rugbyunion
Latest News:

Nottingham
compo simonite (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 11:45
I notice that at the Goldington Road entrance to the ground there was on Wednesday a sign advising that ‘For the fireworks on Friday use the Goldington Road entrance’........perhaps this a warning of a cracking game against Nottingham under the lights this Friday.......lets hope so...........

The nice Mr Paddy Power has us as slight favourites with -4 on the Handicap book.

The Nottingham fans for some reason find themselves without a forum this weekend, perhaps we could include them in the discussion..........what do you think?

Re: Nottingham
artfulbadger (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 18:43
Rolling Maul predictions favour Blues quite heavily, not that that means anything.

artfulbadger (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 21:42
Great win. Jarad Williams, what a signing; could become a bit of a legend if we keep hold of him long enough.Poor Howard Packman, though.

Garlic sausage (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 21:44
Very good win, thought Booj stood out in a classy performance. Nice to see Dodgy too.

10 November, 2017 22:09
Nearly perfect....... Mr Rayer has a very talented team of young men this year, they are very entertaining, nearly 3000 people were treated to some exciting rugby........

.......comment from one lady near me ‘is it always like this........its far better than I thought'

The injury to Packman is of concern, I agree with the other comments some talent playing for us this year........lets try to keep them.......

TryBlues (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 22:10
Good 5 point win, but disappointed we went to sleep in the last 5 mins and almost let the good work go to waste.

Defence was good, thought our attack wasn't as good as usual missing out on a few tries.

10 November, 2017 22:22
According to the BBC sport we are third in the Championship, and I don’t think we overtaken this weekend........am I correct?

Jonathan Wilcox (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 22:25
A convincing win for the Blues, I think Lee has brought something different to our back line. Many new moves tonight with the backs creating space and running good lines at pace. Onwards and upwards. Enjoy the evening, cheers, hic

11 November, 2017 10:40
1st half try from the cross field kick. Wow.

1bluesladyfan (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 13:03
Surely we get 5 points for the bonus even if one was a penalty try?
BBC sport has only shown 4 points given on their tables.

TryBlues (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 13:19
Quote:
1bluesladyfan
Surely we get 5 points for the bonus even if one was a penalty try?
BBC sport has only shown 4 points given on their tables.

We do BBC regularly get the tables wrong before correcting them. It was correct yesterday but now wrong!

1bluesladyfan (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 14:35
Thanks Tryblues - I'm just constantly horrified at what a lash up the beeb makes of it's reporting at 'our' level. I've now given up sending emails as it makes not a scrap of difference to their unprofessional attitude.

TryBlues (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 14:59
I felt Adams had a good game at 7, making a few breaks but more importantly winning a few penalties and turnovers at rucks.

11 November, 2017 16:15
Yes TB, was just talking about him during a lull in the England game.

TryBlues (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 20:48
If I were Adamson I would be doing my very best to avoid seeing Williams after the game!

[twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2017 20:50 by TryBlues.

BorderScot (IP Logged)
13 November, 2017 11:39
I don't write on this forum enough but after watching the Blues on Friday night I just had to come back on. I've watched the Blues for 25 years and I think this is the best Blues team I've seen in that time. They are an absolute thrill to watch, fast, skilful and creative in attack, strong in defence and are winning their ball in the set pieces. The latter two points are the big improvements this year. We're even scoring from and stopping rolling mauls, which I would ban! Congratulations to the club in bringing in some real quality players in the summer, Dickson, Czekaj,Rae and Lindsay have added much needed experience and Hooley and Sheppard look like the best fly halfs we've had in a long time. Williams is the big number 8 we've been asking for and is making the hard yards we've been lacking. Lane has added even more speed and power to the backline. Mike Rayer's Blues have always been good to watch in attack but he's now been able to add forward power and good defence into the mix.

Blue Fox (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 11:59
Brilliant! I was at the other end, so I did not see in close up. The ball just did not sit right up, otherwise Dean was in.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net