rugbyunion
Latest News:

Hartpury
compo simonite (IP Logged)
23 November, 2017 13:02
Hartpury College are the visitors to GR on Friday night........

It’s been my opinion (not that it counts for much) that this will be the trickiest game of the season to predict......Hartpury's connection with Gloucester is well known so expect a tough game......but what do you think?

Re: Hartpury
Garlic sausage (IP Logged)
23 November, 2017 17:02
Rumour has it its being streamed. Link please for you tech savvy peeps as in deepest darkest Cape Verde.

23 November, 2017 17:23
[www.englandrugby.com]#

Garlic not Tec savvy what ever that is.......... but the above gives details, I think you need to be on something called Facebook..........

charleyboy (IP Logged)
23 November, 2017 18:56
No need for facebook - this will do [www.championshiprugby.co.uk]

23 November, 2017 20:52
Cheers.

25 November, 2017 07:50
My first impressions are it was a bit of a curates egg......good to brilliant in places .....
Too many drop balls by to be perfect, our opponent's were not as strong in depth as I had been led to believe........but it was a five point game against.....a team who won promotion last season.......

.....but as I have often said .......what do I know about rugby

25 November, 2017 09:08
Watched it on my phone and enjoyed every minute. This hotel has better WiFi than most of Britain, even reaches the beach.

artfulbadger (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 09:14
Agreed, compo, a great win but as many points left on the pitch as scored. Had someone been greasing the ball? The most striking thing for me was that it was our forwards who dominated, not the backs. I love our standard running rugby as much as the next person, but it did my heart good to see a Bedford pack put in such a powerful performance. Man of the match for all of them, for me. M Le Bourgeois does not always get all the credit he deserves. No criticism of Ollie Dodge, for whom I have a lot of time, but I thought back play lit up when MLeB came onto the field. Before that they were, for me, a little underwhelming by their usual standards.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/11/2017 09:15 by artfulbadger.

25 November, 2017 09:52
Garlic
“Watched it on my phone and enjoyed every minute. This hotel has better WiFi than most of Britain, even reaches the beach.”

I am amazed at the lengths to which Blues fans will go to watch a game........in Cape Verde it gets dark at 18.00 thus time of the year that’s about 19.00 UK ........kick off was 19.45 so you sat on the beach well after dusk watching the game on your phone in a country that probably does not understand or play rugby............did you get any odd comments from the locals...........

25 November, 2017 10:32
Nope.

the hooded man (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 12:47
Watch out for Hartpury next season. They are adapting to the Championship well. Whilst Blues dominated in all areas of the game, Hartpury showed no fear of the better established Championship side and emulated Blues brand of rugby.

Although handling may not have been perfect, it was a bit nippy and moisture must have made the ball a tad greasy so both teams coped with the conditions well, Bedford better than Hartpury.

Blues defended well, the lineout held and the scrum was dominant. There was some good interplay in attack. Good solid performance needed in preparation for the away trips to Pirates and Munster.

It was a great game as a community showcase so well done to all involved.

25 November, 2017 17:33
[www.championshiprugby.co.uk]

Current table with one game to play of the first half of the season.......I will leave it to you to work out your own forecasts of the last game results, personally I think we look safe in third place at the half way mark.....

Last night’s game is on YouTube and has had over three thousand views.......

Jonathan Wilcox (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 18:06
I’m sure that the introduction of experienced old heads has been the key factor in the current success of the Blues so far this season. You can’t beat a mixture of youth and experience. Onwards and upwards, “Next job” as a certain Bedford legend would say.

TryBlues (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 22:01
The game for me was weird. I expected a lot more from Hartpury but we didn't even get out of 2nd gear and that was more than enough for 5 points. Really we should've put 50+ on them on the night but the backs haven't really played together as a unit which probably didn't help.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net