rugbyunion
Latest News:

Now we enter the most interesting part of the season......
Jonathan Wilcox (IP Logged)
17 April, 2017 17:49
Yep the silly season.

The rugby for the Blues may well be over, but it's time for the pond to come together at this special time and look forward to some big signings, a covered terrace, concessions, cheap beer and a squad that will compete with the best in the league. Yay I'd go for that.

Re: Now we enter the most interesting part of the season......
17 April, 2017 17:59
Ps : and a league of 16 teams

compo simonite (IP Logged)
17 April, 2017 20:43
JW are you including the AGM in as part of the ‘silly season’ or not?

17 April, 2017 21:27
AGM, remember them. Not had an invite for the 5th year in a row.... You can if you want Compo

Blue for you (IP Logged)
18 April, 2017 09:21
Just asking - I have shares in the club - am I right in thinking they are not worth anything? Something to do with them being type B ? shares. (Sm141)

18 April, 2017 13:50
BFY As far as I am aware A or B shares have none or very little resell value, they both had a face value of £25 the original shares were divided into 100000 A shares and 100000 B shares, there have been subsequent issues of more shares......I think

I think that the B shares are the ‘you and me’ shares and the A shares mainly in the hands of the directors.....perhaps someone could explain why and how they were thus allocated.....I have never had it explained to me....

Now as far as I am aware there is nothing wrong in you selling or giving some of your shares to another Blues supporter, you would have to notify the Company Secretary of the transaction and he would have to issue amended certificates.

Blue for you (IP Logged)
18 April, 2017 15:51
So what is the difference between an A share and a B share ? Apart from the fact that the Directors have the A shares

Magoo (IP Logged)
18 April, 2017 16:44
Quote:
Blue for you
So what is the difference between an A share and a B share ? Apart from the fact that the Directors have the A shares

The Memorandum and Articles of Association filed at Companies House should define the difference between shares, the amount and who allocated to.

18 April, 2017 17:52
All very interesting Phil, but where are the AGM invites? Are these only sent to those that have 'A' shares......?

18 April, 2017 21:39
Using the link will lead you to Bedford Blues Ltd details held by Companies House.

The entries dated 29 January 2001 are interesting firstly the Memorandum of Association but also list on the same date entitled the following

Return made up to 19/10/0 full list of members.......

It lists all the original shareholders and addresses and how many shares they subscribed.......I found it very moving......so many generous people who help save our club, many regretfully no longer with us along with many businesses who took shares................a true testament to the ‘unsung heroes’.......

charleyboy (IP Logged)
19 April, 2017 08:54
Quote:
Jonathan Wilcox
All very interesting Phil, but where are the AGM invites? Are these only sent to those that have 'A' shares......?
For those shareholders who have not received their invites

"Bedford Blues Ltd will hold its Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Wednesday 3rd May 2017 in the Scrum Hall at Goldington Road (8pm start). The meeting is strictly Shareholders only, by invitation.

The formal documentation will be sent to shareholders who requested either email copies or postal following last year’s AGM. Please expect to receive this by Wednesday 12th April 2017.

If shareholders haven’t informed the club of their choice to receive communication via one of these forms they will not have access to this information. Shareholders who wish to continue receiving the AGM pack and invitation should email season@bedfordrugby.co.uk (link sends e-mail) with their preference.

In order for the club to send notification, please email the above with your full name and email address you wish to receive the electronic pack to. If you are aware of shareholders without access to the internet, please share this message."

19 April, 2017 18:09
Thanks Charleyboy

19 April, 2017 23:26
JW

Ok so when you get your ‘invite’ two questions.......and I am taking it you will turn up.......what question will you be asking......and why?

Please anyone else who’s going please feel free to give your answers as well

20 April, 2017 06:31
Compo, I'm hardly going to post that on here beforehand. It's better to put them on the spot as I did with one person after the Ealing game...

Blue for you (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 08:00
Do you think the Board care about opinions from the floor or listen to the questions asked of them ?

There is only one person's opinion that matters Mr Irvine - and rightly so in my opinion- it is his club he keeps it afloat and has done for many years - the rest of the people who undoubtedly give time and money to the club do so because he wishes it and allows it to happen.

The AGM is simply a requirement the club are rightly in my opinion just going through the motions because they have to.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net