU WELSH. PADDYTAF.

19 February, 2018 22:19
You are 100% correct Paddytaf

garrob1966 (IP Logged)
20 February, 2018 07:19
Had a thought last night. Although mathematically we do need 8 points our next game is against Bank of England. IF (and it's a big IF) we get a bonus point win against BoE we would be promoted, even if they were to get 2 bonus points. We'd be on 84 they would be on 63 with only 20 points to play for. Of course we still have the title to go for

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net