rugbyunion
Latest News:

First Post- frustrated fan!!
Brett0403 (IP Logged)
17 April, 2017 12:20
So now the season has finished and I'm looking ahead to next season, after attending very frequently over the past 10 years I am looking at the new format for The Championship! In summary as we all know we have no chance of going up, we will have no play offs to aim for to make things even a little exciting, either Bristol or Yorkshire will compete for the title, most probably Bristol will thrash everyone out of sight, only 1 down in relegation and that could be boring if 1 team is abysmal, apart from enjoying a day out and some half decent rugby it doesn't excite me about what sport is about contending for prizes and silverware , maybe even I would rather get relegated and have something to play for each game than not, plus 11 league games each season means the calendar is so disjointed especially as don't attend the B&I cup which I find is nothing more than a filler on the calendar, can anybody tell me the point of The Championship and how the seasons excitement is to be for all those same clubs such as us, Pirates, Notts,Knights, Jersey and Ealing each season, how many of you would rather be in the National League competing for Promotion and have 15 home league games, I always say winning teams draw in the crowds whichever league you are in, just interested in other fans thoughts?? Cheers

Re: First Post- frustrated fan!!
Jonathan Wilcox (IP Logged)
17 April, 2017 13:44
I'd rather have the league back to 16 teams.

TryBlues (IP Logged)
17 April, 2017 15:02
I certainly wouldn't rather be watching us in the National Leagues.

compo simonite (IP Logged)
17 April, 2017 15:32
So rare on this site have someone have a good old fashioned ‘rant’……Brett I liked some of it. Disagreed with some of it and had to ‘cut and paste’ it into manageable sections to enjoy it (us dyslexics hate long paragraphs) …..

Agree with JW we should have gone back to a sixteen team league, we missed an opportunity there……one game at home and one game away each weekend, repetitive perhaps….but better than what we had this season…………agreed?

And an added bonus……Mrs Simonite would know where I am on a Saturdays…….

17 April, 2017 17:31
Compo, back to 16, 1 up, 1 down and the old style cup/shield format. Also back to the members bar.

Blue Fox (IP Logged)
19 April, 2017 08:11
Quote:
Jonathan Wilcox
Compo, back to 16, 1 up, 1 down and the old style cup/shield format. Also back to the members bar.
Totally agree with all that JW.

the hooded man (IP Logged)
19 April, 2017 11:54
It's been a short season ever since top eight playoffs were ended (and bottom four to decide relegation).
Lack of games on a Saturday does provide the opportunity to see how former Blues players are getting on in the Premiereship (for those who go to away games especially)- Atkinson had a good game for Gloucester on Saturday.
Under the new system, presumably to make up for lost income, Clubs are playing for money - the higher up the league the more dosh the Club makes. It rewards endeavour but I'm not sure there is any added value for the supporters. a fourteen or sixteen club league gives the supporters something.
Being shut out of the Members' bar until kick off at the Mobbs game and the Carnegie match was a tad galling. One might forgive the Mobbs game but not a regular season game. Disappointed face, Club management.

19 April, 2017 18:08
Hopefully the board will provide some clarity on the structure of the league for the 17/18 season.

Totally agree with regards the upstairs bar, not sure what that was all about and it did upset a number of supporters. Get it back to a members only bar with players recovering from injury pulling a few pints!

Garlic sausage (IP Logged)
19 April, 2017 20:17
Members only, for the old farts. Sound familiar?(Sm119)

Blue for you (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 07:48
Mr JW an old fart !!

Bring back the "fish room" and I agree with the Mr Cooke: Platinum Gold Silver and Bronze membership with bouncers on the the door to keep the poor from contaminating the upstairs members only bar - there is nothing wrong with class demarcation it happens in all walks of life and should happen in the club -

no season ticket for me next year so I will then become just a "fan" and not a "supporter " and so therefore not entitled to express an opinion about the club on this or any other forum. Which will please a few and sadden others

Riverman (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 10:26
I agree 16 teams and a cup with the championship Nat1 And reserve prem sides. I would like 2 up and 2 down. But that aint going to happen. Bars open for all.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net