rugbyunion
Latest News:

How's the pitch (and weather) doing?
almostatyke (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 18:54
Hi guys, Carnegie fan here. Though I am unable to make the match this weekend, just wondered if it is likely to be on? At Headingley we have undersoil heating but even so, Rhinos match this weekend is likely to be called off due to problems in the public access areas, i.e. car parks, external stairs.
For the record we have 3" of snow and light snow is still falling.

Brrrr!

Re: How's the pitch (and weather) doing?
compo simonite (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 08:26
Almostatyke below is a link to the official site

[www.bedfordrugby.co.uk]

No under the pitch heating here but frost covers are on currently light covering of snow on pitch......but snow forecast for most of today and most of Friday......

With my ‘sensible’ hat on I suspect it’s going to be off not because of the pitch but the logistics of getting both teams and officials to the pitch.........and the added factor of the wind-chill factor.

So I suggest the return of the good old ‘pools panel’.........and me and Mrs S make it a home win with a bonus point.......what say you?

almostatyke (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 11:02
I well remember the pools panel:

Arsenal 0, Rose and Crown 2.

Better for results to be decided on the pitch IMHO - whenever that might be.

Garlic sausage (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 08:08
Saturday 3pm forecast is 6 degrees so should be on if Yorks can get there.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net