rugbyunion
Latest News:

Fixture List and Cup Group Out
Ginger Blueboy (IP Logged)
22 June, 2018 12:35
[www.bedfordrugby.co.uk]

Not sure I've seen a worse fixture list, tbh.

3 away games in first 4, Cornish Pirates away twice in 3 weeks, alternating with Hartpury at home twice, before Irish home and away in a week in the cup.

One Christmas holiday fixture, and it'll be away. Jersey in mid-January away. Our back-to-back home fixtures are in the colder periods of the season (late November/December; late January/early February).

Re: Fixture List and Cup Group Out
Yaffle (IP Logged)
24 June, 2018 09:49
The lack of a Boxing Day/New Year's Day fixture will have a serious financial impact on the club - this was generally the most well supported game of the entire season with 4,000 plus attending. A game against Coventry over that period would have been most attractive.

TryBlues (IP Logged)
24 June, 2018 15:22
From a fixture list perspective this has to be the worst ever! Pointless cup competition seeing us travel pretty much to the furthest places on the division we could. 4 away games in the first 6 as well.

25 June, 2018 10:49
Also, because there's a quarter-final stage, there's a 75% chance of getting through the cup group stage. Unless the quarter-finals are seeded (i.e. Group A winner plays Group B 3rd place at home), there's nothing to play for once a team's got 3 wins/12 points.

compo simonite (IP Logged)
25 June, 2018 12:19
With so many fixtures still to be confirmed plus several ‘typos’ its at best a mess......

But with no home fixture on the weekend before Christmas its a financial disaster.......and with over a month between home fixtures in December/January .......

........it seems that the Blues have cancelled Christmas........

Luton_Blue (IP Logged)
26 June, 2018 12:34
If the blues have any sense they’ll reduce ticket prices for the cup games because there’s no way these will be big crowd pullers?

A better cup would have been against the teams in national one or the A teams from the premiership

This just shows how much contempt the rfu put on the championships - the blues would have been better not entering - waste of time!

Magoo (IP Logged)
26 June, 2018 15:48
Quote:
Luton_Blue
If the blues have any sense they’ll reduce ticket prices for the cup games because there’s no way these will be big crowd pullers?

.......and upset season ticket holders that have purchased there's at the full price. Somehow I don't think so!

Yaffle (IP Logged)
26 June, 2018 16:29
"........it seems that the Blues have cancelled Christmas........"
I'm not sure that the Blues have any say in the programming of the fixture list but, and this would be true for many clubs, the lack of a fixture on Boxing Day or New Year's Day will be a big financial loss.

Riverman (IP Logged)
27 June, 2018 10:26
just gone through it. The list looks awful. London Irish Football Stadium hate it. Pirates too far too travel twice. Hartpury no local hotels or pubs in middle of nowhere. 3 of the worst away cup fixtures. And no xmas new year. Will be tough year for the club.

Luton_Blue (IP Logged)
27 June, 2018 11:42
Steady you’ll get accused of being negative although you’re only reporting the facts

28 June, 2018 21:41
The Chairman’s view on the year ahead......
[bedfordrugby.co.uk]

29 June, 2018 18:19
Ealing have confirmed their Christmas hol. home game will be on 22 December.

Really hoping club are liaising with Richmond to find out if they'll play us before Christmas Day or on Boxing Day & pushing for dispensation to move Ealing to New Year's Eve instead of 12th Jan.

It's the right approach to sound upbeat and try to drum interest for the cup and general fixture list, but lack of a Christmas hol. fixture has a huge financial impact for us and not something we should take lying down.

TryBlues (IP Logged)
29 June, 2018 19:22
It's not only the finances it's also what are we going to do with ourselves!

30 June, 2018 09:27
Quote:
TryBlues

Also, true!

01 July, 2018 21:20
TryBlues

‘It's not only the finances it's also what are we going to do with ourselves!’

Indeed it is a disaster..........Mrs S has informed me as there are no home games over the Festivities that I can now accompany her on her pre Christmas shopping AND also go with her to the January sales.......its disaster..........

1bluesladyfan (IP Logged)
01 July, 2018 22:31
Quote:
Ginger Blueboy
Quote:
TryBlues

Also, true!

Err - you have another year of study while following from afar!! Hope all is well?

02 July, 2018 08:50
1bluesladyfan......so lovely to see you grace these pages again ....... I recall that back in 2016 you once described those on here as cliquey.......have we changed?

03 July, 2018 07:40
Up to date fixture list on the club site
[www.bedfordrugby.co.uk]

03 July, 2018 16:55
Why not move the Ealing game from the 12th January to the 5th January its not a perfect answer but it will still feel like the festive season is still with us........

08 July, 2018 21:26
Quote:
compo simonite
1bluesladyfan......so lovely to see you grace these pages again ....... I recall that back in 2016 you once described those on here as cliquey.......have we changed?
Nope, but I am a free woman and able to post gracefully here if I choose to do so.
I do believe I've posted in the interim which you may, sadly, have missed. I envy your memory! I may post again in the future, so hope for a further chat with you. Or pop along on a Saturday morning during these close season working party soirees and have fun with a superb crowd of followers/fans

08 July, 2018 22:01
1bluesladyfan.......’Or pop along on a Saturday morning during these close season working party soirees and have fun with a superb crowd of followers/fans.....’

Thank you for your kind invite gracious lady.....which because of age and health I will have to forego .....however I did my bit some years ago when it was a Thursday evening working party......remember removing stones and other objects off the practice pitch.......only to see the team cabin placed on the ground we had cleared the next week......they then called it Rudis Den.......great days eh!

10 July, 2018 18:39
I've not let my age and health slow me down yet. Fingers tightly crossed that this will continue to be the case.

27 July, 2018 13:15
[www.bedfordrugby.co.uk]

Deep joy Bedford are to play Ampthill in a friendly on Wednesday 26 December.......should be a winner around........I cannot recall if it was suggested on this forum or not.........for me it means an escape from the ‘Sales’ with Mrs Simonite......joy!

Riverman (IP Logged)
14 August, 2018 15:43
Good effort from the club to sort something out, but will be a toss up between going and shopping i am afraid. I have booked Jersey away trip so at least got that to look forward to in January

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net