Quality.

Re: James Wilson.
Blue Fox (IP Logged)
15 September, 2017 13:45
He certainly is.

bluegrass (IP Logged)
15 September, 2017 15:24
Shows the ambition this season, I know it's a short term contract but if he impresses are we likely to keep him? He also plays centre and we do have a shortage of numbers there.

ComeRainOrShine (IP Logged)
15 September, 2017 18:09
I wonder how much of an influence Dicko had on this bit of business . . . . . If he could bring a few more of his old buddies to the club would good news!

Jonathan Wilcox (IP Logged)
15 September, 2017 19:10
Quite a bit I reckon. All good so far, long may it continue

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/09/2017 16:44 by Jonathan Wilcox.

mellsblue (IP Logged)
15 September, 2017 19:40
He can play pretty much anywhere from 10 upwards. Not sure he has the pace for wing anymore, though. He's certainly one hell of a signing even if it is only for a few weeks.

MarchingIn (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 21:55
Saint and occasional GR visitor in peace... I would have a tenner on Wilson against Foden for pace and the latter is still playing wing and full back for us in the Premiership.

Class player and really can play anywhere from 10 to 15, which few are truly capable of. His busiest year with Saints may well have been the 2013/14 season when we won the Prem so he really did cut it at the top level.

Mobbs (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 08:56
Perhaps you could make Dorian West an offer he could not refuse..............

TryBlues (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 07:28
Was really impressed with him yesterday, except the 2 conversion attempts! Considering he's on a temporary deal he certainly didn't hold back. I'm surprised he didn't have a club before joining.

Saint.Kenneth (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 23:03
So glad to read this thread. James Wilson IS a fans favourite at Saints and I'm delighted to read that you guys appreciate what he brings to a side.

On a personal note, he is one helluva nice guy. When we won the Premiership a few years back now, that evening back at Franklin's Gardens, he allowed my son to wear his winners medal for a while; unbelievable generosity.

Hopefully his move to Bedford can be made more permanent to secure his future. Really disappointed that the Saints didn't utilise him much more last season.

EverOptimistic (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 16:38
See he's been cited - anyone see it?

James Wilson of Bedford Blues has been cited by citing commissioner Liam McTierman and is to appear before an RFU Disciplinary panel charged with playing an opponent without the ball, contrary to law 10.4(f).

During the match between Bedford Blues and Bristol Rugby on 23 September 2017, Wilson allegedly played opponent Ian Madigan of Bristol Rugby without the ball.

The incident occurred in the second half of the match.

The hearing will take place in London on Thursday 28 September at 2pm. The panel will be chaired by Philip Evans.

26 September, 2017 17:37
Typical, I guess if he's been cited they have damn good evidence. I'm guessing he won't be available for selection this weekend. Oh well

TryBlues (IP Logged)
27 September, 2017 06:43
All I saw was Madigan lying around in quite a bit of pain. Let's hope that Madigan just drew the defence and Wilson was committed, which is great play by Madigan and no charge for Wilson.

There were lots of big tackles in the game. At one stage there were about 3 or 4 Bristol players on the ground either shattered or injured in need of treatment.

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 07:43
Three week ban, and to the guy I was standing next to who insisted it wasn't late and Madigan was faking it - told you so.

airdog (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 11:04
Ian Madigan not available for Bris this weekend due to a neck injury !!

Garlic sausage (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 11:56
Quote:
Gray_Lensman
Three week ban, and to the guy I was standing next to who insisted it wasn't late and Madigan was faking it - told you so.
My sympathies to the guy who was stood next to you. 😁

mgslade (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 05:42
There is a suggestion in today's Daily telegraph that James Wilson is close to joining Bath. A great shame that we may not have a chance to see how good a player he is.

mellsblue (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 19:22
Quote:
mgslade
There is a suggestion in today's Daily telegraph that James Wilson is close to joining Bath. A great shame that we may not have a chance to see how good a player he is.
I've heard the same rumour. My source said it'll be around Xmas time. So, we may get a few more games out of him yet.

11 October, 2017 16:53
If true, fair enough. We have a very good team, with or without him

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2017 18:33 by Jonathan Wilcox.

Garlic sausage (IP Logged)
16 October, 2017 16:43
Gone to Bath. Shame.

TryBlues (IP Logged)
16 October, 2017 16:54
James Wilson: Bath sign former Northampton Saints back on short-term deal
[www.bbc.co.uk]

He was signed to provide fly half cover whilst Hooley was out. A shame a harsh ban in my opinion stopped us from seeing more of him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/10/2017 20:37 by TryBlues.

16 October, 2017 18:16
Time to move on, we have plenty of talent without him

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net