Current Page: 1 of 3
Booj
ping pong blue (IP Logged)
13 May, 2018 16:28
I assume with Booj being snapped up by Wasps, and the fact that
he had already signed for Blues we got some monies for him

Or did we just let him go with our blessing

Makes you wonder who else from our signings will be on their way

What a wonderful feeder club we are. Trailfinders, now there's a club with ambition

Re: Booj
Luton_Blue (IP Logged)
13 May, 2018 20:53
Itís not the blues way to ask for money, no doubt they even threw him a fairwell party in the marquee and paid for it?

Maybe the blues could have a DR arrangement with Ealing or maybe even Coventry or Anothill? You know they could send us players to help us out?

Even my home team, Luton rugby, are on the up - maybe weíll be in a league one day with the ath, anothill & luton - wonít that be exciting for the two dogs watchers?

TryBlues (IP Logged)
14 May, 2018 13:18
We get money for players in contract.

mellsblue (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 11:57
Booj will be making his Wasps debut this weekend. Straight in to the starting XV at 12.

Luton_Blue (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 17:30
Whoopeee a player we let go makes his debut for another club

I know itís nevef gonna happen but Iíd have preferred a debut for a blues in the premiership

If we do well this season, weíll wave goodbye to our best players and be moaning on here for lack of ambition

Jonathan Wilcox (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 21:06
Maybe we need to replace Atkinson with Booj at the top of this page.., Neither were legends in my opinion. Move on.,,

iron blue (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 05:59
Quote:
Luton_Blue
I know itís nevef gonna happen but Iíd have preferred a debut for a blues in the premiership

If we do well this season, weíll wave goodbye to our best players and be moaning on here for lack of ambition
Think you do enough moaning for everyone mate.

mellsblue (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 18:57
Quote:
iron blue
Quote:
Luton_Blue

Think you do enough moaning for everyone mate.
Seconded.

Luton_Blue (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 19:33
Apathy is not an option - get your blues tinted glasses here!

I only mosn if thereís a reason to!

Losing good players is never going to please me, sorry!

They said, even despite a loss today Iím happy to be 2nd

compo simonite (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 19:59
So am I moaning if I like others I aspire to see the Blues playing in the Premiership some time in the future.......or am I moaning when being realistic I know that at the end of season the club will lose some its best players to others clubs who offer young players the possibility of playing at a higher level......

15 September, 2018 20:03
I like the rest us wish Michael a successful game and future at his new club.....

Luton_Blue (IP Logged)
16 September, 2018 11:58
I aspire for blues to be top & in the premiership

I think blues supporters may be a little selfish and like our chairman see it as their own little privat club.

Iíd like bigger crowds and ambition

Oh look Iím moaning again smiling smiley smiling smiley

You lot crack me up, apathy!

mellsblue (IP Logged)
16 September, 2018 16:47
I thought he went well. Bit of a ropey start but he was very influential in the last 30 mins. Hopefully heíll get a run in the side.

blueherts (IP Logged)
16 September, 2018 20:55
Luton Blue - I really wish you would go away and find yourself a club you consider to be worthy of your support.

I am heartily sick of your carping and sarcasm. Boring repetitive and predictable.

You seem to imagine all can be overcome simply by having "ambition". If you want to see where unrealistic ambition gets you, you need look no further than London Welsh.
If you happen to have £10m+ or so lying around spare step forward - but if not, just stop moaning and enjoy the rugby like most of the rest of us.

Luton_Blue (IP Logged)
17 September, 2018 09:37
Did I say unrealistic ambition?

But itís ambition that drives a club & players isnít it?

Without ambition thereís nothing?

Even my local football club has ambition.

Is ambition trying to finish as high as you can every year in the same league, every year, is it?

Talk about me being negative, look at yourself first, really. You obviously donít understand the meaning of it.

Please donít tell me who I should support or what my opinion is

I actually think thereís nothing negative about having some kind of affordable ambition but in your mind surely there is - nobody wants to see the club bankrupt but plenty of other clubs have achieved with a sustainable plan.

blueherts (IP Logged)
17 September, 2018 15:13
Try actually reading my post, Luton Blue.

I did not talk about you being negative.
Nor did I tell you what your opinion is.

I am just tired of your constant moaning on this forum.

Luton_Blue (IP Logged)
17 September, 2018 18:48
Define missing, am I not a customer? Do I not have a right to an opinion? Do others not Ďmoaní too?

