rugbyunion
Latest News:

TOM FARRELL
ComeRainOrShine (IP Logged)
09 January, 2017 10:09
WONDERFUL!!!!!

Bedford Blues are disappointed to announce that centre Tom Farrell has left the club to join Pro 12 side Connacht with immediate effect.

Farrell, 22, has made 12 appearances for the Goldington Road club since joining in the summer from London Irish with his last being against his former club.

Speaking about the departure, Blues Director of Rugby Mike Rayer said: “The timing of Tom's departure isn't great to say the least especially as recently he had started to show glimpses of why we signed him. He has been a really valued member of the squad and has worked incredibly hard this season, I guess that's why Connacht came calling. Despite every effort on our part to keep Tom, the chance to go back to Ireland and to his hometown club proved too much of a heartfelt draw for him. We certainly hope it works out for him.

"In the meantime there is still lots to play for this season and although this leaves us short of numbers behind the scrum, our senior players will have to step up and fill the role. We will continue to look for a replacement and make sure we bring in someone who will add value."

Re: TOM FARRELL
Garlic sausage (IP Logged)
09 January, 2017 10:54
More game time for Dodgy which can't be a bad thing.

Yaffle (IP Logged)
09 January, 2017 11:40
Very disappointing news. I thought that he was settling in really well and starting to make a difference. I, too, am a fan of Dodgy but he ain't getting any younger.

iron blue (IP Logged)
09 January, 2017 13:36
True, but he looks after himself and has a lot of experience. Shame about Farrell but understand why he’s gone.

ComeRainOrShine (IP Logged)
10 January, 2017 13:40
Agree don't think you can blame Farrell for the reasons given (home town club etc) but timing isnt great.
I too like Dodge but he dosen't quite have that spark that Farrell showed in spades on Boxing day.

Jonathan Wilcox (IP Logged)
10 January, 2017 18:38
More to it I'm guessing, probably had enough of MRAD. Wouldn't surprise me

10 January, 2017 18:59
A very good player, I wish him well.

11 January, 2017 12:49
Dan, HNY to you too. I'm as frustrated as most with regards how this season has gone so far, we all expected more. But you've used words that I wouldn't and have never used on this forum against someone else. This is all down to the fact I have an opinion that is not the same as yours with regards the leadership at the Blues.

Here's hoping for a big win at the weekend and some entertaining rugby.

11 January, 2017 14:20
How can it be a fact that I have differing opinions to you? I haven't stated my views. You are making an assumption.

What I am against is your cowardly, personal attacks on an individual who has earned a massive amount of respect in the rugby world and installs a brand of rugby that people enjoy watching. This season we've lost games by the odd point here and there, last season we won them by the odd point here and there.

I support Bedford Blues. I support the team. I support the players. I support every person who works their hardest to make sure that the club does not fall into economic difficulties like those we see at London Welsh and Jersey.

What I do not support or condone is vicious, personal attacks from someone who appears to have established themselves as a bully on this forum.

megagrumpyblue (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 14:32
Quote:
Dan Carter (not that one)

What I am against is your cowardly, personal attacks on an individual ......

What I do not support or condone is vicious, personal attacks from someone who appears to have established themselves as a bully on this forum.

As you clearly deplore this behaviour I suggest you stop your personal attack as you are doing exactly the same thing.

11 January, 2017 14:40
Why? What's good for the goose not good for the gander??? Surely it's okay as it's MY opinion...

megagrumpyblue (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 15:03
Opinions are like A***holes.....everybody has one but some should remain unheard.

11 January, 2017 15:07
That made me chuckle...

If only there was a filter!

the hooded man (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 16:36
At the end of the day, we ALL want to see a succesful Blues both on the field and financially. It is something we have in common along with the two and half thousand or so crowd that go to each home game. We each have a different route to achieve it. JW has a sustainable argument - indeed a recent article (Guardian ot TRP not sure which) looking at the Mallinder and Cockers departures suggested coaches might have a shelf life at the same club. They're not bad coaches but the message gets stale. JW's message perhaps has also become a little stale.
Blues put in a terrific 80 minute performance on Boxing day and, by all accounts asked some searching question of Irish at the weekend, despite the defeat. Let's applaud that and ask for the same commitment and endeavour over the remainder of the season and a little more goodwill towards each other and the Club its coaches and players. There's enough bitterness and division in the world as it is.

11 January, 2017 18:14
Agreed.

COME ON YOU BLUES!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net