Sun 22 Apr, tournament starts at 10.30am

—————

End of Season/Players Award Night, Fri 27 Apr, 7pm

—————

London Scottish Academy v Griffins, RAG, Sat 5 May, TBC

Which is the official club Twitter account
trickybroon (IP Logged)
02 April, 2018 17:42
At the moment there seems to be more than one plus the ladies team have their own.

Which is the official one?

The one with the blue tick (I assume the old pro club one?) Keeps retweeting political@#$%&irrelevant to rugby or the club and will be blocked if it continues.

The other one is fine and is i presume the old amateur clubs one.

Can we look at just using one account plus the ladies one & keeping it for club/rugby/Welsh sport matters not the administrators own, unwanted, political opinions?

To give them the benefit if the doubt if you use one of those multiple twitter account apps (Tweetcaster etc) it is very easy particularly after a few beverages to accidentally retweet or post something thinking its from your own personal account rather than an official club one.

We need to be careful with this as the club secretary at a non league football club I am involved with got in a whole heap of trouble with the FA & the club sponsor when he accidentally (quite correctly imho!) Thoroughly slagged of a match referee on the official twitter account rather than his own personal one. Entirely innocent & accidental but it really blew up.

Our social media presence is mostly excellent and does a great job in promoting us & the sport & we don't want to risk alienating potential supporters/sponsors with political opinions/retweets.

Re: Which is the official club Twitter account
Blackheath Welsh (IP Logged)
02 April, 2018 18:22
Trickybroon, good question and point, I will be very interested in the Clubs response to your question. I’ve heard some very strange rumours, about who have been given/surrender access to various LW Twitter accounts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2018 19:02 by Blackheath Welsh.

Re: Which is the official club Twitter account
07 April, 2018 14:55
There are currently two main twitter accounts (and various other related to the club):

@LondonWelshRFC - is historically the main club twitter account access to this has been kindly granted back to the club recently

@londonwelsharfc - what was the Amateur rugby club's account

Both accounts are run by club volunteers & content should be simlar on both accounts, a decision on the two accounts will be taken during this off season. The club appreciates peoples patience as certain issues are resolved.

The club has various other related twitter accounts:

@londonwelshwrfc - London welsh Women's rugby

@LWminiRFC - London Welsh mini rugby

@lwsupporters - London Welsh supporters club

@LWYouthRFC - London welsh Youth rugby

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net