rugbyunion
Latest News:

Ealing
compo simonite (IP Logged)
26 December, 2017 13:19
Ealing are our visitors for this Saturday, this post Christmas fixture is normally a sell out, but currently there are a 177 stand seats unsold and 3335 tickets to ground access......it must be worrying for those in charge.....

What would you suggest.......a Sale?

Re: Ealing
airdog (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 12:26
I hope you are not expecting any away support to boost the numbers , after all last weekend in a local derby in London they attracted a crowd of 405 according to TRP .
If anyone can come up with a theory as to the point of Ealing I would love to hear it , hope it goes well for you .

Tiny George (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 11:22
Brizzler here. Hope you go well against Ealing and do us a favour.

Garlic sausage (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 14:34
Strong side with Dodgy in the centres.

Blue33Years (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 16:45
Someone had to pay for the holes at centre last week. Also think the 15 can consider himself fortunate.
Big fan of Dodge

Garlic sausage (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 18:26
Missed conversion lost it but it was a fabulous performance from the Blues. Williams my man of the match with Jordan O a close second.

Old blue (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 18:57
Agreed that we put in an excellent performance.
Certainly didn't get the rub of the green from the ref in the second half.
Their second try involved a knock on and he missed a no arms tackle on Booj.
We were unlucky and deserved to win.

Blue Fox (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 19:29
Quote:
Old blue
Agreed that we put in an excellent performance.
Certainly didn't get the rub of the green from the ref in the second half.
Their second try involved a knock on and he missed a no arms tackle on Booj.
We were unlucky and deserved to win.
Didnt see the knock on from the scrum bar end but the no arms was blatent. Should have been a penalty giving a kick to win it. Would not put money on it going over though.

30 December, 2017 20:22
Extremely proud of our team, total commitment by all......the now predictable team changes at the fifty five minute point cost us continuity and therefore the game.......

Ealing come here for a easy five point win and were relieved to scraped through with four points......I expected to see us murdered today on the pitch.....the boys in blue proved me wrong...........

Ginger Blueboy (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 12:50
One point more than I thought we'd get against an Ealing side who were still strong, even if slightly below-par in first half. However, could, and probably should, have won today, the chances were there with the conversion and final attack.

In terms of wins/draws, really not much separating 3rd to 11th in table. Being on the right side more often than not of close encounters is crucial to finishing as high as possible. Our record in the league so far of W1 D2 L3 in games which finish 7 points or fewer between the sides we will hopefully improve in 2018!

02 January, 2018 16:55
Early on in the first half Ealing with the put in at the scrum were penalised for not putting the ball in straight.......no one sitting near me in the stand had ever seen this happen before at GR......or are we mistaken.........?

Also do any of the teams we play at GR ever get penalised for offside?

Hopefully its not to late to wish you all a Happy, Healthy, and Prosperous New Year from Mrs S and Myself......

Riverman (IP Logged)
04 January, 2018 13:42
What was the attendance in the end please?

04 January, 2018 17:22
Riverman 3401

Riverman (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 09:38
OK thats not to bad Compo. Thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net