rugbyunion
Latest News:

Sione Vailanu
ping pong blue (IP Logged)
12 September, 2017 17:48
Does anyone have any information as to if this guy has signed

No info from the club one way or the other

Someone mentioned there were Visa issues

Perhaps some other side has snapped him up, and we have let him slip through the net

Come on Blues administration let us know as the mushrooms are getting bigger

Re: Sione Vailanu
TryBlues (IP Logged)
12 September, 2017 18:59
Quote:
ping pong blue
Does anyone have any information as to if this guy has signed
No info from the club one way or the other

Someone mentioned there were Visa issues

Perhaps some other side has snapped him up, and we have let him slip through the net

Come on Blues administration let us know as the mushrooms are getting bigger

I do not have any info but thinking about this logically...

He will be paid a fortune in Japan that we would not be able to compete with. He is probably Premiership standard and it wouldn't surprise me if we see him appearing for Saracens.

Just seems odd why we would have him to play for 1 game, as he probably wouldn't have been covered under any insurance policy not being a registered player.

bluegrass (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 07:03
Not sure if it is correct, but was told that he is waiting for a work permit. Also the saints second row suffered concussion two weeks ago so is waiting for medical clearance.

ping pong blue (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 19:30
Thanks Bluegrass that was the answer I was looking for

Jonathan Wilcox (IP Logged)
25 September, 2017 14:01
Seems that he came off the bench for Sarries 2nd team at the weekend....,.

Luton_Blue (IP Logged)
25 September, 2017 17:46
Excellent, out very special relationship with Saracens paying dividends once again as we supply them with another bench sitter! Only this time with the second team, the boy must have big ambitions!

25 September, 2017 21:18
[www.saracens.com]

Got a try too

TryBlues (IP Logged)
25 September, 2017 21:54
We clearly borrowed him from Saracens. He is Billy Vunipola back up for international duty. Now he's out for 4 months I'd expect to see him playing in the 1st team soon.

Steve O (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 08:42
If you look at his history he played for a side in the Hong Kong 10's this summer. This side was coached by Don Barrell - Saracens Acadamy Coach. I would imagine this is where he was spotted and bought to this country to trial out.

I would doubt he is good enough yet for Sarries so the benefit of the special relationship is that we get him first - as we do with lots of their youngsters.

Back up to Billy V - I doubt it, benching for the Storm suggests not. Not a full Tongan international even.

Is he as good as Jackson Wray or Joel Conlon? Again i would doubt it, but potentially he could be.

Why do certain people always put down the Sarries relationship?

If we do get him it will be a bonus because without the relationship we would t see players like this at all!

26 September, 2017 17:41
Another one bites the dust, lol. Anyway it's clearly not as special as it once was, that's for sure. Time to sever ties and join forces with the Saints, just a thought

TryBlues (IP Logged)
27 September, 2017 06:45
Quote:
Jonathan Wilcox
Another one bites the dust, lol. Anyway it's clearly not as special as it once was, that's for sure. Time to sever ties and join forces with the Saints, just a thought

Swap the team at the top of Europe with another who are mid table in the Premiership!! Why sever why not develop a 2nd?

Luton_Blue (IP Logged)
27 September, 2017 10:26
Only an idiot would think that we have anything but a special relationship with Saracens.

So they 'loan' us players to develop in a competitive league such as ours, we see them for a season or two then we're left to make up that position?

I'd rather us developnand keep our own players than continue with this false reality

Mind you we're now doing it with our academy

I'd loved to have seen this player at the blues, something we've needed for a long time.

27 September, 2017 11:27
Luton Blue with you on that. The only time we really got any real benefit was when we had our special relationship with Leicester with the likes of Cole, Youngs, Twelvetrees etc. Tryblues will have a different view, he always does which makes for a healthy forum lol

TryBlues (IP Logged)
27 September, 2017 12:16
Twelvetrees was actually our player.

Cole and Youngs are no different to what we had with Wray, Baldwin and Perkins etc.

Do we want access to the best players for their age group in the country that are capable of playing Championship rugby or do we want players who aren't deemed good enough for an elite academy and we feel ND1 or ND2 are more suitable for them for the time being.

An example would be, do you want Nay playing for us (has appeared a couple of times) or Britton. Britton could be a good player later on but at this stage of his rugby development we clearly feel that he's not quite ready to be involved in the squad.

Everyone is happy we have Wilson, but he is only a short term signing, which is also in quite a few ways no different to having DR's.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/09/2017 12:17 by TryBlues.

27 September, 2017 14:02
You were quick off the mark Tryblues, enjoy your day.

Garlic sausage (IP Logged)
27 September, 2017 16:21
I'm happy with our no 8. Big and Welsh.what more do you want.

27 September, 2017 17:32
Yes he's looked very good so far this season. Likes to carry, good with ball in hand.

TryBlues (IP Logged)
27 September, 2017 20:44
Quote:
Jonathan Wilcox
You were quick off the mark Tryblues, enjoy your day.

Had a lunchtime to reply today!

29 September, 2017 19:04
Good for you TryBlues. Think we should all forget about this player for the time being

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 29/09/2017 19:42 by Jonathan Wilcox.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net