Latest News:

New prop Hallam
Blue for you (IP Logged)
27 February, 2017 19:41
Looks good

Re: New prop Hallam
Blue for you (IP Logged)
28 February, 2017 06:36
In true Bedford Blue fashion no one on this site wished you welcome James that is the type of people we are so from me : welcome and best of luck you will need it - given the front row injuries that we have had - keep your lucky rabbit's foot close.

Blue for you (IP Logged)
04 March, 2017 07:34
Still no welcome from this site so from me - have a great game when you get a start.

mellsblue (IP Logged)
04 March, 2017 10:10
I doubt he reads this site, and even if he does I'm sure he'd rather support from the stands than an anonymous 'welcome' on a message board.

Blue for you (IP Logged)
04 March, 2017 17:13
Anonymous! Me! No! Alan Connington is my name. Sorry Mellsblue you are relatively new to this s(h)ite

mellsblue (IP Logged)
04 March, 2017 20:31
I've read for a while and have commented when I think a thread is not too mired in rubbish. I'll stand by my view that the new boy would prefer a cheer and hearty clap when he runs on the pitch than a welcome on here.

Sorry to have a pop but the negativity on this bored does my head in. However, your time in keeping this board ticking over is appreciated.

compo simonite (IP Logged)
04 March, 2017 22:49
Mellsblue

‘Sorry to have a pop but the negativity on this bored does my head in. However, your time in keeping this board ticking over is appreciated’

I am certain you intended to say ‘board’ in both cases .......

I to welcome BFY’s comments on this site he like you are a welcome part of the ‘pond’

We, that’s Mrs Simonite and I hope you and your family enjoy your day out and bring back a win....

mellsblue (IP Logged)
05 March, 2017 12:42
Quote:
compo simonite
Mellsblue
‘Sorry to have a pop but the negativity on this bored does my head in. However, your time in keeping this board ticking over is appreciated’

I am certain you intended to say ‘board’ in both cases .......

I to welcome BFY’s comments on this site he like you are a welcome part of the ‘pond’
internationally
We, that’s Mrs Simonite and I hope you and your family enjoy your day out and bring back a win....
I did indeed.

I doubt it. Living in N Yorks the vast majority of my Bedford matches are away against Leeds and Doncaster and I therefore rarely bring back a win. Plus, it's absolutely tipping it down and looks set to stay that way. I haven't been to Lady Bay since they moved their games there. I hope they have a roof over the stand.

compo simonite (IP Logged)
05 March, 2017 17:40
Nottingham 21 Bedford 24 FT

Congratulations all round to both team and followers, wins at Nottingham are never easy to come by.

The result moves us above Nottingham in the table and away from the drop zone ......if there was one.

Jonathan Wilcox (IP Logged)
05 March, 2017 18:13
Yes Compo a very good win away from home. Well done!

the hooded man (IP Logged)
05 March, 2017 22:00
Goes some way to making amends for the disappointing result (and performance) at the reverse fixture earlier in the season. See-saw match that saw Blues through to the win in the dying embers of the game. Must have been exciting to be at.

Next up in the league is Scottish in a fortnight. Depending on their performance next weekend, when we have a fallow week, the end of the month could offer an opportunity to climb another place. Small steps.

Blue Fox (IP Logged)
06 March, 2017 08:43
Credit to both teams yesterday for a hard fought match in awful conditions. Running rugby was out of the question in a virtually waterlogged pitch. Had the predicted rain appeared the match could have been cancelled.

The Blues were solid in all departments; special praise for the front row who again showed that we can now compete up front. Big welcome from the fans for the newbie Hallam, well done that man. Lineout reliable and secured good ball. Sharp kicked the points and managed his game pretty well given the mayhem caused by the conditions.

It could have gone either way, but we showed real character in not giving in. Nottingham were strong in the centre channels and we nearly came unstuck, but for a disallowed try. However, the grit was there again, Toops was in his element and rewarded with followers MOM, which could have gone to any of the front row, locks, back row, they were all worthy.

mellsblue (IP Logged)
06 March, 2017 11:58
Yep, it was a gutsy performance. With a pitch like that it was never going to be a game to suit our strengths - a big shame when we had top ex-u20's at 11, 13 and 14.
The pack really fronted up and were pretty dominant in the scrum and, bar a few early wobbles, the lineout functioned well. Toops was immense.
Sharp's goal kicking was high quality, the same went for his opposite number, but kicking out of hand was poor. Again, this could be said for both sides. Losing our only carrying option in midfield - I think it was a HIA, so I hope he's ok - on that pitch was a big loss, so well done to Sharp and Dorrian for thinking on the hoof.
As for the disallowed try, what on earth did the ref think he was doing. I didn't quite see all of it because of having my head in my hands and a sturdy stantion in the way, but did he award the try, go to the non-existent TMO and, upon realising there was no TMO, disallow it?!?!?

Ginger Blueboy (IP Logged)
06 March, 2017 12:56
Clear correlation mellsblue between you forking out c.£55 for tickets for you and your family and the Blues winning. Any chance you can get to Scottish (A) too? winking smiley

mellsblue (IP Logged)
07 March, 2017 13:10
Quote:
Ginger Blueboy
Clear correlation mellsblue between you forking out c.£55 for tickets for you and your family and the Blues winning. Any chance you can get to Scottish (A) too? winking smiley
I was thinking similar. I've had a chat with the bank manager and he has said no. I've done my bit and given them some confidence on the road. The rest is up to them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net