Just because I donít see it through blue tinted glasses and my opinion is not the same as you, you consider it moaning? Hilarious!

iron blue (IP Logged)
17 September, 2018 19:58
Quote:
Luton_Blue
I aspire for blues to be top & in the premiership
I think blues supporters may be a little selfish and like our chairman see it as their own little privat club.

Iíd like bigger crowds and ambition

Oh look Iím moaning again smiling smiley smiling smiley

You lot crack me up, apathy!
Moaning again? Boring again would be more accurate, mate, you should take up drinking, might make you a bit more interesting.

Luton_Blue (IP Logged)
18 September, 2018 10:33
and you should stop drinking because it obviously addles your mind. smiling smiley

Is it boring you that I have an opinion, really?

Welshblues (IP Logged)
18 September, 2018 12:00
Quote:
Luton_Blue
and you should stop drinking because it obviously addles your mind. smiling smiley
Is it boring you that I have an opinion, really?

After a great deal of thought and consideration I decided not to renew my season ticket or indeed make the journey every couple of weeks to watch the Blues anymore. Thus severing a 10 year association with the club. The cost and outlay just didn't add up anymore and I couldn't justify forking out £700 a year to watch what I have to admit is an unambitious club which regrettably will fail to reach beyond mid table this year I feel. Although I don't agree with everything LB puts out here his long standing question of ambition is spot on and he is entitled to that opinion. Some of the comments made by members on here are totally uncalled for and maybe during the latter part of the season you may wish to reconsider your comments and redirect them at the board. The club seem to just patch a squad together for a season, not sure there is any long term plan, and if there is then it isn't very visible and who wants Ben Foden, what a mess that appears to be and sums up the Blues right now.
So I'm paying my £120 a year to watch Principality Premier League safe in the knowledge that my club even though they can't get promotion have a clear 10 year plan involving their under 8's right through to their academy with a nucleus of home grown talent making up 65% of their squad.

18 September, 2018 12:51
Welsh I shall personally miss your contributions to this forum and I agree with most of your last posting......

.......hopefully you will from time to time send us posting on what ever the topic is at the time......and i wish you and your chosen club every success........

Welshblues (IP Logged)
19 September, 2018 12:20
Quote:
compo simonite
Welsh I shall personally miss your contributions to this forum and I agree with most of your last posting......
.......hopefully you will from time to time send us posting on what ever the topic is at the time......and i wish you and your chosen club every success........

Thanks for that CS, a relatively easy decision to make in the end, and yes my team are doing fine so far. Far more satisfying to watch a squad made up of primarily local lads within a 60 mile radius. With a core of players that have come up through the youth scheme and academy and after serving 2 or 3 years in the first XV will be ready to represent the region in the Pro 14. And playing for a club that openly publish their intensions and 5/10 year plan based on the fact that they know promotion is not an option, and who set their admission and season ticket prices accordingly. A club that recognise the financial and emotional investment their supporters make and therefore forge a strong bond with them , keeping them informed at all times.

yes my club is nothing like Bedford

Maybe Bedford need to look at Yorkshire, Ealing, London Irish, Coventry and what they're are doing and why they will finish above the Blues come the end of the season - the missing links are AMBITION and HONESTY

Luton_Blue (IP Logged)
19 September, 2018 13:33
I just try and be honest and call it as I see it, this may come over as a negative for a lot of people.

I see a lot of other clubs with ambition including one up the road at ampthill and Iím sure they have a mission statement and a plan. This should be clear and up on the website .

I am impressed by the community offer - summer camps &!school etc tie inís - this is impressive on such a limited budget. Other then profile does it gain the club anything else and is it because itís funded by the RFU. My impression is that most promising players in our area end up at the saints? This shouldnít happen

I live in a town whose football club has become a feeder for teams above them, even though they do have ambition and probably a mission statement itís bever a satisfactory seeing your best players head off - this is why I feel that way about the blues - Iíd want them to stay & do their stuff with our club!

I understand the finiacisl implications but we still have to have ambition otherwise you stagnate - thereís only so long you can advertise your ambition as being finishing as high as you can without promotion. People want more! And when we donít finish high the players will stop coming to us.

God forbid ampthill leap frog us and become the number one team in the county.

And I will never criticise the clubs officials for their work & effort, a lot of very good people associated with the club! Nice people!

Seemingly, all things considered this constitutes mowing?
Paying for my tickets should give a little right to moan?

Garlic sausage (IP Logged)
19 September, 2018 17:10
Nothing said on here is going to make a blind bit of difference.
Try directing your comments at the club, we'll wait.

Luton_Blue (IP Logged)
19 September, 2018 19:29
Do you think theyíd listen?

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net