rugbyunion
Latest News:

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Decisions decisions decisions
Jonathan Wilcox (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 08:40
Starting line up and bench for 1st game? Do they still present the shirts on a Thursday evening in the upstairs bar?

Re: Decisions decisions decisions
TryBlues (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 13:28
Starting line-up:

15. Chris Czekaj
14. Howard Packman
13. Rich Lane
12. Michael Le Bourgeois (c)
11. Dean Adamson
10. Will Hooley
9. Lee Dickson

1. Camilo Parilli-Ocampo
2. Tom Lindsay
3. Ben Cooper
4. Ed Taylor
5. Will Carrick-Smith
6. Alex Rae
7. Ben Adams
8. Jarad Williams

Replacements:
16. Jacob Fields
17. Sean McCarthy
18. Alex Penny
19. Paul Tupai
20. Jordan Burns
21. Harry Sheppard
22. Ollie Dodge

Surprised a couple of others are not included in the team/squad, but should be enough for Richmond.

dunc999 (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 13:59
Looking forward to going down and hopefully cheering on a win!!

01 September, 2017 14:19
Pace and power, looks good. I think I know which two you mean Tryblues.

compo simonite (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 18:09
Mr Paddy Power has Richmond as favourites at 8/13 and 11/8 for the Blues and 17/1 the draw.

On the handicap book they are offering 10/11 with +3 for the Blues and 22/1 the draw.

Personal forecast is a small wager at 11/8 on Bedford, its always difficult for the away team first game of the season.

JW........’shirts in the clubhouse on a Thursday night’........I think the club only opens on match day.....its more likely a text on Friday morning ........

Luton_Blue (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 18:53
That was during the CJ era ever happened during rayers days

01 September, 2017 18:56
No, I think we'll get a decent result and max pts.

The Thursday night was a Jackson thing, but let's face it, he put himself about and mixed with the supporters far more than the current DOR, lol

01 September, 2017 18:58
Okay, Richmond 17-32 Blues

Garlic sausage (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 19:41
16 - 45

Garlic sausage (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 19:45
Prediction league running on Rolling Maul. Get on it people.

Ginger Blueboy (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 21:51
Richmond (2BP) 30-36 Bedford (5pts)

Personally feel Richmond are likeliest to go down this season, but expect us to be a little rusty in defence and goal-kicking in the friendlies hasn't been the best

bluegrass (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 22:46
I'm going for 15_ 24 think it will be tight as first game of the season. Wish I could be there but Zante calls.

ping pong blue (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 10:57
Does anyone know if we have signed the Tongan 8

Afterlast weeks performance he should have been one of the first on the team sheet this week, but notice he is not in the squad

We have made some great signings this pr-season, bur surely if we do not offer this guy something it will be a backward step

compo simonite (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 16:25
Bluegrass......Zante.......a great island me and Mrs S will be there later in September if you would like to drop twenty euros into the Andreas at Venus Hotel Bar in Kalamaki tell him this is for ‘Micky Mouse’ me and Mrs S will raise a glass to your health......

TryBlues (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 17:54
Historically Rayer likes players to earn their places and a lot of new boys you would consider 1st choice have had to wait a game or 2 before being introduced. We obviously felt we had enough to see off Richmond without them.

TryBlues (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 19:25
Good start with a much needed 5 points, hopefully the same again next week before a few tricky games.

bluegrass (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 20:12
Sorry compo off to argassi, never been to Zante before so might get lost. Great result today well done blues, no more predictions for me.

Beds Blue (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 20:31
First half we were superb, Richmond obviously got a rocket at half time so second half a bit of an anti-climax but if you had offered 36-7 before the match I would have snatched your hand off.
A few things to work on but looks very promising...

Blue Fox (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 08:23
Re No 8: I think there are visa issues to resolve.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2017 08:24 by Blue Fox.

red eagle (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 08:37
Quote:
TryBlues
Historically Rayer likes players to earn their places and a lot of new boys you would consider 1st choice have had to wait a game or 2 before being introduced. We obviously felt we had enough to see off Richmond without them.

and if your face fits.

03 September, 2017 11:52
Great result. Any idea who was MoM?

dunc999 (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 12:46
Lovely day out in Richmond, great weather, lots of beer and a fine Blues performance to boot!

We were offensively excellent in the first half and could have had more. Thought we were going to see a "typical Blues" day when Richmond came out fired up for 2nd half and immediately scored, but we got our defensive act together and they never really looked like they'd score again. We huffed and puffed a bit in attack, but still could have had a couple more - butchered two 5m lineouts and had one ruled out for crossing.

Had a nice chat with Sharpy beforehand who is looking forward to coming "home" next week, and the Scottish team watched the while game hopefully worriedly.

I think Richmond may have a long hard season ahead so we shouldn't get too carried away, but a great start!

Tom Lindsay got MOM.

03 September, 2017 18:02
Tom Lindsay, what a great addition to the team he is. Onwards and upwards.
COYB

Yaffle (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 18:58
Five tries (six if you include Richmond's) all coming from securing line out out ball in an attacking position and making it work for you. How different from the last few seasons.
Very early days for sure but this looks a like a well balanced Bedford squad, experience and youth coupled with grunt and speed. I am happy to predict that we secure top half of the league and possibly a top four place by the end of this season.

TryBlues (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 22:13
Watch "Richmond v Bedford - All the scores" on Vimeo: [vimeo.com]

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net