rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welsh Winger
red eagle (IP Logged)
11 April, 2017 13:12
When I first read the piece on the offal site I thought it said Chris Bajak.

Re: Welsh Winger
compo simonite (IP Logged)
11 April, 2017 14:57
Chris Czekaj is a Wales International rugby union player, who plays Fullback or on the Wing for Cardiff Blues, and now playing for Bedford.

Jonathan Wilcox (IP Logged)
11 April, 2017 14:59
Good signing, plenty of experience too

Blue33Years (IP Logged)
11 April, 2017 15:27
I read that his nickname is '28' which is the scrabble score for his surname.

mellsblue (IP Logged)
11 April, 2017 17:13
Quote:
Blue33Years
I read that his nickname is '28' which is the scrabble score for his surname.
I hope this is true. Mainly because it's so much better than just sticking a 'Y' on the end of someone's name, but also because the last time we signed someone with a maths and surname based nickname it went very well indeed.

11 April, 2017 18:24

ComeRainOrShine (IP Logged)
11 April, 2017 19:56
Good under the high ball, big kicker out of hand, good at breaking the line and running angles, strong tackler and not to slow either . . . . I suppose he'll be back up to Clement-Hill next season. Fair play to Rayer for attracting another quality player to the club.

artfulbadger (IP Logged)
12 April, 2017 11:50
A few others will remember the days when the team list in the Blues programme used to be liberally adorned with little asterisks beside the names of players who had been capped by their countries. Though we have recently had many players who have gone on to earn their asterisks with other clubs, it has been quite a while since we have needed more than one asterisk for our current players! Great stuff!

12 April, 2017 14:57
But they aren't current ones, so no chance of them getting on the honours board....

cardiff_steve (IP Logged)
25 April, 2017 13:24
Quote:
compo simonite
Chris Czekaj is a Wales International rugby union player, who plays Fullback or on the Wing for Cardiff Blues, and now playing for Bedford.

Boys, he hasn't played for us for years. His most recent club was in the French 3rd division.

I don't think he'll let anyone down but I don't think he'll be a standout player at Championship level.

I always really liked him as a player but I dont think he ever really regained what speed he had after the leg break. Strong guy and reliable fullback though.

ComeRainOrShine (IP Logged)
25 April, 2017 13:26
Back to earth with a bang . . . . .

artfulbadger (IP Logged)
25 April, 2017 17:33
French second division, surely, directly below Top14. Not too dusty, I'd have thought.

25 April, 2017 17:55
Quote:
artfulbadger
French second division, surely, directly below Top14. Not too dusty, I'd have thought.

Just checked... He went to Colomiers in Pro2 for 2 seasons then joined Valence in Federale 1 for this season.

Federale1 is the third tier.

[www.itsrugby.co.uk]

artfulbadger (IP Logged)
26 April, 2017 15:25
My apologies, CS, I had missed his latest move when I looked online.

26 April, 2017 16:54
I wonder if we'll see more of Burns on the wing in the coming season?

TryBlues (IP Logged)
26 April, 2017 22:44
Quote:
Jonathan Wilcox
I wonder if we'll see more of Burns on the wing in the coming season?

It worked well with Alex Page, who scored quite a few.

26 April, 2017 23:02
Quote:
artfulbadger
My apologies, CS, I had missed his latest move when I looked online.

No worries, just clarifying things.

Like I say above, i do have a soft spot for him as a player.

Good luck to you for next season, always keep half an eye out for your results due to the Mike Rayer link.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net