rugbyunion
Latest News:

Blues Plymouth Friday evening
bluegrass (IP Logged)
31 July, 2018 12:11
Anybody going? Be nice to get a score update.

Re: Blues Plymouth Friday evening
Luton_Blue (IP Logged)
02 August, 2018 11:08
it'll be on twitter.

But obviously from this, minimal interest

bluegrass (IP Logged)
03 August, 2018 22:59
Slight error of judgement it's next Friday, I blame the sun the beer and age fatal combination.

Luton_Blue (IP Logged)
04 August, 2018 11:37
Well you had me fooled, was looking for a tam up-date yesterday smiling smiley I blame age too?

red eagle (IP Logged)
12 August, 2018 10:25
Glad I went down for the week(booked before the game was announced) and not just for the game. Only bright sparks were the fireworks competition mid week.
If things don't get better it looks like being a long season. Perhaps it was because the legendary Bedford travelling support was all but missing.

Luton_Blue (IP Logged)
13 August, 2018 09:05
It's only a friendly & first game but does highlight what many think on here that recruitment hasn't been that inspiring and we're lacking in certain positions.

If Plymouth dominate their league then this will give perspective to this game,

It's worrying that there wasn't more Blues support, I thought these guys went everywhere! Maybe they know something we don't.

We'll get thrashed by Saracens (a given) so lets see how we get on against the mighty Bishops Stortford!!!! That'll be a good barometer of the coming season f we beat them we should push onto to a high finish (sic)

Jonathan Wilcox (IP Logged)
13 August, 2018 17:59
Lol, yep weíll be humped Saturday, but thatís the special relationship we have lol.

Steve O (IP Logged)
13 August, 2018 22:03
I was there Friday as on holiday in Cornwall so thought it would seem rude not to pop over.

Plus points - the line out functioned really well and ruined theirs.
Pace - Adamson break in the first half which Jamie Elliott was the only player on the pitch able to keep up with resulted in the try of the match.
It is the first game of pre season
It canít get worse than the second half of this game
Thatís about it

Areas to work on
First up tackles (shocking in 2nd half)
Retaining our ball at the breakdown
Discipline (fair few scraps for this type of game and a yellow card for Cooper!)
Passing! A couple of interceptions thrown and we looked like we hadnít practiced this particular starting line up
Place kicking

Hopefully the injuries to Tapley and Fields are not too serious - also hope their 7 is OK but his injury looked pretty serious.

Aiming to get back in time to see the Sarries game - yes we will get humped but so do many premiership teams, letís not forget they are the champions!

I think we will be fine in the long run and am not placing too much on this performance. I hope I am proved right.

Luton_Blue (IP Logged)
14 August, 2018 09:08
We donít seem to hang onto players - instead of having a strong squad by which we can identify weaknesses we seem to end up just replacing players that have left - it creates a problem and we end up rebuilding after every season.

This creates what we see good season then bad season and so on.

We need to be careful that one year itís not a really bad season!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net