rugbyunion
Latest News:

New owner
red eagle (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 16:36
According to the Rugby Paper Martin Castrogiovanni is looking to buy a championship[ club, where better for an Italian international (ok so he was born in Argentina), than Bedford.

Re: New owner
mellsblue (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 17:06
Can we be ‘bought’?

Jonathan Wilcox (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 17:32
Mamma Mia

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2018 21:44 by Jonathan Wilcox.

TryBlues (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 18:43
Quote:
mellsblue
Can we be ‘bought’?

Yes

compo simonite (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 14:35
We were brought ‘once’ and nearly ‘sold’ twice I think.......or was it the others way round......perhaps others on here who have a better knowledge of the period, will correct me.....

Yes we can be brought but it would require BOTH A and B shareholders to agree....the Italian connection would go down well.......but the Blues could end up playing in another part of the country ........think Wasps....

......now where are my share..........

red eagle (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 16:59
Who were we bought by Compo?

TryBlues (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 22:52
After Warren we were bought by 2 and then almost sold to Coventry before we ended up how we are now.

The shares are worth nothing other than what the shareholders would be willing to part with to recover losses. At some stage we do need the next younger money man to keep us going or look at more inventive ways to generate income.

red eagle (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 05:03
2 postings now say we were bought, has anybody any idea who bought us? Surely one only needs to buy Mr Irvines shares to run the club?

compo simonite (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 13:02
[en.m.wikipedia.org]

Red Eagle the above link to Wikipedia will answer your question, see the sections headed ‘The Professional Era’ and ‘The decline’........

red eagle (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 17:47
Thank you, so that was an old company that was sold not the present one in which people have shares.

TryBlues (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 18:25
And your point is what exactly? The club (trade, right to play in the Premiership) was sold to Highernova Ltd, you don't have to buy the shares to buy everything a company owns. A good way to lose the history.

red eagle (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 18:53
The clubs "right to play in the premiership" as you wrongly refer to it never left Goldington Road or the surrounding area, always either being in the club safe, located in the office next to the Jack Pope bar, despite the efforts of a safecracker to remove it, and latterly resided in the safe of one of the people who later became a director of the club.
As the club was bought by the present shareholders in 1999 and the Premiership didn't come into being until 3 seasons later why did Bedford have a "right to play in the premiership".

TryBlues (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 11:58
I do not know why you keep asking these "questions" when you sit there claiming to know everything just to try and boost your ego!

Blues were in the Premiership in the 99/00 season. [rugby.statbunker.com]

There were many "secret" meetings to get special permission to still play in the Premiership when this was happening, as all the work went on behind the scences. This was to stop the way of Richmond and London Scottish. Only once everything was agreed we then had to get the money fast to show it would work. It really wasn't a 5 minute job.

We needed a new company immediately hence an off the shelf company was bought to make sure we could continue. I neglected to say that we bought a company in order to trade.

The right had to be transferred to the new company and that could only be done with RFU approval.

[beta.companieshouse.gov.uk]

Whatever I say is probably a wasted effort and to be honest who really cares. The question was not on the history of the club. It was can someone buy us and the answer is yes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/04/2018 12:12 by TryBlues.

red eagle (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 18:27
Thank you TB, your last line answers my question.

Jonathan Wilcox (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 21:45
I’m glad we cleared that one up........ lol

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net